Worse if awakened from sleep

Here you will find all the discussions from the time this group was hosted on YahooGroups and groups.io
You can browse through these topics and reply to them as needed.
It is not possible to start new topics in this forum. Please use the respective other forums most related to your topic.
Healthseeker

Worse if awakened from sleep

Post by Healthseeker »

Hello All,

My, my! Doesn't this look nice! My first visit to the new site. Actually, I usually just use the emails anyway. But this still looks like a nice, fresh venue.

This is about an 87yr old woman, ravaged by neglectful and mindless allopathic care. She has had 3 strokes over the last 10 years and also is in the advanced phases of Alzheimer's. She has certain triggers that set her off into violence, most of which we have been controlling with remedies like Hyoscyamus niger, Stramonium, Gelsemium, Belladonna and others, as the need arises. One major trigger is if someone wakes her up. She will immediately go into aggression (or could it be defense???), clawing, kicking, biting and screaming very loud. Anything to repel. She is extremely strong-minded - always was. And, in spite of having been weakened by her last hospital visit to the point that she can no longer get out of bed on her own, never mind walk, she still has a lot of strength left in her hands and feet when she feels threatened.

She went into a hospital 2 months ago with a UTI, which she is prone to. The hospital staff did not heed the warning of not waking her up (apparently, nothing is more important than SOPs and maintaining schedules) and so they got clawed and bitten. Consequently, they refused to approach her anymore for fear of bodily harm. They would not walk her to the bathroom, even though it was explained to them that she still has a very strong urge to want to use the toilet, rather than soil herself in the diaper. Not to mention that it's hard to pass stool in a diaper, sitting or laying down. So, that urge drives her to head for the toilet. As a result, within a week of her entry to the hospital, she broke her wrist, struggling to get out of her very high hospital bed, climbing over the bed's railing - which, of course added extra height and a worse outcome to her fall.

The end result was 2 whole months in hospital, sitting/lying constantly in bed, with occasional “outings” sat in and tied to a garden chair type contraption. She went into the hospital completely ambulatory - with a walker - and came out a bowl of helpless pudding. She was also able to have conversations before she went in, albeit only in her native tongue, and she had both aphonia and aphasia from the strokes and the Alzheimer’s. Although she does understand English perfectly, when she opens her mouth, only Hungarian comes out. But, since they saw fit to inject her with Haldol on a recent violent event, about a week before she was discharged, she now barely whispers even in Hungarian and most of what she says makes absolutely no sense at all.

She was discharged from the hospital and sent to a nursing home about 2 weeks ago. There, she is encountering the same resistance to accommodating her needs. The staff has busy, important schedules and SOPs to maintain and can’t be bothered with one individual resident’s “petty” needs.

I recently started her on Sulphur 12C in solution BID, to help with her resistance to being touched and bathed. But it has not been administered but twice, because the nurse who agreed to do it, immediately left on a 2 week vacation. And the new nurses won’t do it without the resident doctor’s consent. The preliminary results were gratifying though, just from the 2 doses. She was not fighting them as hard when they dressed her. The bathing had not improved just yet. I am expecting a response from the doctor within the next day or two. I am far away from the nursing home (about 3 hours or so, and across international borders) so I can’t go there to administer the homeopathics myself. I can only visit 2-3 times a month.

Given the above, can someone give me some ideas on which remedies might help with the issue of aggression when she is awakened from sleep? I know Nux is better if allowed to finish a nap. However, this is not just for naps and goes far beyond just irritability.

I would appreciate any constructive input.

Thanks to All!

Suki

homeopath

Re: Worse if awakened from sleep

Post by homeopath »

Can you read Zincum (and any of the salts) in Scholten's Elements? There is dementia and a definite agg from being woken.
From: Minutus@rifegroup.groups.io [mailto:Minutus@rifegroup.groups.io] On Behalf Of Healthseeker
Sent: Wednesday, February 19, 2020 1:00 PM
To: Minutus@rifegroup.groups.io
Subject: [Minutus] Worse if awakened from sleep
Hello All,

My, my! Doesn't this look nice! My first visit to the new site. Actually, I usually just use the emails anyway. But this still looks like a nice, fresh venue.

This is about an 87yr old woman, ravaged by neglectful and mindless allopathic care. She has had 3 strokes over the last 10 years and also is in the advanced phases of Alzheimer's. She has certain triggers that set her off into violence, most of which we have been controlling with remedies like Hyoscyamus niger, Stramonium, Gelsemium, Belladonna and others, as the need arises. One major trigger is if someone wakes her up. She will immediately go into aggression (or could it be defense???), clawing, kicking, biting and screaming very loud. Anything to repel. She is extremely strong-minded - always was. And, in spite of having been weakened by her last hospital visit to the point that she can no longer get out of bed on her own, never mind walk, she still has a lot of strength left in her hands and feet when she feels threatened.

She went into a hospital 2 months ago with a UTI, which she is prone to. The hospital staff did not heed the warning of not waking her up (apparently, nothing is more important than SOPs and maintaining schedules) and so they got clawed and bitten. Consequently, they refused to approach her anymore for fear of bodily harm. They would not walk her to the bathroom, even though it was explained to them that she still has a very strong urge to want to use the toilet, rather than soil herself in the diaper. Not to mention that it's hard to pass stool in a diaper, sitting or laying down. So, that urge drives her to head for the toilet. As a result, within a week of her entry to the hospital, she broke her wrist, struggling to get out of her very high hospital bed, climbing over the bed's railing - which, of course added extra height and a worse outcome to her fall.

The end result was 2 whole months in hospital, sitting/lying constantly in bed, with occasional “outings” sat in and tied to a garden chair type contraption. She went into the hospital completely ambulatory - with a walker - and came out a bowl of helpless pudding. She was also able to have conversations before she went in, albeit only in her native tongue, and she had both aphonia and aphasia from the strokes and the Alzheimer’s. Although she does understand English perfectly, when she opens her mouth, only Hungarian comes out. But, since they saw fit to inject her with Haldol on a recent violent event, about a week before she was discharged, she now barely whispers even in Hungarian and most of what she says makes absolutely no sense at all.

She was discharged from the hospital and sent to a nursing home about 2 weeks ago. There, she is encountering the same resistance to accommodating her needs. The staff has busy, important schedules and SOPs to maintain and can’t be bothered with one individual resident’s “petty” needs.

I recently started her on Sulphur 12C in solution BID, to help with her resistance to being touched and bathed. But it has not been administered but twice, because the nurse who agreed to do it, immediately left on a 2 week vacation. And the new nurses won’t do it without the resident doctor’s consent. The preliminary results were gratifying though, just from the 2 doses. She was not fighting them as hard when they dressed her. The bathing had not improved just yet. I am expecting a response from the doctor within the next day or two. I am far away from the nursing home (about 3 hours or so, and across international borders) so I can’t go there to administer the homeopathics myself. I can only visit 2-3 times a month.

Given the above, can someone give me some ideas on which remedies might help with the issue of aggression when she is awakened from sleep? I know Nux is better if allowed to finish a nap. However, this is not just for naps and goes far beyond just irritability.

Thanks to All!

Suki

Be careful about reading health books—you may die of a misprint ~ attributed to Mark Twain (1835-1910).
rbshom via Groups.Io

Post by rbshom via Groups.Io »

Interesting and sad case!

This is what I’ve repertorised:
Of these I would go first for Nux-v – you can see why! Sorry the capture cuts the edges a bit…

LM potencies, if you don’t want an initial flare-up?
Sincerely

Roger

Roger Savage MA DSH MRSH HonFSHom

Saffron Walden, Essex UK
From: Minutus@rifegroup.groups.io On Behalf Of Healthseeker
Sent: 19 February 2020 20:00
To: Minutus@rifegroup.groups.io
Subject: [Minutus] Worse if awakened from sleep
Hello All,

Thanks to All!

Suki

Healthseeker

Post by Healthseeker »

My heartfelt thanks to all who responded! I will start with the Nux, I think. Since, I was sort of leaning towards it anyway.

The Opium sounds interesting as an option, if the Nux isn't working. And I will definitely be reading up on Jan Scholten's salts.

Right now, my main concern is finding someone in East End Montreal who would be willing to administer the homeopathics. The nursing home staff won't do it. Not even if I pay them.

Any ideas on that aspect of the problem would be much appreciated.

Thanks again to our wonderful community! I learn so much from you all!

Suki

Return to “Minutus YahooGroup Archives”