Corona virus

Here you will find all the discussions from the time this group was hosted on YahooGroups and groups.io
You can browse through these topics and reply to them as needed.
It is not possible to start new topics in this forum. Please use the respective other forums most related to your topic.
Dale Moss

Corona virus

Post by Dale Moss »

This, just published by National Geographic, is the fullest piece I’ve seen so far on the pathophysiology of the virus:

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/scie ... -the-body/

The possibility that the severest damage is likely caused by cytokine storms makes me wonder what role, if any, vaccination plays in fomenting this over-reaction.

Peace,
Dale

Ellen Madono

Re: Corona virus

Post by Ellen Madono »

Thank you Dale.

Why do you think the immune system storm and vaccination history could be related? Something more precise than vaccinations are affecting the immune system?

Dale Moss

Re: Corona virus

Post by Dale Moss »

Hi, Ellen

I’ve no basis for thinking they’re related, but the possibility intrigues me. Are cytokine storms, such as experienced with SARS and now with the corona virus, more common, and if so, why? Did they become an issue now only because we’re able to identify them?

Before, notably in the Spanish flu, sudden and quick mortality was attributed to onset of a fulminating pneumonia. At the time, homeopaths attributed that to the overuse of aspirin; more recently, the use of aspirin back then was shown to cause Reye’s syndrome.. Is Reye’s actually the effect of a cytokine storm?

Kristy notes that during SARS, cytokine storms were associated with the use of antivirals, the “aspirin” of this era. Can we expect to see a disease that might normally have a mild course turn vicious because of misguided conventional medical treatment? And, going back to my original question, does over-stimulation of the humoral component of the immune system through vaccination contribute to this over-reaction?

Peace,
Dale

Return to “Minutus YahooGroup Archives”