testing

In this forum, we have placed all the messages related to migrating the YahooGroup to this Forum so you can see what happened. These messages have been moved here from the YahooGroups Archive. The forum has been locked, no new posts allowed.
Bob Needham

Re: testing

Post by Bob Needham »

Hi Tanya - we're still here - but 4 1/4 hrs to midnight

Bob

Tanya Marquette

Post by Tanya Marquette »

Just checking as there were no emails for some time

Will check again tomorrow but thanx for responding
t

Shannon Nelson

Post by Shannon Nelson »

My understanding has been that it will keep working for emails, just that nothing will be saved, and digest won’t work any more?

Shannon

Tanya Marquette

Agree with you but the silence here made me nervous

t

Barbara Stephenson

Post by Barbara Stephenson »

According to Yahoo, emails will continue to work, everybody on Digest and No mail will not receive anything anymore.
Not new is that you can no longer post from the group itself, which means that an owner can also no longer reach members on "special notice".
How much owners/moderators really will be able to do in the future is not clear.
What the timeframe for the disappearance of all Messages, Files, Photos etc is, is also unclear. They might all disappear very suddenly or it might take weeks, even several months as it did when they neonized the groups. Time will tell.
I think it has come as a bit of a shock to many to find out how easy it is (when yahoo doesn't have a hissy fit at that precise moment) for members to download the contents of every group they belong to (in some cases even after leaving years before). The only exception is the member list, that can only be downloaded by owner and moderator with the right privileges.
Barbara

Tanya Marquette

Member list is a big issue that is not being attended to with enough seriousness

t
According to Yahoo, emails will continue to work, everybody on Digest and No mail will not receive anything anymore.
Not new is that you can no longer post from the group itself, which means that an owner can also no longer reach members on "special notice".
How much owners/moderators really will be able to do in the future is not clear.
What the timeframe for the disappearance of all Messages, Files, Photos etc is, is also unclear. They might all disappear very suddenly or it might take weeks, even several months as it did when they neonized the groups. Time will tell.
I think it has come as a bit of a shock to many to find out how easy it is (when yahoo doesn't have a hissy fit at that precise moment) for members to download the contents of every group they belong to (in some cases even after leaving years before). The only exception is the member list, that can only be downloaded by owner and moderator with the right privileges.
Barbara

Tanya Marquette

testing

testing   are we all here
t

Dr. Joe Rozencwajg, NMD

Post by Dr. Joe Rozencwajg, NMD »

You and me, we are....

Dr. Joe Rozencwajg, NMD.
"The greatest enemy of any science is a closed mind"