Camphor and respiratory epidemics.

Here you will find all the discussions from the time this group was hosted on YahooGroups and groups.io
You can browse through these topics and reply to them as needed.
It is not possible to start new topics in this forum. Please use the respective other forums most related to your topic.
Healthseeker

Camphor and respiratory epidemics.

Post by Healthseeker »

Link to an interesting article follows my own commentary.
Remembering Rajan Sankaran's recent treatise on Camphor 1M possibly serving as genus epidemicus, the other day I suggested inhaling Camphor vapors to a nurse acquaintance who was suffering from a headache and terrible pain in her upper teeth due to a severe sinus infection. No homeopathic remedies on hand. She said she didn't have any Camphor in the house and asked if Eucalyptus might work? I told her it was worth a try, as eucalyptus contains a small amount of camphor too. I recommended she drop some into boiling hot water and put a towel over her head and drop the ends of the towel around the pot (no longer on the stove, of course) and breathe in the vapors. She later told me that, after she hung up with me, she remembered having some Vicks Vaporub in the house and used some of that in the hot water steam instead. She said her sinuses opened up almost immediately. She stayed over the steam for a few minutes and then enjoyed the rest of her day, pain-free. She did have to repeat the treatment for a couple more days, but the pain and obstruction was less each time and then went away altogether.
Vicks Vaporub contains 4% Camphor. One can also buy Camphor cakes at the pharmacy OTC for very cheap. They are about 2 inches square, wrapped in cellophane.
If taking homeopathic remedies, one should store the camphor cakes securely in a jar or other leak-proof container because even a whiff of camphor will antidote most homeopathic remedies. Also store the container of camphor well away from homeopathic remedies.
The following article on Camphor was written by a devout Muslim, which means that his speech is rather flowery and yes, devout. More so at the beginning and end of the article than in the middle. But this, for me anyway, makes the presentation even more interesting. It reminds me of my time in Saudi Arabia where many men spoke like that all the time (one rarely got to talk with Saudi women - they were pretty much inaccessible to foreigners and also most did not speak English).
https://www.alhakam.org/camphor-and-res ... ne-remedy/

Suki

Return to “Minutus YahooGroup Archives”