Oil of wild oregano

Here you will find all the discussions from the time this group was hosted on YahooGroups and groups.io
You can browse through these topics and reply to them as needed.
It is not possible to start new topics in this forum. Please use the respective other forums most related to your topic.
Carol Orr

Oil of wild oregano

Post by Carol Orr »

had a weird blood pressure experience the day after I took two drops of herb and spice oil of wild oregano. At doctor office next day they measured blood pressure when I came in and bp was 185. In doctors office it went to 220. He immediately sent me to urgent care where 30 minutes later it was 177 and 30 minutes after that it was 138. I read only in one place with no explaination that people with high blood pressure and heart issues should not use oil of wild oregano. I had high blood pressure for a while and got lax about taking magnesium and olive leaf. But every time I have taken the gels or the drops of oil of wild oregano... three times of gel.. three migraines and of the two drops of the oil... the blood pressure issue above. Anyone have have ideas about why oil of oregano would do this ? Of course I’m not going to take anymore but I had been hoping to take if I got the Coronavirus .
Sent from my iPhone

Elizabeth Brandegee

Re: Oil of wild oregano

Post by Elizabeth Brandegee »

I have never felt right about using oregano oil medicinally. It proves over and over to be damaging at worst and uncertainly helpful at best.
Also the action is somewhat like a biocide, which kills indiscriminently, is it not?
Elizabeth
had a weird blood pressure experience the day after I took two drops of herb and spice oil of wild oregano. At doctor office next day they measured blood pressure when I came in and bp was 185. In doctors office it went to 220. He immediately sent me to urgent care where 30 minutes later it was 177 and 30 minutes after that it was 138. I read only in one place with no explaination that people with high blood pressure and heart issues should not use oil of wild oregano. I had high blood pressure for a while and got lax about taking magnesium and olive leaf. But every time I have taken the gels or the drops of oil of wild oregano... three times of gel.. three migraines and of the two drops of the oil... the blood pressure issue above. Anyone have have ideas about why oil of oregano would do this ? Of course I’m not going to take anymore but I had been hoping to take if I got the Coronavirus .
Sent from my iPhone

Dr. Joe Rozencwajg, NMD

Post by Dr. Joe Rozencwajg, NMD »

You are using an essential oil orally at 2 drops dose.

Oregano is an extremely potent general anti-inflammatory and anti-infectious herb and extremely effective....but also extremely toxic when inappropriately ingested as an EO, as you have experienced. And so are most of the EO.

No problems when used in a diffuser or diluted in a massage oil.

I use them orally in extreme cases when all other measures have failed and have about half a dozen cases like that in the last 25 years; tells you something about how cautious I am, doesn't it.

The way I use them, but please do not try that at home if you are not trained in EO, is in a 1% (one percent) dilution using another useful synergistic herbal tincture, generally Propolis or Echinacea. From that dilution I start with ONE drop/day, observe, increase to 2 if well tolerated. I have never been able to go above a total of 6 drops/day without the patient reacting, in my cases mostly with digestive symptoms.

Remember, EO are dangerous to ingest in their pure form. 10 mls of Eucalyptus oil (found in may households and very effective in cases of upper respiratory infections), swallowed by a child can land him in a status epilepticus that no drug or remedy can reverse; the child needs to be paralysed and anaesthetised, put on a respirator until the EO clears from his brain, and this can take days, sometimes weeks.

Vaporise you EOs, perfect; put 1-2 drops on your pillow at night, very good; use the herb in tincture or teas, excellent; do not ingest the EO unless you know what you are doing and how to do that.

No, I am not teaching it, sorry.

Joe.
Dr. Joe Rozencwajg, NMD.
"The greatest enemy of any science is a closed mind"

www.naturamedica.co.nz

Dr. Joe Rozencwajg, NMD

I know it is marketed and also promoted by some famous aromatherapists....but it is either very diluted or very dangerous.

In doubt, abstain: use it in diffusers, diluted in oil on the skin (dilute well as it can create irritation, specifically oregano), drops on the pillow, or in herbal tinctures.

For cats and dogs, you need to search their toxicity for every animal; they react differently, not the same physiology as primates, we tend to forget that.

Be safe without neglecting a powerful tool.
Dr. Joe Rozencwajg, NMD.

www.naturamedica.co.nz

Heidi Junger

Post by Heidi Junger »

I used the essential oil 'Thieves' to get rid of my remaining Lyme symptoms (neck pains) years back. Once a day, I took 1 drop in a glass of water and sipped it. Inhaled what came off the glass while sipping. Did this for a few days and my symptoms went away.

Drinking a potent EO is no fun, even diluted. But when the time comes.... Very dilute was fine for me.
But everybody is different.

Heidi
I know it is marketed and also promoted by some famous aromatherapists....but it is either very diluted or very dangerous.

In doubt, abstain: use it in diffusers, diluted in oil on the skin (dilute well as it can create irritation, specifically oregano), drops on the pillow, or in herbal tinctures.

For cats and dogs, you need to search their toxicity for every animal; they react differently, not the same physiology as primates, we tend to forget that.

Be safe without neglecting a powerful tool.
Dr. Joe Rozencwajg, NMD.

www.naturamedica.co.nz

Shannon Nelson

Post by Shannon Nelson »

If I've understood right, the instruction to have no more than 2% thymol for internal use, that is because of the toxicity concern. Is that not enough to take care of the issue?

Dr. Joe Rozencwajg, NMD

I have had good clinical results with the minimal doses I described: bronchiectasis infected with resistant Pseudomonas, infected sclerosing cholangitis resistant to all antibiotics and others.

It also depends on the quality of the EO used; too many advertised one are synthetic, with a good smell but no activity.

As homeopaths we know that small doses are very effective; outside homeopathy, look at homeobotanicals, Bach Flowers and the many herbalists using drop doses with much success.
Dr. Joe Rozencwajg, NMD.

www.naturamedica.co.nz

Tanya Marquette

Post by Tanya Marquette »

I am having some difficulty locating the Oil of Organo with the P73

I see on Amazon they have the Zane Hellas product that is listed as Pure

and undiluted with <2% Thymol but it does not say anything about P73

What is the difference between this and a product labeled P73?

Admittedly it is probably late in the game for ordering this product.

The health food stores are totally empty of anything related to flu,

virus, inflammation.  Cannot even find Gelsemium or Bryonia or Eup Perf.

Anything brought in goes out even faster. People are really in a high
anxiety state.

t

Tanya Marquette

Post by Tanya Marquette »

I am having some difficulty locating the Oil of Organo with the P73

I see on Amazon they have the Zane Hellas product that is listed as Pure

and undiluted with <2% Thymol but it does not say anything about P73

What is the difference between this and a product labeled P73?

Admittedly it is probably late in the game for ordering this product.

The health food stores are totally empty of anything related to flu,

virus, inflammation. Cannot even find Gelsemium or Bryonia or Eup Perf.

Anything brought in goes out even faster. People are really in a high
anxiety state.

t

Dr. Joe Rozencwajg, NMD

Honestly, I have no idea about the difference... I go with certified
organic from a trusted small local company. They might be able and
willing to ship overseas: www.gonative.co.nz just maybe but worth a try...

Dr. Joe Rozencwajg, NMD.

www.naturamedica.co.nz

Return to “Minutus YahooGroup Archives”