Questions about deteriorated joints

Here you will find all the discussions from the time this group was hosted on YahooGroups and groups.io
You can browse through these topics and reply to them as needed.
It is not possible to start new topics in this forum. Please use the respective other forums most related to your topic.
Tanya Marquette

Questions about deteriorated joints

Post by Tanya Marquette »

Sorry for duplicate posts but I am still leery about the connecting with
the new groups.

I am struggling with some serious joint issues.  Have lost all cartilage
in both knees and left shoulder.

Medical focus is all on replacement surgery.  Needless to say I have
resisted this for years.  However,

the shoulder is very painful keeping me awake at night--lying down seems
to aggravate significantly.

The other day I was told about a 'simpler' surgery where they reverse
the ball and socket in the shoulder

and that is 3 week recovery (if we believe that).  The orthopedic
surgeon I saw last week had nothing

to offer for any relief of the shoulder, including this apparently
abbreviated procedure.

Someone the other day on one of these list referenced the harm from
titanium implants .
My questions:

1.  what experience has anyone had in helping to ameliorate the pain
from missing cartilage?

2.  what information can anyone share about the harm from titanium implants?

3.  What other suggestions or information can anyone share for holistic
protocols?

I am getting a bit frightened of this state of being as it doesn't
seem to bode well for the

future as living with bone-on-bone conditions promises only more
deterioration unless it

can be controlled.
What have I done (as people I am sure with ask)?

Homeopathy never helped the deterioration in the knees

Low Level Laser helped rebuild the cartilage a few years ago when there
still was some left

but is not able to replace what is not there!

Stem cells which was a total waste of time and money and left me with
joints in worse condition.

Cannot say if those injections caused damage or the conditions were in a
deteriorating process.

I spend 1.5 years dealing with stem cells.   FYI, I found out at some
point the hyerloronic (sp?) injections

that were used at some point most likely came from GMO bacteria being
used to make the product.

It horrified me to learn this!  Wonder if they had anything to do with
increasing deterioration?
Would really love any input that people can share with me.
t

Dale Moss

Re: Questions about deteriorated joints

Post by Dale Moss »

Mangialavori had a pretty amazing case of a young man with severe right hip problems: some months after the remedy (Bell. high), X-rays showed the cartilage in his hip had rebuilt itself. This is not to say that Bell. is a remedy for cartilage problems, obviously; it’s only to point out the miracles that homeopathy can work with the right constitutional.

Here’s a link to an allopathic approach that might hold some promise:

https://www.nibib.nih.gov/news-events/n ... ngineering

When I tore my meniscus some years back, I used cell salts (Calc-fl., Calc-phos., Silica) to help with pain and to strengthen what little cartilage remained. It seems to have worked pretty well. I was impressed particularly with the pain relief, especially since I had Lyme at the time, and Lyme loves to go to damaged joints! The knee looked like a watermelon.

When the cartilage is eroding in all of your joints, however, it’s likely a miasmatic issue, one that neutraceuticals like fish oil aren’t going to address. Have you looked at remedies in the syphilitic miasm that might address this issue? Or the progression of deterioration from one side to the other, not to mention from bottom to top?

Peace,
Dale

Dr. Joe Rozencwajg, NMD

Post by Dr. Joe Rozencwajg, NMD »

I have use organotherapy Cartilage associated with Gemmotherapics with some success but ONLY if there is still cartilage present that can be regenerated.
Dr. Joe Rozencwajg, NMD.
"The greatest enemy of any science is a closed mind"

www.naturamedica.co.nz

Shannon Nelson

Post by Shannon Nelson »

Hi Tanya,

So sorry to hear that!!!

I wish I had concrete relevant experience to share, but all I have is a non-homeopathic idea I have found to help all sorts of unexpected things, and I'm betting would help you feel better and possibly even help the joints, maybe as part of a bigger treatment picture.

Here's the short version-- I'm sorry, it turned into a dissertation!--and I can send you a more detailed article if you are interested, as a PDF.

MSM, also called organic sulphur--but NOT the readily available tablets or capsules, has to be pure crystal form, as pure as possible. (I accidentally verified that for myself the hard way!)

There are a few brands of it on the market, and I'm trying to learn which of those are the most effective, but so far the most effective one I've used -- which is also the cheapest, conveniently -- is from www.msm-msm.com . But you could test it out any brand you find in the store, just make sure that it is nothing but the pure crystal (maybe powder is ok too?) MSM, 99.98% or something like that.

I wish I could still find a link to the article that originally intrigued me enough to try it, maybe 15 years ago now, but I can't find it online anymore. I just have the download of it that I made at the time, would be happy to send it if you want.

It explains how the author became interested in the substance, and how he came to find that the pure crystalline form has a much deeper and broader range of action than the tableted forms that have been more commonly used.

It talks about how so-called modern farming methods have been systematically depleting the farm soils of sulfur, such that pretty much all of us are sulfur deficient now.

Sulfur has a tremendous range a physiological effects, including detoxification, cell wall integrity and permeability, as well as being a significant part of the makeup of ligaments, collagen, skin, and tendons.

When I first started to use it, 15 years or so back, at first I thought it was the most horrible thing I've ever tasted, very bitter. But within about an instant I didn't care anymore what it tasted like, because my energy just lit up in response to it! I felt so much better, and also all of the supplements that I was taking the time I got more mileage out of, didn't need to take as much of them, and some didn't need to take at all anymore.

One of the observations that struck me the most though, is after about four months I realized that almost every scar had vanished, including some I'd had since childhood. And I used to have a lot of scars!

There were some other specific things too, but I don't remember it all now. After about a year of taking one teaspoon twice a day (swallowed and chased with water), I just felt like I didn't need it anymore and just kind of forgot about it for quite a few years. But because I'm basically a hoarder, I kept the last half bag of it and every now and then would think I wonder if I should try that again.

Then just a few months ago, after a very long period of very high stress and all sorts of other things, had just been feeling lousy and not sure what to do about it, looked at my half bag of sulfur crystals and thought why not try it again. And wow, it was like magic all over. For about the first 10 days, a teaspoon about every 4 hours, I think five doses each day, is what kept me feeling good. And then I didn't need it as often, and now I'm back down to a teaspoon once or twice a day, which I guess is where I'll hold for now.

It definitely isn't the answer to every problem, I'm still taking a few supplements (and no doubt should be on a remedy too!) but everything is just working so much better than it was.

And, I remember that connective tissue is part of what was specifically mentioned as being relevant to sulfur.

Msn-msn.com has it for I think $12 a pound, tho unfortunately they do charge shipping, so if you're only getting one pound at a time, the cost is pretty close to the same as what you'll get in a store, if you can find it.

Two caveats: when you are taking it, it's important to be drinking lots of water (I think the article says 8 to 10 glasses a day?), to help the detoxifying, and also I guess to help the sulfur move through the tissues.

And, it also uses vitamin C to do its work, so supplementing with at least a couple of grams a day vitamin C is also important. I get bruises or sore gums if I forget that part! Or if I don't take enough, which sometimes for me can be a little more than that. They especially recommend the Ester-C form, so that's what I've been doing.

I don't have anybody else's personal experience to compare with, but just the way it feels and acts to me, I think of it as an obstacle to cure, that we are all eating sulphur deficient food. (I'm sure same could be said about many other nutrients these days!)

Sooo.... I didn't mean to make this a dissertation, but I hope it's useful. If you do try it, do let me know so it goes!

And I'll read with interest for all the other suggestions, best of luck!

Shannon

Elizabeth Brandegee

Post by Elizabeth Brandegee »

Joe, can you link to which product you are referring to?
Elizabeth
I have use organotherapy Cartilage associated with Gemmotherapics with some success but ONLY if there is still cartilage present that can be regenerated.
Dr. Joe Rozencwajg, NMD.

www.naturamedica.co.nz

Ellen Madono

Post by Ellen Madono »

I have only fragments of cartilage left between my 4th and 5th vertebrate. I just kept going back to vigorous exercise, Aikido, each time my back would go out. Now, my back does not hurt at all. My inguinal crease and knees are the next joints that I am trying to recover. I have started doing Chen Taichi. It is a martial art, not just a dance. I can see where my awareness of my inguinal crease can increase with that practice.

Also, I wear heavy rubber bands on all of those joints. So far, nothing gets broken or hurts.. So, the Aikido keeps getting more and more vigorous, but the joints keep getting stronger. Key points for me seem to be having steady vigorous exercise not sitting around watching a teacher. If I cool off, I am less flexible. Everyone wants me to take off the rubber bands, but I am leaving them in place while I do this vigorous exercise. Body awareness and action seem important to me. When the Aikido gets to be too much, I will completely switch to Chen Taichi. Having friends to play with also is important. Just like a kid huh? Except for the rubber bands. I turned 71 in Feb.

Ellen Madono

Tanya Marquette

Post by Tanya Marquette »

Sounds like you are doing good Ellen. When there was still some cartilage left, moving, and low level laser worked

terrifically for pain relief and for healing. However, there is no cartilage left, only bone on bone. I agree with you

that sedentary life is an aggravation and I did too much of that in the past few years due to the extreme pain in the knees.

I am working on being more physically active now to strengthen the supporting soft structures but the damage that
exists will not heal. I remember about your rubber bands for support. I was given these huge braces for support due

to the heavier type exercise I do--gardening, and still some construction work, hauling firewood during heating season.

Unfortunately, I am the author of a lot of my situation and did not get any meaningful information from practitioners
I tried to consult. Some stretching was recommended but nothing that would actually heal the causative problem,

inflammation. There seems to be a chronic inflammatory condition that I am not besting despite my efforts.
t

Dr. Joe Rozencwajg, NMD

Post by Dr. Joe Rozencwajg, NMD »

....just saying... every TaiChi is a martial art, it depends how you practice it... and Chen can also be done as a "dance"...

Joe
Dr. Joe Rozencwajg, NMD.

www.naturamedica.co.nz

Healthseeker

Post by Healthseeker »

Tanya,
Have you looked into DMSO and/or MMS. My focus would be on "and" rather than "or", but if I had to choose only one of the two, for this application, I would go with the DMSO.
Suki
This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential information.

Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited by law. If you are not the intended

recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the

Hennie Duits

Post by Hennie Duits »

It is said that combining vitamine C and MSM stimulates the effect of
both (and vitamine C as such also works on cartilage).

Hennie

Op 9-3-2020 om 4:03 schreef Healthseeker:
--
Dit e-mailbericht is gecontroleerd op virussen met Avast antivirussoftware.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus

Return to “Minutus YahooGroup Archives”