(1) Oscillococcinum

Here you will find all the discussions from the time this group was hosted on YahooGroups and groups.io
You can browse through these topics and reply to them as needed.
It is not possible to start new topics in this forum. Please use the respective other forums most related to your topic.
Kristy Lampe

(1) Oscillococcinum

Post by Kristy Lampe »

OSCILLOCOCCINUM

https://www.natlawreview.com/article/ni ... u-symptoms (2018)
OSCILLOCOCCINUM

http://www.ritecare.com/homeopathic/gui ... lococcinum
Oscillococcinum is a 200c potency of an autolysate of Barbary duck heart and liver.

Double blind placebo controlled study in 1987 during a Flu outbreak:
Was given to those with rectal temperature of 38°C (100.4°F)or above, and at least two of the following symptoms: headache, stiffness, lumbar or articular pain and shivers.
The first manifestations had to have occurred less than 24 hours before the study.

After 48 hours, 17% of the active treatment group had fully recovered, compared to 10% of the placebo group. This difference was statistically significant (p=0.03, X2 test). Further analysis showed that the effect of Oscillococcinum peaked at 36 hours,
when 40% of recoveries were attributable to the treatment. It was most effective in younger patients - 68% of recoveries within 48 hours in the under-30’s were due to treatment; and when the illness was relatively mild - 52% of the recoveries from illnesses classified mild or moderate were due to treatment. Patients on active treatment used significantly less other treatment for pain and fever (50% v 41%, p=0.04), they also judged the active treatment more efficacious than placebo (61% v 49% p=0.02).

The Lancet commented favorably on the trial, remarking that the authors were restrained in their discussion, and describing the difference between placebo and active treatment as “respectable”. The Lancet’s report was “quadruple-blind” mentioning only at the very end that the treatment was homoeopathic.

Shannon Nelson

Re: (1) Oscillococcinum

Post by Shannon Nelson »

Kristy, thanks for sending this!

The first article is lovely to read; Boron got taken to court, and won—twice!

But the second link, for the study, isn’t working for me. My browser says that “ritecare.com ” is a domain name up for sale. Do you have another ink by any chance?

Thanks!
Shannon

Tanya Marquette

Post by Tanya Marquette »

same here--second link to Rite care will not locate anything on this remedy

t

Ellen Madono

Post by Ellen Madono »

I want to comment that the statistics results are much lower than test results when remedies are prescribed specifically for individuals who have the flu. Also, if the test participants had used homeopathy early in their disease process, they would have had better results. Do we have test results supporting those intuitively true statements? Usually, tests are run on combination remedies. I just did a little browsing below.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3576893/

The study only compares patient satisfaction comparing allopathy (AGP) and Homeopath (HGP).. The homeopathic remedy is given by a homeopath based on the symptoms of the individual. The hodgepodge of allopathy and homeopathy medicines is striking.
"This study examined the clinical management of ILI by AGPs and HGPs during the 2009–2010 influenza season in France. The results show that homeopathy is widely accepted in France for treating ILI and does not preclude the use of allopathic medications. However, patients are more satisfied with their treatment when prescribed exclusively homeopathic medicines, including Oscillococcinum. This difference could be the result of the lower risk and fewer side-effects associated with homeopathic treatments, compared to conventional care."
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4959794/

Another statistical study. A combination remedy is being used (Aconitum D3, Bryonia D2, Eupatorium perfoliatum D1, Gelsemium D3, Ipecacuanha D3, and Phosphorus D5) (IFC, Influcid) and compared to the standard treatment. In this case, the satisfaction rate is much better for the homeopathic remedy.
Very satisfied 96 (75) 34 (27) χ2 (binary)d

Kristy Lampe

Post by Kristy Lampe »

Unfortunately, a lot of my links are very, very old.
Try this link on Boiron’s website:
https://www.boironusahcp.com/clinical-s ... ococcinum/
Sent: Saturday, March 21, 2020 5:47 PM
To: minutus@yahoogroups.com ; Kristy
Subject: Re: [Minutus] (1) Oscillococcinum
Kristy, thanks for sending this!
The first article is lovely to read; Boron got taken to court, and won—twice!
But the second link, for the study, isn’t working for me. My browser says that “ritecare.com ” is a domain name up for sale. Do you have another ink by any chance?
Thanks!
Shannon
Virus-free. www.avg.com

Shannon Nelson

Post by Shannon Nelson »

Thanks, that one works!
Shannon
Virus-free. www.avg.com

Return to “Minutus YahooGroup Archives”