(1) Oscillococcinum and Nosodes; (2) Antidotes

Here you will find all the discussions from the time this group was hosted on YahooGroups and groups.io
You can browse through these topics and reply to them as needed.
It is not possible to start new topics in this forum. Please use the respective other forums most related to your topic.
Debra Lamana

(1) Oscillococcinum and Nosodes; (2) Antidotes

Post by Debra Lamana »

Hi Leilanae and All,
1. I am still surprised to have found out that Oscillococcinum is a nosode, and am grateful that Dr. Roz explained this.
There is no explanation on the packaging that the remedy is a nosode, other than the actual name of the source remedy, Anas Barbariae 200CK.

I just looked up the Influenzium remedy and found out that it too, is a nosode. To practitioners, this is not news.
As a novice, this is important learning.

Wouldn't we think that sellers of these products would need to disclose to the public, when remedies are actually
nosodes and are not a traditional type of single remedy because the reaction of the body to the remedy can
be more intense, as in what I experienced?

2. Re: Antidotes for Remedies
I often refer to the Boericke Materia Medica online and have found that near the end of the remedy description,
it has a category titled 'Relationships' and will list 'Antidotes'.
Can I take this to mean that the remedies listed can be used to antidote the given remedy?

Thanks.
Deb
An example: "Aconitum Napellus" is antidoted by: Acct., ac., Alcohol. Paris.
Dictionary of Practical Materia Medica by J.H. Clarke
Others may have suggestions on how to antidote? Dr. Roz............can you help with this???
Atb,
Leilanae

Dr. Joe Rozencwajg, NMD

Re: (1) Oscillococcinum and Nosodes; (2) Antidotes

Post by Dr. Joe Rozencwajg, NMD »

Actually, Oscillicoccinum is both a Nosode and a Sarcode: made from the liver and heart of a duck; those organs contained an "oscillating germ" (who knows what it was, bacteria, virus, treponema, parasite) that did not harm the ducks... and is probably present in many birds and fowls, hence the use of chicken soup as the "Jewish Penicillin" (even though we say that the noodle is the active ingredient, hahaha...).

In NZ we use the Influenzinum made from the 1918 influenza, still covers all the others and no need to scramble to try to make a new one every year.

Re antidotes: those are based on anecdotal happenings and cannot be used systematically for all situations. Moreover, how do you explain antidoting, if that thing really exists (IMO, no it does not, it is the creation of new symptoms, or the appearance of old ones that are unearthed by the remedy, another level/layer of pathology).
Dr. Joe Rozencwajg, NMD.
"The greatest enemy of any science is a closed mind"

www.naturamedica.co.nz

Hennie Duits

Post by Hennie Duits »

If anyone would be able to share some wise words on Oscillococcinum,
please do.

Hennie

Op 27-2-2020 om 2:59 schreef Debra Lamana debralamana@sbcglobal.net
[minutus]:

Hennie Duits

Post by Hennie Duits »

Ah, it seems my question was sort of answered before it appeared on the
list. But: sort of. Oscillococcinum still is a mistery to me.

Hennie

Op 27-2-2020 om 3:16 schreef Hennie Duits he.duits@kpnmail.nl [minutus]:

Debra Lamana

Post by Debra Lamana »

Hennie,
Dr. Roz just posted this explanation a few minutes ago - did you read this one?

"Actually, Oscillicoccinum is both a Nosode and a Sarcode: made from the liver and heart of a duck; those organs contained an "oscillating germ" (who knows what it was, bacteria, virus, treponema, parasite) that did not harm the ducks... and is probably present in many birds and fowls, hence the use of chicken soup as the "Jewish Penicillin" (even though we say that the noodle is the active ingredient, hahaha...)."

Deb
Ah, it seems my question was sort of answered before it appeared on the
list. But: sort of. Oscillococcinum still is a mistery to me.

Hennie

Op 27-2-2020 om 3:16 schreef Hennie Duits he.duits@kpnmail.nl [minutus]:

Debra Lamana

Post by Debra Lamana »

Thanks for the explanation about the Oscillo, Dr. Roz. I am not happy, shall we say, that Borion does not
disclose that this remedy is a nosode AND a sarcode, which should indicate that it is a remedy that 'should' be used under
careful guidance by a practitioner. It is sold OTC which means that many people using it likely do not even know much about
homeopathy, let alone the implications of dosing a nosode + sarcode.
Nothing you can do about that, just expressing frustration that these facts about the remedy should be disclosed on the package
with an explanation for buyers.

As for the 'antidotes' that are listed in the Boericke MM, thanks for explaining that they are anecdotal if effective at all.

Deb
Actually, Oscillicoccinum is both a Nosode and a Sarcode: made from the liver and heart of a duck; those organs contained an "oscillating germ" (who knows what it was, bacteria, virus, treponema, parasite) that did not harm the ducks... and is probably present in many birds and fowls, hence the use of chicken soup as the "Jewish Penicillin" (even though we say that the noodle is the active ingredient, hahaha...).

In NZ we use the Influenzinum made from the 1918 influenza, still covers all the others and no need to scramble to try to make a new one every year.

Re antidotes: those are based on anecdotal happenings and cannot be used systematically for all situations. Moreover, how do you explain antidoting, if that thing really exists (IMO, no it does not, it is the creation of new symptoms, or the appearance of old ones that are unearthed by the remedy, another level/layer of pathology).
Dr. Joe Rozencwajg, NMD."The greatest enemy of any science is a closed mind"www.naturamedica.co.nz

Dr. Joe Rozencwajg, NMD

I still have to hear or read about a bad reaction to Oscillococcinum.... I'd rather see people using that that getting the flu vaccine.
Dr. Joe Rozencwajg, NMD.

www.naturamedica.co.nz

Debra Lamana

Post by Debra Lamana »

Dr. Roz,
It seems that my 'bad' reaction last week was due to dosing the Oscillo (a nosode+sarcode) followed by dosing Influenzium 9C,
also a sarcode, based on the information that you recently explained.

If you have not read many cases of people having a bad reaction to Oscillo, I will share the one my husband and I
experienced dosing Oscillo for the flu about 2 years ago. Both of us dosed it for about 3-4 days having had the flu at
about the same time and both of us experienced a serious intensification of symptoms. I did not record exactly which
symptoms became more intense, however, it was sufficient for me to immediately return the product for a refund. (Very) sadly,
I forgot about this experience when I decided to dose Oscillo for the flu last week.

The concern that I addressed is about the need for proper disclosure about the form of the remedy (i.e., nosode+sarcode)
on the packaging of the Oscillococinum that is sold OTC at natural food markets such as Whole Foods and Sprouts Market.
The package should also suggest that the buyer consult a qualified practitioner for proper guidance. Deb
I still have to hear or read about a bad reaction to Oscillococcinum.... I'd rather see people using that that getting the flu vaccine.
Dr. Joe Rozencwajg, NMD."The greatest enemy of any science is a closed mind"www.naturamedica.co.nz

Dr. Joe Rozencwajg, NMD

I don't know about Oscillo being prepared anew every year....

Influenzinum was prepared, as far as I know, from the secretions of flu patients.
Dr. Joe Rozencwajg, NMD.

www.naturamedica.co.nz

Dr. Joe Rozencwajg, NMD

But did you take the Oscillo as prevention before you got sick or while you already had symptoms? As I wrote earlier on, if you did the latter, then you increased to load on your system and made things worse.

I am more worried about Paracetamol being OTC and cigarettes in groceries....
Dr. Joe Rozencwajg, NMD.

www.naturamedica.co.nz

Return to “Minutus YahooGroup Archives”