Gels: Herscu Flu Remedy Recommendation

Here you will find all the discussions from the time this group was hosted on YahooGroups and groups.io
You can browse through these topics and reply to them as needed.
It is not possible to start new topics in this forum. Please use the respective other forums most related to your topic.
Leilanae

Re: Gels: Herscu Flu Remedy Recommendation

Post by Leilanae »

Maybe the influenzium 9C was "same" rather than similar???
Atb,
Leilanae

Ellen Madono

Post by Ellen Madono »

No, I don't think thirst would rule out Gels. Every modality does not have to match.

This is what I am saying in my pamphlet

Primary symptoms which indicate that the remedy may help you: Having at least three of the following symptoms indicate that you should take Gels.

* Extreme fatigue.
* A low-grade fever (100-100.5 degrees F).
* A clear watery nasal discharge.
* A congestive headache in the forehead.

Although you will not have pneumonia, your muscles will feel too tired to move. A congestive headache in your forehead will make simple thinking difficult. Even your eyelids may feel too heavy to keep your eyes open. You probably will have other symptoms that I will list below. However, only the primary indications for taking the remedy listed above are important for you to trust that Gelsemium will help you to recover quickly.
I entered thirst and the remedy Gels into The Complete, a repertory by Roger van Zandervoort. I got an equal number of thirst and thirstless. Having both polarities suggests the thirst is important. But then, you would have to check the validity of each entry. A lot of work.
Polarity Analysis will not open at the moment. Sometimes they are working on the software and it does not work. Very rare. That's how I would normally quickly check it.

Anyway, when you have a very experienced prescriber like Paul Herscu reporting his experience, you don't worry about just everything in the repertory.

Also, the dryness of the mouth seems important. The drip is not a gush. In general, they are dry. Paul also says that I think. But the main identifying factor for selecting Gels is the effect on the motor nerves. They cannot move. You need to have that in the center of the case. This is also what is being reported in the news (very little reporting, unfortunately.)

Tell us how the patients does. You can also report it on Paul's site.

To cross-check, look up Gels in the pathological context of influenza. There are lots of sites on influenza. What do they say about Gels and thirst? Clinical reporting is very important here.

Ellen Madono

Dale Moss

Post by Dale Moss »

Hi, Ellen

Your distillation of Paul’s work looks as if it would be helpful to a lot of us. Would you mind posting your pamphlet when you finish it?

Peace,
Dale

Hennie Duits

Post by Hennie Duits »

Interesting read (not homeopathy):

https://tinyurl.com/thsvq74

Hennie

Op 26-2-2020 om 5:12 schreef Debra Lamana debralamana@sbcglobal.net
[minutus]:

Debra Lamana

Post by Debra Lamana »

Hi Leilanae,

Interesting thought, the Influenzium remedy that I dosed was from 2014, so could have been a same and not a similar.
Thanks for your reply. Deb
Atb,
Leilanae

Debra Lamana

Post by Debra Lamana »

Thanks very much, Ellen.
And some feedback for you after the fact, that may indicate that my case would indeed have been a good match for Gels after all.
A good match on the effect on motor pathways was significant, meaning that I had unusual stiffness in the back of the neck so that there was pain
(in the neck) just from blowing my nose, also, an ongoing case of sciatica became worse, and there is now stiffness in a ring finger
that I did not have before, it is very painful to bend (Arnica topically is helping but needs daily application).

I did not have the extreme fatigue, which is interesting, I would say it was moderate. As for the thirst aspect, I needed to drink cool water very often,
and it did not seem to quench the thirst. No appetite at all. But I made sure to eat home made chicken and veggie soup that was very soothing.
Fever was up and down, no more than about 100, but it fluctuated often. There was abundant (clear) mucus in the nasal passages and throat
which no doubt contributed to the coughing.
Headache consisted of pressure in temples and sinus areas also throbbing in back of head.
So, there was indeed enough of a match to have dosed Gels, now I understand.

When I read Herscu's caution to choose a remedy carefully and not change often, that is what led me to rule out Gels initially, thinking that the
lack of strong match on (absence of) thirst might not be a good fit. Another learning experience :) Deb
No, I don't think thirst would rule out Gels. Every modality does not have to match.

This is what I am saying in my pamphlet

Primary symptoms which indicate that the remedy may help you: Having at least three of the following symptoms indicate that you should take Gels.

* Extreme fatigue.
* A low-grade fever (100-100.5 degrees F).
* A clear watery nasal discharge.
* A congestive headache in the forehead.

Although you will not have pneumonia, your muscles will feel too tired to move. A congestive headache in your forehead will make simple thinking difficult. Even your eyelids may feel too heavy to keep your eyes open. You probably will have other symptoms that I will list below. However, only the primary indications for taking the remedy listed above are important for you to trust that Gelsemium will help you to recover quickly.
I entered thirst and the remedy Gels into The Complete, a repertory by Roger van Zandervoort. I got an equal number of thirst and thirstless. Having both polarities suggests the thirst is important. But then, you would have to check the validity of each entry. A lot of work.
Polarity Analysis will not open at the moment. Sometimes they are working on the software and it does not work. Very rare. That's how I would normally quickly check it.

Anyway, when you have a very experienced prescriber like Paul Herscu reporting his experience, you don't worry about just everything in the repertory.

Also, the dryness of the mouth seems important. The drip is not a gush. In general, they are dry. Paul also says that I think. But the main identifying factor for selecting Gels is the effect on the motor nerves. They cannot move. You need to have that in the center of the case. This is also what is being reported in the news (very little reporting, unfortunately.)

Tell us how the patients does. You can also report it on Paul's site.

To cross-check, look up Gels in the pathological context of influenza. There are lots of sites on influenza. What do they say about Gels and thirst? Clinical reporting is very important here.

Ellen Madono

Leilanae

Post by Leilanae »

An example: "Aconitum Napellus" is antidoted by: Acct., ac., Alcohol. Paris.
Dictionary of Practical Materia Medica by J.H. Clarke
Others may have suggestions on how to antidote? Dr. Roz............can you help with this???
Atb,
Leilanae

Ellen Madono

Post by Ellen Madono »

Interesting. That is why I am saying that actually doing cases is the most potent form of learning. Homeopathy is never so vivid as a real case. Watching yourself be sick becomes intensely interesting. I love being sick so much that I am thinking of doing provings of remedies.

Send your case to Paul Herscu. He might be able to add it to his data base.

Do you already feel well. If you had the coronavirus, you would not feel well now. It would take longer. At least that is the way I am reading Paul's description, but maybe I am wrong. If you really think you had the coronavirus, you should get rid of all symptoms.

My pamphlet will be ready soon.

Debra Lamana

Post by Debra Lamana »

Hi Ellen,
No, I am not yet well. Feeling a bit more like myself but still have the late night cough and for some reason insomnia,
so a bit bleary eyed and not feeling rested. Is Paul Herscu asking for write-ups of current flu cases in the USA?

Your pamphlet guidelines will be very beneficial to many - excellent work :) Deb
Interesting. That is why I am saying that actually doing cases is the most potent form of learning. Homeopathy is never so vivid as a real case. Watching yourself be sick becomes intensely interesting. I love being sick so much that I am thinking of doing provings of remedies.

Send your case to Paul Herscu. He might be able to add it to his data base.

Do you already feel well. If you had the coronavirus, you would not feel well now. It would take longer. At least that is the way I am reading Paul's description, but maybe I am wrong. If you really think you had the coronavirus, you should get rid of all symptoms.

My pamphlet will be ready soon.
Hi Leilanae,

Interesting thought, the Influenzium remedy that I dosed was from 2014, so could have been a same and not a similar.
Thanks for your reply. Deb

Atb,

Leilanae

Return to “Minutus YahooGroup Archives”