Gels: Herscu Flu Remedy Recommendation

Here you will find all the discussions from the time this group was hosted on YahooGroups and groups.io
You can browse through these topics and reply to them as needed.
It is not possible to start new topics in this forum. Please use the respective other forums most related to your topic.
Debra Lamana

Gels: Herscu Flu Remedy Recommendation

Post by Debra Lamana »

Last week our household had two members with upper respiratory illness (one flu, the other person a 'cold' only and did not develop flu symptoms). I reviewed Herscu's remedy recommendations and while Gels seemed to be a good match, I did rule it out because I kept coming across the rubric that Gels patients commonly do not complain of thirst, that lack of thirst even with fever is a key clue to Gels being a proper match.

If Gels appears to be a good match on other symptoms, i.e., "runny nose, mostly with a bland clear discharge, a great deal of frontal sinus pressure which leads to a congestive headache, extreme weakness, feeling wiped out, exhausted with some body aches. Low fever of 99-I00.5, along with an incessant cough. "

Question: If the patient experiences frequent thirst, would that really rule out Gels as a proper match? Thanks, Deb
The update is in the middle of the newsletter. You can see that Dr. Herscu has a long term focus on epidemic disease.
Still time to join NESH Course in Seattle, WA area

Click Here to View Full Newsletter as Webpage
‌ ‌ ‌

Less is More

An Occasional Newsletter from
The New England School
of Homeopathy

Herscu Epidemic Updates
PART #3: Coronavirus
NESH Website
Seminars: US and Abroad
Drs. Rothenberg & Herscu's Clinic

IMPROVE YOUR VISION OF HOMEOPATHY IN 2020 - STUDY WITH NESH
8 Weekend Course in Seattle, WA area:
Act Now - still time to join!
10 Weekend Course in Amherst, MA beginning October

Teaching the Art & Science of Homeopathy Since 1990
Looking forward to Weekend #2 in the Seattle, Washington area!

During our first of eight NESH Seattle Course weekends, Dr. Paul Herscu spoke broadly about epidemics and more specifically about the materia medica of Gelsemium (one of the genus epidemicus remedies needed for recent upper respiratory tract infections). He also touched on the 2019 Novel Coronavirus and will do the deep dive into the vast topic of epidemics during our Weekend #2. You can still join us if you like - see below!

Historically, Dr. Herscu sends epidemic updates when he feels the situation warrants it, often with his insights on the current homeopathic genus epidemicus and with public health recommendations. We are including his third update for the Coronavirus below in this issue of Less is More.

Needless to say, as during any epidemic, take the antiviral herbs/vitamins that you know about, keep your diet clean, insure adequate sleep and if you do fall ill, make sure that someone is attending to you so that you have proper care.

With love & light, Amy (and Paul)
‌ ‌ ‌ ‌
Epidemic Updates from Paul Herscu ND, MPH
February 19, 2020: Update Part #3
2019 Novel Coronavirus
2019-nCoV (first named);
COVID-2019 (later-named disease);
SARS-CoV-2 (final name of the virus causing COVID-2019):

In writing about epidemics over the past 3 decades, my first goal has been to create information scaffolding for readers so that you have sound context to receive and understand the bombardment of information about any epidemic. If you want a broad and deep understanding of the concept of epidemics, which I strongly suggest, take some time to review the highlights here .(https://paulherscuepidemics.blogspot.co ... cs-by.html )
This is the third piece of writing on this current epidemic. Please read Part 1 (https://paulherscuepidemics.blogspot.co ... -ncov.html ) and Part 2 (https://paulherscuepidemics.blogspot.co ... rt-ii.html ).

Comments I shared here over the past weeks remain true and are seen in writings coming from across the globe. I want to focus on why this is of outmost importance to you!

Official Numbers: First, I applaud the Chinese government’s response to pressure to recalculate and reclassify patients to share data that is closer to what is likely the truth of the matter related to incidence of cases. As I mentioned last time, learning the true numbers out of China is always tricky. That said, the number of cases are clearly growing, as Chinese official numbers are approximately 70,000 cases, as we read, with at least 1,800 deaths. These are close to the numbers I mentioned before, 75,000. I still have real questions around this number, but let me pass on that for a moment. And to the more official numbers from the WHO as of today, inside China we hear 74,280 infected, with 2,006 deaths, or a mortality rate of 2.7%.. If this were the case, that would be really bad for all of us. However, I think this number is still really wrong, maybe by as much as eight to ten times. From the WHO, as of today, there are 924 confirmed cases in 25 countries outside of China, with 3 deaths, or 0.32% mortality rate. Please note that what I mentioned 2 weeks ago was a 0.3% fatality rate, which is what we have now outside of China. A bad number for sure, but MUCH less severe case fatality ratio than a horrific epidemic would have. I think the case fatality number will settle around 0.2% to 0.5%, again much less than what China is reporting.

Click here to read the full posting ! (http://paulherscuepidemics.blogspot.com ... rt_20.html)

We have setup a blog for the sole purpose of hosting these epidemic updates. On this site, you'll find archive links to the timely updates sent out since 2001; from the Anthrax Scare, to the Swine Flu, the tainted dog food issue, the issues surround radiation after the Japanese earthquake, the Ebola outbreak, and all the various other seasonal epidemics in between.

You can receive these updates directly via our Constant Contact e-newsletter, "join our mailing list" using link at bottom. If you want to read more about treatment during epidemics, re-read Herscu Letters #33-38 or you can order them here . We will also continue to post links to new updates on our NESH Facebook page , so join us there if you haven't already.

Interested in furthering your understanding of homeopathy or improving your clinical skills?
 Read what alum say about this course
Develop Expertise in Homeopathy
NESH 8 Weekend Course in
Seattle, Washington area
January 2020 through May 2021
Friday night, Saturday, & Sunday every other month
Ask us about CEU's for this course!
Bastyr and NUNM ND students receive preceptor credit

Contact us for more details!

There is still time to join us in Seattle!

We accept new students into the course up to Weekend #2 (March 6).
Our students left Weekend #1 energized and looking forward to more.
Click on video links above to hear:
* 2 Bastyr Clinicians emphasize why you need to study with NESH
* Other NESH students talk about the course and their experiences so far

30th Anniversary Seminar & Party:
July 9-12, 2020 in Munich Germany
Open to NESH Alumni & Current Students
(or by special invitation):

Have you studied with NESH and Drs. Herscu & Rothenberg in the last 30 years, anywhere in the world? If so, join us in Germany to celebrate with a special 4 day conference entitled Improving Patient Outcomes.

For more details and to register click here

If you have not yet studied with us, consider registering for
Dr. Herscu's March seminar in England and then
join the party in July!

March 21-22, 2020: Dr. Paul Herscu will teach in West Yorkshire, England
Topic: The Homeopathic Treatment of Adolescents

During this seminar he will demonstrate how classical homeopathy can effectively help adolescents with the many challenges they face in modern society, whether those challenges may be mental, emotional or physical. He will show live and video cases as well as share the special techniques, insights and new materia medica he has developed over more than 30 years of practicing and teaching classical homeopathy.

Click here for our Full Domestic and International Teaching Schedule
NESH Alumni SPOTLIGHT :
Our Recent Featured NESH Alumni
We are delighted to highlight the work and other passions of our wonderful NESH alumni - including our first & only father / daughter duo! We are thrilled to have been part of their education and training. Our goal is to keep creating and supporting members of our NESH family and to generate ongoing opportunities and exposure for the people whose work we admire. Enjoy!

Read More about Kamau Kokayi MD

NESH ALUMNI, SAVE THE DATES:

East Coast Clinical Classes
Amherst, Massachusetts
For NESH Alum Near & Far - The Learning Goes On!

Meet and find support & friendship
with other Cycle & Segmentarians

May 29-31, 2020
November 13-15, 2020
April 23-25, 2021

Read what our alum have to say about these advanced clinical classes .
For logistical information on our clinical classes, click here .

Our satellite office of Naturopathic Health Care is open at 369 Pleasant Street in downtown Northampton, MA. Patients are welcome to continue working with us at our Enfield, CT office where we’ve been since 1986! We are thrilled to finally offer natural, integrative medicine to patients in the Pioneer Valley.

Drs. Rothenberg & Herscu accept new patients in person and via Telemedicine Services.
www.nhcmed.com
To schedule an appointment: call 1.860.763.1225
If you received this Newsletter from a friend and
you'd like to receive the next issue directly ...
Join our Mailing List
Had enough? No hard feelings, just hit "Unsubscribe" below.

PS. Our 2020 calendar, this year featuring Paul's artwork reflecting a pastoral scene in our neighborhood, is now ready.

We enjoy making & sharing these, so if you'd like a hard copy of the calendar printed at your local copy store, get a few & share with friends. For those in class in the coming months we'll have some for the takin'!

Please click here to download
New England School of Homeopathy | 356 Middle Street, Amherst, MA 01002
Unsubscribe ellen.madono@gmail.com
Update Profile | About Constant Contact
Sent by nesh@nesh.com in collaboration with

Try email marketing for free today!

Dr. Joe Rozencwajg, NMD

Re: Gels: Herscu Flu Remedy Recommendation

Post by Dr. Joe Rozencwajg, NMD »

I would not rule it out. You work with what is present not with what is missing. Unless of course if you find a remedy with all the major symptoms but with thirst....and a very minor symptom of Gelsemium missing; then you need either a concomitant, or a good other modality,... or just try it and see what happens. What do you have to lose?
Dr. Joe Rozencwajg, NMD.
"The greatest enemy of any science is a closed mind"

www.naturamedica.co.nz

Debra Lamana

Post by Debra Lamana »

Ok, makes sense. Thanks, Dr. Roz. I was the person with the flu in our household and not surprisingly having
fever and pounding headache at the time, it was not conducive to good decision making.
I did learn a very powerful lesson (yet once again) about not changing remedies too soon
as I caused myself a rather unpleasant aggravation by doing so. And, I survived :) Deb
I would not rule it out. You work with what is present not with what is missing. Unless of course if you find a remedy with all the major symptoms but with thirst....and a very minor symptom of Gelsemium missing; then you need either a concomitant, or a good other modality,... or just try it and see what happens. What do you have to lose?
Dr. Joe Rozencwajg, NMD."The greatest enemy of any science is a closed mind"www.naturamedica.co.nz

Debra Lamana

Post by Debra Lamana »

Dr. Roz,
Novice type errors :) When flu symptoms (pounding headache, low grade fever, body aches) first started, I had a three doses
of Oscillococcinum (200c) from last year on hand and took those which provided moderate relief.
When I ran out, I remembered that I had a tube of Influenzium 9c on hand
and began dosing that, and this is what I must assume led to the aggravation . . . changing remedy too soon? and or by going
from a remedy at 200c to a 9c?
The headache worsened, body aches worsened and despite being exhausted, I could not fall asleep that night.
At about 3 a.m., I took some Bach Rescue Remedy drops to try to antidote the aggravation and this did seem to help.

Today is Day 8 of the flu and I am left with a barking cough that is worse at night and has resulted in having to sleep upright
in a chair for the past two nights as I cough incessantly when I lie down. Any insight, much appreciated.. Thanks, Deb
Just out of curiosity, what did you do?

Next time, use the group or one of us, that is why we are here...

Joe.

Dr. Joe Rozencwajg, NMD."The greatest enemy of any science is a closed mind"www.naturamedica.co.nz

Dr. Joe Rozencwajg, NMD

IMO, nothing to do with changing the potency (you know my bias there...) especially with 2 different remedies.

The problem I see is that you used a prophylactic nosode when the disease was already established; this way you introduced more information similar or identical to the symptoms you already presented, using the same "channel" ( a nosode and not a remedy based on similarity and proving), therefore your symptoms worsened synergistically; in other words, you poured petrol on the fire.

I used this:

cough; BARKING (91)
cough; BARKING; night (12)
cough; LYING; agg. (202)
cough; LYING; agg.; bed, in (91)
cough; SIT up, must (73)
Two remedies cover everything: coccus cacti and nitric acid; see which one fits best but I would bet on coccus.

Let us know.
Dr. Joe Rozencwajg, NMD.

www.naturamedica.co.nz

Dr. Joe Rozencwajg, NMD

Just out of curiosity, what did you do?

Next time, use the group or one of us, that is why we are here...

Joe.
Dr. Joe Rozencwajg, NMD.

www.naturamedica.co.nz

Debra Lamana

Post by Debra Lamana »

Dr. Roz,
I understand what you are explaining and that makes sense because the increase in symptoms was significant.
So, the real error is that the Oscillococcinum was not a Simillium, but a prophylactic nosode, (which
I did not know about that remedy). I see then that this fueled symptoms which seemed like an 'aggravation' to me,
but technically, was not.

Thanks very much for the remedy recommendations, will follow-up to see which one fits best. There are (many)
times when it is best as a novice, not to try to be your own homeopath. Deb
IMO, nothing to do with changing the potency (you know my bias there...) especially with 2 different remedies.

The problem I see is that you used a prophylactic nosode when the disease was already established; this way you introduced more information similar or identical to the symptoms you already presented, using the same "channel" ( a nosode and not a remedy based on similarity and proving), therefore your symptoms worsened synergistically; in other words, you poured petrol on the fire.

I used this:

cough; BARKING (91)
cough; BARKING; night (12)
cough; LYING; agg. (202)
cough; LYING; agg.; bed, in (91)
cough; SIT up, must (73)
Two remedies cover everything: coccus cacti and nitric acid; see which one fits best but I would bet on coccus.

Let us know.

Jean Doherty

Post by Jean Doherty »

Is it true one does not take the virus nosode when suffering from the virus ?
Cough within three words of sitting upright (7): 3Nat-c., 2euphr., 2nat-m., acon., ant-t., bry., chin.
All above except Aconite better sitting upright .
Hope better soon, Jean

Debra Lamana

Post by Debra Lamana »

Thank you, Jean.

Hopefully Dr. Roz or someone here will be able to post a reply to your question. Deb
Is it true one does not take the virus nosode when suffering from the virus ?

Cough within three words of sitting upright (7): 3Nat-c., 2euphr., 2nat-m., acon., ant-t., bry., chin.
All above except Aconite better sitting upright .
Hope better soon, Jean

Dr. Joe Rozencwajg, NMD

AS far as I am concerned, yes, from experience.
Dr. Joe Rozencwajg, NMD.

www.naturamedica.co.nz

Return to “Minutus YahooGroup Archives”