Moving archives to another site +

In this forum, we have placed all the messages related to migrating the YahooGroup to this Forum so you can see what happened. These messages have been moved here from the YahooGroups Archive. The forum has been locked, no new posts allowed.
Debra Lamana

Moving archives to another site +

Post by Debra Lamana »

Very wise not to click or give password to something that could be phishing bait.

If the group chooses to move to Groups.io, 'Barbel' I believe, posted that she started a Minutus group there - has anyone joined to check it out? It seems that the move to a new site will need to be taken on completely by members.
Hennie and a few people here have written to say that they were able to download the complete message archives, not sure if the file can just be uploaded to Groups.IO? Does anyone know?

Barbel, Hennie. . . if you are reading, can you let the group know if the message archives can be sent via an email file to be uploaded or how this would need to be done?

To be very honest, I would have been much happier about a move to BIH, seeing it as safer in the long run, however, it seems that I was the minority opinion on this. Deb
Thanx Debra

It is very frustrating and disappointing as we have been going round on this issue for several weeks trying to gain
focus on a solution. Bob's post was interesting but have no idea how to access Yahoo as they will not accept my information
and keep wanting me to sign up for paid services of some sort.

t

Victoria M-Sky
about.me/VictoriaM

Victoria M-Sky
about.me/VictoriaM

Barbara Stephenson

Re: Moving archives to another site +

Post by Barbara Stephenson »

I have the yahoo download and the PG Offline content of the group (apart from the messages from last week).
There is no way the messages can be uploaded as is to io. I don’t know if there is a way to upload the yahoo download in a way it is accessible. I know Mark offered it at some point, but he doesn’t take any more requests and is now on a well deserved vacation for the next 3 weeks.

PG Offline 2 has just come out, it comes at a price. To buy a license and upload almost 110.000 Minutus messages into a subgroup (so it would be separate to posts to the io group) would cost 150 Dollars.

I do not know if BIH has a way to use either the yahoo or PG offline downloads and make it accessible on their website. I do not know enough about building websites. But I certainly would be happy to pass on my downloads for further use.
I understand that the yahoo download can be accessed with Thunderbird. However, I have not tried that out. The PG offline download does have the messages.
The yahoo download is a 223 MB zip. The files are in .mbox format. I do not know if I have the messages complete.
The PG Offline download is a .db3 file 689 Mb.

By the way, I have a very short questionnaire for the io group, which needs to be returned before I approve new members. It is just to say that it is a discussion group and not a group to ask for help for themselves and ask why they want to join (one brief sentence is enough).

Barbara

Victoria M-Sky
about.me/VictoriaM

Victoria M-Sky
about.me/VictoriaM

Tanya Marquette

Re: Moving archives to another site +

Post by Tanya Marquette »

From another group/post, Io is no longer letting groups upload all their files. There seemed to be

a window of opportunity that we missed. So now, my concerns may be realized that we will lose most of

our members here is everyone needs to personally sign up on Io. Would much prefer to be wrong.

t

Victoria M-Sky
about.me/VictoriaM

Victoria M-Sky
about.me/VictoriaM

Return to “Migration Archive”