Eff.org on Privacy

In this forum, we have placed all the messages related to migrating the YahooGroup to this Forum so you can see what happened. These messages have been moved here from the YahooGroups Archive. The forum has been locked, no new posts allowed.
Shannon Nelson

Re: Eff.org on Privacy

Post by Shannon Nelson »

Joe,

What do you mea by “simply using any system to continue…”?
Do you mean don’t worry about being data-mined (personally I’m resigned), or something different?
We can simply continue here (Yahoogroups) for that matter, sans archives…

Shannon

Dr. Joe Rozencwajg, NMD

Post by Dr. Joe Rozencwajg, NMD »

Well, an open discussion list is by definition...open...to anyone; always has been. So what is the new fuss? More intensive scrutiny? What difference will that make?
Dr. Joe Rozencwajg, NMD.
"The greatest enemy of any science is a closed mind"

www.naturamedica.co.nz

Soroush Ebrahimi

Post by Soroush Ebrahimi »

YES!!

Soroush
From: minutus@yahoogroups.com [mailto:minutus@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: 27 November 2019 22:53
To: minutus@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Minutus] Eff.org on Privacy
Pardon my naivety, but wouldn't it be safer and simpler if one or more members with some time and especially skills would collate all the emails exchanged, store the archives and be done with that, simply using any system to continue email conversations?

Dr. Joe Rozencwajg, NMD.
"The greatest enemy of any science is a closed mind"
www.naturamedica.co.nz

Tanya Marquette

Post by Tanya Marquette »

I do that, too, with posts that seem special to me but not all. Many posts are important to me but I

count on accessing the group files to access them. We did this as a group question about some of Irene's

work after she passed. Irene was a prolific writer at times so there were many messages from her with links embedded as I recall
t

Ellen Madono

Post by Ellen Madono »

Instinctively, I have never trusted mass files. I am just not that good at searching. In turn, I have often benefited from others who have also saved files that have helped me. I am much more aware of the files that I have personally chosen as important to me.

Vicki Satta

Post by Vicki Satta »

Thank you. Please send me the information... I have 2 very old VINTAGE Macs and I don't think I have room for a large file like that might be... but I could send information not in an email format to my Apple iCloud.

Thank you for doing the research.

Vicki

Return to “Migration Archive”