Saving Archives: info requested

In this forum, we have placed all the messages related to migrating the YahooGroup to this Forum so you can see what happened. These messages have been moved here from the YahooGroups Archive. The forum has been locked, no new posts allowed.
Debra Lamana

Re: Saving Archives: info requested

Post by Debra Lamana »

Hi Leilanae,
Agreed, these important conversations are abundant in the archives. I just sent a reply to Ellen that I will repeat here -- it seems highly risky to move the archived messages to groups that have a known history of censorship or are linked to big tech companies that are censoring what are seen as non mainstream views.
It seems to be worth considering and researching moving the archives at least, to another established homeopathy group for safekeeping. I am not subscribed to other groups for practitioners and will defer to those here who may be able to suggest possibilities. Deb

Debra Lamana

Post by Debra Lamana »

What about partnering with BIH? Aren't many here alumni of BIH? There is the USA partner in New Jersey. Also, I've read mention of a Hahnemannian group . . . or even a national group for homeopathy or another international homeopathy group might be interested in partnering and hosting the archives? Brainstorming at this stage most welcome. Deb

Bob Needham

Post by Bob Needham »

That's something worth exploring Deb. At least we'd be dealing with a trusted known entity. bob

Vicki Satta

Post by Vicki Satta »

ISRAEL....!!! Do they use English? Do they track and allow Google to track?

I know people said they are academic.... good! Why not? BTW, what happened to the guy who was going to steal the list? Hope is is gone forever!
VICKI (Who has at least ONE working email account after a very messy absence.

Leilanae

Post by Leilanae »

Hi Deb,

There are options................ a program mentioned on another list that will download the archives directly to your computer. If I remember correctly it was about $30US.

Atb,

Leilanae

Tanya Marquette

Post by Tanya Marquette »

Isreal is one of the biggest surveillance promoters. I would strongly object

t

Maria Bohle

Post by Maria Bohle »

BIH would be interested. Let me know what would be required. Maria

Shannon Nelson

Post by Shannon Nelson »

British Institute of Homeopathy, one of the old and well-established training programs. Maria has been its (?)director? for some years.

Leilanae

Post by Leilanae »

Maria owns the business.
Atb,

Leilanae

Debra Lamana

Post by Debra Lamana »

And, thank you Maria, for posting a reply saying that BIH would be interested in partnering with Minutus. In all honesty, there is no consensus yet among members with regard to a move to any particular new site.
Perhaps there can be a conversation here about what a partnership with BIH would look like?

While I am not a software tech person in terms of detailing all that is needed for a move to BIH (or any other site), there would need to be storage for the message archives and access for continuing subscribers. Are these possible?

The challenge as you may have noticed, is trying to come to a consensus about where to relocate the group and the archives.

Soroush, would you like to comment about this? Thanks, Deb

Return to “Migration Archive”