Group Update?

In this forum, we have placed all the messages related to migrating the YahooGroup to this Forum so you can see what happened. These messages have been moved here from the YahooGroups Archive. The forum has been locked, no new posts allowed.
Leilanae

Re: Group Update?

Post by Leilanae »

Hi Tanya, I agree. In the mean time I think we can keep going as a group email list? Mercury is direct now, so things should start going forward.
Atb.

Leilanae

Tanya Marquette

Post by Tanya Marquette »

The big concern is losing all our files & history.

I have one group that opted for Io. They were willing to pay the transfer of files fee and did it with paypal.

There is something off putting about having to pay to save our files.
t

Soroush Ebrahimi

Post by Soroush Ebrahimi »

Thank you for your kind remarks.

There is another problem in that because last week the government of Iran increased petrol prices by 300%, there have been major disturbances and many killed and injured.

As a result the internet system has been cut off and so contact is not so easy.
I will inform this superb group as soon as I have more information.
==

As far as taking over the control of Minutus, my controls are extremely limited. If Ardavan releases them to me, that would be another issue.

I am thinking about it and if anyone can suggest how we can set up another group and move the details across, let us do it.
Regards

Soroush
From: minutus@yahoogroups.com [mailto:minutus@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: 19 November 2019 11:58
To: minutus@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Minutus] Group Update?
Soroush

Thanx for your efforts to contact Ardavan. This is very worrying in more than one way.

Please keep trying as it seems you are the only connection we have with him.

t

Tanya Marquette

Post by Tanya Marquette »

As typical, the US is not broadcasting much of what is going on in Iran. Even the independent press is not saying

anything about disruptions in that country.

My question about Minutus is how do we move all the files. Does the Admin have to do it? Or can anyone have

them copied to another group? I will ask this other group which just did that and see if they know.

t

Sherill

Post by Sherill »

For the short term, Soroush, how about creating a new group that we know would be email only. Call it Minutus II and keep communications active. Thos of us who are interested can transfer to that new or temporary group. THANK you for the work and the emotional burden you are carrying for us.
Sent: Thursday, November 21, 2019 3:23 AM
Subject: RE: [Minutus] Group Update?
Thank you for your kind remarks.

There is another problem in that because last week the government of Iran increased petrol prices by 300%, there have been major disturbances and many killed and injured.

As a result the internet system has been cut off and so contact is not so easy.
I will inform this superb group as soon as I have more information.
==

As far as taking over the control of Minutus, my controls are extremely limited. If Ardavan releases them to me, that would be another issue.

I am thinking about it and if anyone can suggest how we can set up another group and move the details across, let us do it.
Regards

Soroush
Sent: 19 November 2019 11:58
Subject: Re: [Minutus] Group Update?
Soroush

Thanx for your efforts to contact Ardavan. This is very worrying in more than one way.

Please keep trying as it seems you are the only connection we have with him.

t

Shannon Nelson

Post by Shannon Nelson »

Sherill — but apparently the email-only part of this group will continue; the issue is what to do about the archives.

Thinking about that… We have so far had (if I’m remembering right) at least two offers for ways we could do it, and places where they can go, namely WordPress and Io. Also at least several people have already downloaded the files from YahooGroups, so perhaps uploading them elsewhere would be do-able?

I’ve been thinking about the concerns re possibly private/personal information that (some fear) might be contained in the archives, but I don’t understand how that is an issue (am very open to discussion on this point!), given that Minutus is and has always been a public group; anyone can join.

And we have always been aware (at least I assume all have) of confidentiality needs; getting a patient’s permission before posting a case, and leaving out or altering potentially identifying information. And those of us who have occasionally posted about our own situations presumably have done so with awareness that it has roughly the same level of privacy as a public bulletin board, and not posted any truly sensitive information.

On the other hand, there is a LOT in those files that was and is very expressly desired to be available to anyone who can use it; Ardavan’s quizzes; Irene’s ICT sketches; so many wonderful and useful posts!

Given all of this, I am baffled about why either WordPress or Io wouldn’t be a really fine solution, even if only (for now) as an archive repository?

Shannon

Ellen Madono

Post by Ellen Madono »

Soroush, contact Nader Morali. He will know what is happening.
Ellen

Return to “Migration Archive”