Moving group to new site

In this forum, we have placed all the messages related to migrating the YahooGroup to this Forum so you can see what happened. These messages have been moved here from the YahooGroups Archive. The forum has been locked, no new posts allowed.
Debra Lamana

Moving group to new site

Post by Debra Lamana »

Agreed, and it seems very wise to be careful about who we give messages with non-mainstream conversations to. There are abundant credible articles reporting that Big Tech is not pro free speech, they are the ones censoring non mainstream views.
The concern is that they can at some point delete content that they feel is not consistent with mainstream views and or their policies. And, they will have on record every one of us who has written such non mainstream views. Do you agree with this concern?

I suspect that this group has not heard back from BIH/Maria with more info because there has been no agreement about a move.

And, this group does need details about what a move to BIH could look like in terms of access to the archives and the ability to continue discussions -- would Minutus have a separate messages component at the BIH site or will it be added to BIH message archives?
Maria, can you please comment? Thanks, Deb
Me, too. That is why we need to choose a group to upload the files and have it done by some

organization that knows how to do it so all our emails are able to be opened by everyone.

t

Tanya Marquette

Re: Moving group to new site

Post by Tanya Marquette »

Yes, Debra

I have voiced all your concerns more than once here. However, we have virtually no time left

and Io seems to be the only group that available to us that might work somewhat. I am almost of the

mind to move us there while we look for a better option that we can control and prevent censuring.

I think we are at the point where we must immediately do something.

t

Shannon Nelson

Post by Shannon Nelson »

Tanya, I agree! I think that moving it there while we continue looking would be WAY better than losing it!
I’m not able to do the work, but if needed I will pay the fee for the move, and gratefully.

Shannon

Debra Lamana

Post by Debra Lamana »

Would you be willing to have BIH/Maria update the group about what a move there could look like, first? I can post a message addressed to her requesting details.
BTW, I am (unfortunately) not a BIH alum, just for the record.

Yahoo Groups already has every post where members have written what are seen to be non mainstream viewpoints, homeopathy, v@x issues, etc.
Does this group want to give more (published) history of our views to another Big Tech corporation, Groups.io? Deb
Yes, Debra

I have voiced all your concerns more than once here. However, we have virtually no time left

and Io seems to be the only group that available to us that might work somewhat. I am almost of the

mind to move us there while we look for a better option that we can control and prevent censuring.

I think we are at the point where we must immediately do something.

t

Tanya Marquette

Post by Tanya Marquette »

DebrA--

That would be fine except for the time available. I think we have 1 scant week left before loosing all the files/messages.

BIH/Maria would need to respond within a day at the most I think. That may not be realistic now.

t

Debra Lamana

Post by Debra Lamana »

If Maria is able to provide details about the possibility of a partnership with BIH 'soon', at least there will be one other choice to consider.

If the group decides to move to Groups.io, I will not continue to suggest other options. I think I've explained the reasonable concerns. Best wises to all,
Deb
DebrA--

That would be fine except for the time available. I think we have 1 scant week left before loosing all the files/messages.

BIH/Maria would need to respond within a day at the most I think. That may not be realistic now.

t

Return to “Migration Archive”