new io group

In this forum, we have placed all the messages related to migrating the YahooGroup to this Forum so you can see what happened. These messages have been moved here from the YahooGroups Archive. The forum has been locked, no new posts allowed.
Leilanae

Re: new io group

Post by Leilanae »

Hi Tanya,

Have you determined why she is trying to "take" Ardavans list? She's already made a "place" for it in her name.

How long has she been on this list?
Atb,

Leilanae

Vicki Satta

Post by Vicki Satta »

I would never intend to diminish anybody.
But it is not up to me to look at other platform suggestions/do anything at all regarding the future of this group. I saw urgency in doing something and did the one thing I am comfortable with, know and have plenty experience, both as a group owner and members of other groups.
Nobody has to follow there, they may if they wish, but they are not forced to.
Barbara

Hennie Duits

Post by Hennie Duits »

I tried to find connections between Google and Groups.io and I failed.
How are they connected, please?

Hennie

Op 26-10-2019 om 11:20 schreef Tanya Marquette tamarque@earthlink.net
[minutus]:
--
Dit e-mailbericht is gecontroleerd op virussen met Avast antivirussoftware.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus

anthony

Post by anthony »

I signed on over there. Just an FYI - Groups.io seems to have the only easy way to transfer a yahoo group archives. it does require a premium membership for 1 year, which is $220.
Anthony

anthony

Post by anthony »

Groups.io was started and is still run by the man (Mark Fletcher) who created eGroups - which Yahoo bought and made into Yahoo Groups years ago. Being committed to connecting groups, and seeing how Yahoo Groups was being neglected, he launched this new service 5 years ago. It is actively maintained, and has handled the onslaught of new groups since Yahoo's announcement. The majority of Yahoo Groups have wound up at Groups.io, and the service has not faltered. This also seems to be the only option that will export and move messages/files/members. It does it with their premium plan of $220. Supposedly you can drop to the free plan for future years.

FYI - I knew nothing about this other company before Yahoo's announcement caused me to look at alternatives for another group I ran at Yahoo.

Anthony

Return to “Migration Archive”