new io group

In this forum, we have placed all the messages related to migrating the YahooGroup to this Forum so you can see what happened. These messages have been moved here from the YahooGroups Archive. The forum has been locked, no new posts allowed.
Barbara Stephenson

new io group

Post by Barbara Stephenson »

While the discussions in this group go on about the future, I have started a group named Minutus on io groups https://groups.io/g/Minutus and it has just been approved.
I have no intentions to cause problems and if the way forward will be io groups, I am very happy to pass the ownership of the group to somebody else. I have moved my own groups to io in April last year when it was obvious to me that there is no future with yahoo groups and have moved 2 groups for a friend as well.
The group is open if anybody wants to use it. I have set it that new members have to be approved after replying back to say why they want to join.
Barbara

Leilanae

Re: new io group

Post by Leilanae »

I noticed this Io group asks for a photo and mentions links with Facebook and google. What is this all about?

Leilanae

Barbara Stephenson

More and more websites you have to sign in to your account give you the opportunity to sign in with your facebook or google account instead of with email and password you signed up to it initially - to make it easier. It does not mean that they are connected.

No photo is needed for io groups, no facebook or google account.

Barbara
Sent from my iPad

Tanya Marquette

Post by Tanya Marquette »

I keep saying Io is not what we want. It is another Google venture being set up for profit and surveillance.

Please do not even think about it.

t

Tanya Marquette

The problem is that they are connected. Io is not independent of Google and its surveillance and mind control goals.

I know that sounds conspiratorial but it whether you like it or not, it is just that--the efforts to control what we see and think.

When it comes to free thinking and expression they are shutting such freedoms down by controlling what can be said and

who is saying it. Why would we want to willingly walk into that oven!

t

Barbara Stephenson

May I suggest to you that you build something on your preferred platform and present it to the members here?
I have just had another read of the Yahoo announcement.
On the top of the group homepage it says:
Attention: Starting December 14, 2019 Yahoo Groups will no longer host user created content on its sites. New content can no longer be uploaded after October 28, 2019. Sending/Receiving email functionality is not going away, you can continue to communicate via any email client with your group members
If you click on "Learn more" it says:
What will happen on October 28?
On October 28, you will no longer be able to upload any content to the site. To share info with members of your groups, you'll continue to be able to do so via email.
My understanding of this is that in 2 days new postings to the group will not go into "Conversations", but be just an email. If correct, only people on "individual email" will get anything, all on digest will not get anything. There will be no access to new postings on the group homepage.
This is why under the impression of the urgency I opened the group with io groups. It does not mean that this group has to move to io groups. I just wanted to create a place where people could stay in touch until such a time that a decision about the future of the group and its members can be made.
Don't forget, that with not more precise information from yahoo it is anybody's guess what will happen and in what timeframe until December 14 and of course the owner could close this group at any time without asking anybody.
Barbara

Tanya Marquette

Barb--I find you 'suggestion' to be akin to what ad hominems try to do--shut down or diminish another person.

There have been several other platform suggestions presented that you should look at and do so from a political

perspective instead of simply a push the panic button place.
Io is a Google manipulation. It is part of the effort to get people to pay for what was promised to us as a free service.

It is also an attempt to get people to submit themselves voluntarily to censureship and surveillance, 2 things generally

done under cover by these big corporations. So please take in the reality of what is happening and do not promote

solutions just because they seem easy at the moment.

t
May I suggest to you that you build something on your preferred platform and present it to the members here?
I have just had another read of the Yahoo announcement.
On the top of the group homepage it says:
Attention: Starting December 14, 2019 Yahoo Groups will no longer host user created content on its sites. New content can no longer be uploaded after October 28, 2019. Sending/Receiving email functionality is not going away, you can continue to communicate via any email client with your group members
If you click on "Learn more" it says:
What will happen on October 28?
On October 28, you will no longer be able to upload any content to the site. To share info with members of your groups, you'll continue to be able to do so via email.
My understanding of this is that in 2 days new postings to the group will not go into "Conversations", but be just an email. If correct, only people on "individual email" will get anything, all on digest will not get anything. There will be no access to new postings on the group homepage.
This is why under the impression of the urgency I opened the group with io groups. It does not mean that this group has to move to io groups. I just wanted to create a place where people could stay in touch until such a time that a decision about the future of the group and its members can be made.
Don't forget, that with not more precise information from yahoo it is anybody's guess what will happen and in what timeframe until December 14 and of course the owner could close this group at any time without asking anybody.
Barbara

Barbara Stephenson

I would never intend to diminish anybody.
But it is not up to me to look at other platform suggestions/do anything at all regarding the future of this group. I saw urgency in doing something and did the one thing I am comfortable with, know and have plenty experience, both as a group owner and members of other groups.
Nobody has to follow there, they may if they wish, but they are not forced to.
Barbara

Vicki Satta

Post by Vicki Satta »

Have you read those old newsletters “Heal Thyself” that were gathered by Rex… some date back many into the early days of homeopathy in England. I SENT REX AN EMAIL TO SEE if he would provide the copies and maybe participate.

I’ve asked Rex if he could send them to me and I will use my comcast account to invite people. Then I will invite people who may be interested in just reading and an email conversation every 2 weeks. Maybe some of the Brits might want to do a historical study.

And I will do it myself, as always, if nobody is interested.

Vicki

Leilanae

Post by Leilanae »

Hi Tanya,

Have you determined why she is trying to "take" Ardavans list? She's already made a "place" for it in her name.

How long has she been on this list?
Atb,

Leilanae

Return to “Migration Archive”