YG Changes

In this forum, we have placed all the messages related to migrating the YahooGroup to this Forum so you can see what happened. These messages have been moved here from the YahooGroups Archive. The forum has been locked, no new posts allowed.
Vicki Satta

Re: YG Changes

Post by Vicki Satta »

Chuck,

Please ask Mike if he is the guy from Puerto Rico who built a site for Jason Goodman several years ago.

He/you are opening yourself and the rest of us up to be violating the law UNLESS you have permission from the list owner to take the data! I don’t think so unless he contacted you privately. I think your actions are bound by the Yahoo rules. I will provide your name and address to the Yahoo Group customer service (top level) man who is helping me with another issue.

I suggest that you don’t take that information until you talk to the guy I’ve been working with. I know you don’t want to get into legal trouble, nor do any of the students, homeopaths and others who have been here for many years.

I have to get the name and address of the Consigniere and post it here!

VICKI

Vicki Satta

Post by Vicki Satta »

Chuck,

Please ask Mike if he is the guy from Puerto Rico who built a site for Jason Goodman several years ago.

He/you are opening yourself and the rest of us up to be violating the law UNLESS you have permission from the list owner to take the data! I don’t think so unless he contacted you privately. I think your actions are bound by the Yahoo rules. I will provide your name and address to the Yahoo Group customer service (top level) man who is helping me with another issue.

I suggest that you don’t take that information until you talk to the guy I’ve been working with. I know you don’t want to get into legal trouble, nor do any of the students, homeopaths and others who have been here for many years.

I have to get the name and address of the Consigniere and post it here!

VICKI

Debra Lamana

Post by Debra Lamana »

Elizabeth,
I didn't know that Minutus had an active Files section. At the top of the page, the button for Files is displayed in gray, meaning it is either not there or not accessible. You're right, can not access Files here. Was there extensive information in Minutus' Files?
It would require that the group owner or moderator submit a request to Yahoo Groups to restore what has been deleted before the 'official' deletion date. . . Deb L.

Vicki Satta

Post by Vicki Satta »

Chuck! You cannot take/save the files without the listener’s permission. And he AIN’T gonna do it. Stop trying to take control of something you don’t own.

Tanya Marquette

Post by Tanya Marquette »

Excuse me, but when was a decision made to use this service with a potential of serious costs down the road.

We never got an answer to my simple question about what costs would accrue if we cease this service. I do
not do business like this especially when there are several other free platforms for us to explore. We should

not be lazy about this.

t

Vicki Satta

Post by Vicki Satta »

Ryan, Chuck and Minutus group:

Ryan, can you please help us?

Here is the problem: Chuck Solomon wants to take the content and individual members names, content, etc., from the Yahoo group “minutus" and move it to his Amazon site. The purpose of this effort is so the group can continue without the list owner, who DOES NOT participate in discussions. However, Chuck does not have the permission of the list owner to remove and take the data.

Questions:

Does he have to have the list owner’s signature on a legal document to do that? Or is it okay to copy everything and move it to a new location in order to carry on? He wants to copy the membership email group information and their contributed copyrighted (their own) content over the years. We have tried to contact the list owner many times, but no response.
Could Chuck, the web designer, Mike, and we as a group and individual members be charged with theft of copyright content and ownership??

If he has a web designer capture the data from the group files and changes the name of the group from Minutus to something else, but uses the data, is that a violation of the law without a legal turnover from the list owner? I don’t think so unless he contacted you privately Chuck. I think his/your/Chuck’s proposed actions are bound by the Yahoo rules. Is that correct Ryan?

I suggest that you don’t take that information until you talk to Ryan. I know you don’t want to get into legal trouble, nor do any of the students, homeopaths and others who have been here for many years.
Thanks for your assistance Ryan… please respond promptly. The last thing we need is legal problems.

Vicki

Cathy Lemmon

Post by Cathy Lemmon »

Very glad to be seeing this all now.

Please be assured there is nothing "secret" about anything on FaceBook, no matter what they tell you.

And I also agree that Google is likely not the best place to be looking either.

I've only had time for the "digest" mode - where do I find in writing what they are deigning to do with this? I really do not want more emails in my inbox - my primary focus must be on my practise.

Thank you for keeping us up on things here. I will be working to watch where Minutus will be going now.

-Cathy Lemmon
Be well!

-Cathy Lemmon, BA, LCPH, CHP, MARH
Founder and President, Homeoprophylaxis: A Worldwide Choice (HPWWC)
JOIN US FOR OUR NEXT INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE
- in New Delhi, India, January 2020
www.HPWWC2020.org

Vicki Satta

Post by Vicki Satta »

We have several tech people who will do the work **if** we stop whining and get moving. I am out of here because I say no to google. I’m not trying to change anyone’s mind. They can do what they want. I will be silent and try to support what they are doing. You can do the same or take a hike. Help if you’re needed/asked to help. We don’t need people with “ideas”…

Take care and thanks for your thoughts.
Nobody in the group is allowing you to take over. No… leave it alone please.
No Chuck.
No Chuck. We are not allowing you to take over Chuck. We don’t want “positive stuff”… You are too late.

Everyone I have spoken to says NO to you and Mike. It ain’t gonna happen. I told you days ago. People don’t trust you Chuck. I don’t want to be mean, but it’s the truth. If you want to be participate and learn with the rest of us, G R E A T. You are welcome to hang out, but

Vicki Satta

Post by Vicki Satta »

Send the links Tanya… write up south

Return to “Migration Archive”