Moving the group, do we need contacts?

In this forum, we have placed all the messages related to migrating the YahooGroup to this Forum so you can see what happened. These messages have been moved here from the YahooGroups Archive. The forum has been locked, no new posts allowed.
Shannon Nelson

Moving the group, do we need contacts?

Post by Shannon Nelson »

I think we have too many choices and not enough decision.... If Yahoogroups makes good on what it wrote, today is the last day we'll be able to post here. If anyone has a plan they might / could follow through on, can you post that here? And if the transfer is done but past the time when we can post here, are there some of us who will act as contacts to help everyone who wants to, make the most?
If needed, I can be one: shannonecn135@gmail.com

Tanya Marquette

Re: Moving the group, do we need contacts?

Post by Tanya Marquette »

Has anyone tried to contact Yahoo to check on this shut down?

I contacted ARH-Hom which has other members here on Minutus but no one there is even mentioning this and

they ignored my post. I also contacted another group that was Yahoo but that admin moved to MeWe a few months

ago altho I still get emails from Yahoo with them. Can't figure that out.
As for our choices, I would like someone with some tech know how to list our choices and what they are about so we can

have a reasonable understanding of what we can do.
t

Barbara Stephenson

Post by Barbara Stephenson »

There has been zero support from yahoo for yahoo groups for many months and it is unlikely that you will get any helpful response now or in the future.

According to what I have heard nobody knows for sure and yahoo doesn’t say if new messages after next Sunday will be available on the group homepage or not. It is also not clear if members can view the message archives after next Sunday.

So if message archive is to be saved, there is very little time left to have reasonable confidence to do it.
And it needs the owner of a yahoo group on board to do anything regarding moving all members to a new place and move the message archive to a new place.

Barbara

Tanya Marquette

So one important thing is to get hold of Ardavan. Soroush would be the likely person to do that.

Soroush are you willing to do this?
And pardon my ignorance, but are there any other types of groups the function like Yahoo that we can

switch to with all our files.
t

Leilanae

Post by Leilanae »

Hi Tanya,

It is Ardavan's list and I think Soroush manages it. Have they been notified???

Big question: How do they want to handle this???
Atb,

Leilanae

Chuck Solomon

Post by Chuck Solomon »

Looks like time is short. My programmer is, Mike the Web Designer. He and I have decided to make a firm offer to save the group and we can implement it right away before it is too late.
We will use our own money to pay for everything that is needed - Wordpress site fully functional, hosting, security, antivirus/malare, social media integration and whatever else is needed including entire data transfer.
And we will promise not to hold you hostage, if once we have saved everything, and someone thinks they have a better idea, they can reimburse us for the costs which we will keep to a minimum and we will hand over control to them - but at least we can act now to save it.
We will try to make the site operate like at yahoo.
If Sourach wants to continue as moderator or whoever you want, I think that will be fine with Mike too - I think he will agree on that.
We will put some limited, relevant ad's on the site to pay the costs.
I will promise not to put too much of my conservative baloney on the site, Ya, I know, I have sometimes gotten carried away, I don't mean to offend anyone and good business means I should respect everyone.
Mike and I are first, business and marketing people, and we know that we have to operate the site in the best interests of the group, we have to adhere to that because that is the only way this is going to continue to be successful. If we should wrong, you can complain and we have to listen. We will be responsive.

With good social media integration, we think the group can reach a lot more people with positive messages about homeopathy than under yahoo.
Mike is a lot younger than me and yet is very impressed and very knowledgeable of the natural approach to health - he is not vaxinating his kids and is doing some home schooling - and get this, he has 10 kids, no kidding. In spite of all that he is available usually about 15 hours a day - He has to work all the time.
So, I think we got the best guy for this job.

By the way, he says that yahoo is scaling back and will be going out of business .

I didn't get his proposal, yet but should be able to forwrd it to you yet today.

Chuck
GoNaturalHealing.com Please click on: Amazon (banner) Goes to your page on Amazon. Same low prices, order anything.

I am an approved affiliate for Amazon. Affiliate earnings support site. Thank you. My site offers free info on: Foods, herbs, Homeopathy & case studies explained.
Chuck Solomon 310/395-5578 chucksolomon@yahoo.com
So one important thing is to get hold of Ardavan. Soroush would be the likely person to do that.

Soroush are you willing to do this?
And pardon my ignorance, but are there any other types of groups the function like Yahoo that we can

switch to with all our files.
t

Dr. Joe Rozencwajg, NMD

Post by Dr. Joe Rozencwajg, NMD »

Remember, Chuck, if you offer baloney, you have to get ready to receive spicy mustard in exchange...:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D
I strongly suggest that whatever happens we limit ourselves to homeopathy, even if it is true that politics has its relevance.
Dr. Joe Rozencwajg, NMD.
"The greatest enemy of any science is a closed mind"

www.naturamedica.co.nz

Tanya Marquette

I know. That was the point of my post.

t

Tanya Marquette

Sounds like a generous offer but I would want to know the costs before anything is done.

I am not one to jump into anything with costs without knowing what they are first.

t

Chuck Solomon

Post by Chuck Solomon »

Thanks Dr Joe for the warning on baloney. I won't talk about the application of Artificial Intelligence to humanity going on now by the billionaires. Elon Musk says it must be democratized or all power will be in the hands of gov't or corporations. Clinical trials are planned for next year - no joke. What could go wrong there?
Just a heads up. You have the info now so you can look it up. And that is the end of my baloney sandwich, no mustard needed.

We will try to stick to info on homeopathy.

About Yahoo, I found this:

It’s official: Yahoo is no longer an independent company.

As of today, Verizon ($VZ ) is now the (proud?) owner of the once-popular website and most of its assets, after paying $4.5 billion to acquire Yahoo. By the end of the week, the troubled web company will stop trading on the stock exchange. Yahoo will complete its journey from one of the biggest internet companies on the planet to just another media brand.

So we are victim of the downsizing, we'd better get our data off here before all is lost, they are not gonna waste any of their time or money on us.

Chuck

GoNaturalHealing.com Please click on: Amazon (banner) Goes to your page on Amazon. Same low prices, order anything.

I am an approved affiliate for Amazon. Affiliate earnings support site. Thank you. My site offers free info on: Foods, herbs, Homeopathy & case studies explained.
Chuck Solomon 310/395-5578 chucksolomon@yahoo.com
Remember, Chuck, if you offer baloney, you have to get ready to receive spicy mustard in exchange...:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D
I strongly suggest that whatever happens we limit ourselves to homeopathy, even if it is true that politics has its relevance.
Dr. Joe Rozencwajg, NMD.
"The greatest enemy of any science is a closed mind"

www.naturamedica.co.nz

Return to “Migration Archive”