Moving the group, do we need contacts?

In this forum, we have placed all the messages related to migrating the YahooGroup to this Forum so you can see what happened. These messages have been moved here from the YahooGroups Archive. The forum has been locked, no new posts allowed.
Chuck Solomon

Re: Moving the group, do we need contacts?

Post by Chuck Solomon »

Thanks Dr Joe for the warning on baloney. I won't talk about the application of Artificial Intelligence to humanity going on now by the billionaires. Elon Musk says it must be democratized or all power will be in the hands of gov't or corporations. Clinical trials are planned for next year - no joke. What could go wrong there?
Just a heads up. You have the info now so you can look it up. And that is the end of my baloney sandwich, no mustard needed.

We will try to stick to info on homeopathy.

About Yahoo, I found this:

It’s official: Yahoo is no longer an independent company.

As of today, Verizon ($VZ ) is now the (proud?) owner of the once-popular website and most of its assets, after paying $4.5 billion to acquire Yahoo. By the end of the week, the troubled web company will stop trading on the stock exchange. Yahoo will complete its journey from one of the biggest internet companies on the planet to just another media brand.

So we are victim of the downsizing, we'd better get our data off here before all is lost, they are not gonna waste any of their time or money on us.

Chuck

GoNaturalHealing.com Please click on: Amazon (banner) Goes to your page on Amazon. Same low prices, order anything.

I am an approved affiliate for Amazon. Affiliate earnings support site. Thank you. My site offers free info on: Foods, herbs, Homeopathy & case studies explained.
Chuck Solomon 310/395-5578 chucksolomon@yahoo.com
Remember, Chuck, if you offer baloney, you have to get ready to receive spicy mustard in exchange...:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D
I strongly suggest that whatever happens we limit ourselves to homeopathy, even if it is true that politics has its relevance.
Dr. Joe Rozencwajg, NMD.
"The greatest enemy of any science is a closed mind"

www.naturamedica.co.nz

Chuck Solomon

Post by Chuck Solomon »

In answer to Tanya, question:

Mike (Myke) is going to donate his time because he believes in what we are doing. If he was to bill for his time the cost would probably be prohibitive.
Then Mike and I will have to pay for time on a server co-located in a earthquake proof facility, register a domain for 5 years to be considered serious, hosting for 5 years, site security, anti virus/malware, and social media integration, which we may out-source.
These costs will be several $thousands - some immediate some, some later, but if we had to pay for his time, I don't know how much that would be.

He and I will cover all costs and we will never ask the group to pay anything. Hopefully we will receive adv. fees sufficient to recover our costs and maybe even make a profit.
That is all that I know. Hope it works well.

Chuck
GoNaturalHealing.com Please click on: Amazon (banner) Goes to your page on Amazon. Same low prices, order anything.

I am an approved affiliate for Amazon. Affiliate earnings support site. Thank you. My site offers free info on: Foods, herbs, Homeopathy & case studies explained.
Thanks Dr Joe for the warning on baloney. I won't talk about the application of Artificial Intelligence to humanity going on now by the billionaires. Elon Musk says it must be democratized or all power will be in the hands of gov't or corporations. Clinical trials are planned for next year - no joke. What could go wrong there?
Just a heads up. You have the info now so you can look it up.. And that is the end of my baloney sandwich, no mustard needed.

We will try to stick to info on homeopathy.

About Yahoo, I found this:

It’s official: Yahoo is no longer an independent company.

As of today, Verizon ($VZ ) is now the (proud?) owner of the once-popular website and most of its assets, after paying $4.5 billion to acquire Yahoo. By the end of the week, the troubled web company will stop trading on the stock exchange. Yahoo will complete its journey from one of the biggest internet companies on the planet to just another media brand.

So we are victim of the downsizing, we'd better get our data off here before all is lost, they are not gonna waste any of their time or money on us.

Chuck

Remember, Chuck, if you offer baloney, you have to get ready to receive spicy mustard in exchange...:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D
I strongly suggest that whatever happens we limit ourselves to homeopathy, even if it is true that politics has its relevance.
Dr. Joe Rozencwajg, NMD.
"The greatest enemy of any science is a closed mind"

www.naturamedica.co.nz

Tanya Marquette

Post by Tanya Marquette »

Too much marketing for me Chuck. I asked a simple question and got gobbledygook for an answer.

You clearly said that if we dropped Mike's services at some point we would be billed retroactively.

There is a specific monthly or annual fee and there would be the set up time. And this is what you

need to provide, otherwise, my answer is a flat NO.

t

Barbara Stephenson

Post by Barbara Stephenson »

Do you have a link to a set-up which looks quite similar to what you and Mike the Web Designer have in mind? So that we could have a look and have a better idea of what it could look like?
Barbara

Vicki Satta

Post by Vicki Satta »

Barbara,

Joe is a VERY BRILLIANT AND WISE SCORPIO.

I am VERY HONEST AND OPINIONATED SCORPIO.
VICKI

Chuck Solomon

Post by Chuck Solomon »

Mike thinks he will still be able to save our group, despite these comments I found. Hard telling what yahoo will do or when, they just don't care.

Quotes I found:

Yahoo Groups archivists despair as Verizon blocks their preservation efforts ahead of shutdown
Some rumors persist that among the current investors of nextdoor.com 3 are “retired” figures from 3-letter government organizations, suggesting that nextdoor.com 3 is one of those “civilian” companies which does the kind of citizen data-collection which governments are not permitted to do themselves. (For those not familiar with this phenomenon, “retired” government agents launch these “consultant” companies and use their carreer contacts to market and sell dossier “products”, and are therefore government-funded loopholes around laws protecting privacy and democracy).
I have great sympathy for the people and communities affected by this, but I think it’s timely to remind everyone of the rules:

1. Don’t run anything essential on a free service.
2. Don’t run anything without a plan to migrate it elsewhere at a moment’s notice.
3. Don’t run anything on Yahoo!
To that I, Chuck, would add:
Always know what's really goin' on. It's probably not what you think.
Chuck
GoNatural
Healing.com Please click on: Amazon (banner) Goes to your page on Amazon. Same low prices, order anything.

Hi Tanya,

It is Ardavan's list and I think Soroush manages it. Have they been notified???

Big question: How do they want to handle this???
Atb,

Leilanae

Jeri Honderd

Post by Jeri Honderd »

I hope when it happens, the move I mean, we all get notified in time to switch over to the new format. I don’t comment on this group hardly ever but I follow it always and don’t want to be left out of the move. Thanks a lot
Healing is not forcing the sun to shine, but letting go of that which
blocks the light." ~ Stephen and Ondrea Levine

Soroush Ebrahimi

Post by Soroush Ebrahimi »

I am aware – but I am just the moderator.

Ardavan is the owner – I have informed him!

Soroush
From: minutus@yahoogroups.com [mailto:minutus@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: 21 October 2019 04:08
To: minutus@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Minutus] Moving the group, do we need contacts?
Hi Tanya,
It is Ardavan's list and I think Soroush manages it. Have they been notified???
Big question: How do they want to handle this???
Atb,
Leilanae

Return to “Migration Archive”