Moving groups?

In this forum, we have placed all the messages related to migrating the YahooGroup to this Forum so you can see what happened. These messages have been moved here from the YahooGroups Archive. The forum has been locked, no new posts allowed.
Dr. Joe Rozencwajg, NMD

Moving groups?

Post by Dr. Joe Rozencwajg, NMD »

I do not have time to do it myself, but here are a few site dealing with
creating groups, most of them 100% free...not sure about moving archive
from Yahoo though, I do not know how to download it:

https://help.insighttimer.com/hc/en-us/ ... e-a-Group-

https://www.proboards.com/

https://www.wikihow.com/Start-an-Online ... -Community

https://www.a2hosting.com/blog/5-outsta ... community/
--
Dr. Joe Rozencwajg, NMD.
"The greatest enemy of any science is a closed mind"

www.naturamedica.co.nz

Vicki Satta

Re: Moving groups?

Post by Vicki Satta »

This is great Joe! I think that Zdena’s brilliant husband might be able to help us out with “mirroring”… is that what it’s called?

We should have some things to look at by Monday. Thank you very much.

I also have a message from the Yahoo first level of support. He will likely give up some support about how to move everything and get it set-up at the new home.

This is good. Thanks!

Vicki

Tanya Marquette

Post by Tanya Marquette »

Thanx Joe. I sure hope some more techie people can ferret out the details of this process of moving our

archives and we can then make a consensus on which way to go.

t

Sherill

Post by Sherill »

Slack.com appears to be another option.
How do Iaccess the archives before they go away?

Vicki Satta

Post by Vicki Satta »

One of our members has come up with good ideas. Hang on and we will see what might be. If we get agreement then we have a tech person who may be willing to help.

Yes!

Vicki

Jean Doherty

Post by Jean Doherty »

Thank you to those who are trying to save our archives .
If click Visit Your Group [at the bottom of mails ]and remember your Yahoo e-mail address and password the archives can still be assessed . The search tool brings up what one may be interested in.
I even found some of Julian Winston’s very patient interchange with Warmly Anna.
There have been great contributions over the years and I thank you all for your wisdom, Jean.

Chuck Solomon

Post by Chuck Solomon »

Thanks to Dr Joe for suggesting some possible platforms to move the site off yahoo groups
But somebody needs to determine if these platforms are robust enough to support
the 3800+ members in the group - and how many years of data.
And how long will these sites be around, functioning, and virus free????

Wordpress powers a third of all the sites on the web - offers free and also paid options - constantly being updated to latest technology,
works with mobile - reliable !!!

WordPress.com: Create a Free Website or Blog
https://wordpress.com
Create a free website or build a blog with ease on WordPress.com. Dozens of free, customizable, mobile-ready designs and themes. Free hosting and support.

My programmer, Mike the Web Designer, suggests Wordpress platform - he knows it will last.

I have asked him to send us a proposal - let's see what he can offer.

Moving such a large amount of data is also going to be very tricky
and getting it rooted properly on the web is critical for functionality.
You also have to have the right security and anti-virus/malware or browsers will advise visitors of possible danger.
There are costs so I found out with my website. It is cheaper to have the right stuff, than to frequently pay for virus clean-up.

The solution may be to allow running some ad's limited to sources for homeopathic remedies, books, and nutritional and herbal supplements.
With the large number of users we have, social media integration will will attract more visitors and reward the site with advertising income from
limited ad's. That income can pay most or all of the costs of maintaining the site.

Mike the web designer is a programmer and also a total web marketer and social media integrator.
He is very reasonable compared to other programmers, highly ethical, dependable, and very resourceful,
completely accountable, and always pleasantly responsive to requests. He can do it all according to your wishes.

That is about what I can tell you, I'll see that his proposal gets posted here and you guys can decide what and how you want to do it

Chuck

Sherill

Post by Sherill »

Thanks Jean. and to be sure I understand: I can search on something specific, some keyword, but cannot browse archives. Correct?

The FILES button in grayed out on my screen.
I also appreciate greatly what is shared here! Sherill
From: minutus@yahoogroups.com [mailto:minutus@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Saturday, October 19, 2019 1:28 AM
To: minutus@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Minutus] Moving groups?
Thank you to those who are trying to save our archives .

If click Visit Your Group [at the bottom of mails ]and remember your Yahoo e-mail address and password the archives can still be assessed . The search tool brings up what one may be interested in.

I even found some of Julian Winston’s very patient interchange with Warmly Anna.

There have been great contributions over the years and I thank you all for your wisdom, Jean.

Jean Doherty

Post by Jean Doherty »

The Archives are open to me on logging in to the Minutus group.
Best Wishes Jean

Dr. Joe Rozencwajg, NMD

Post by Dr. Joe Rozencwajg, NMD »

Makes sense!
Dr. Joe Rozencwajg, NMD.
"The greatest enemy of any science is a closed mind"

www.naturamedica.co.nz

Return to “Migration Archive”