Human delivery question

Here you will find all the discussions from the time this group was hosted on YahooGroups and groups.io
You can browse through these topics and reply to them as needed.
It is not possible to start new topics in this forum. Please use the respective other forums most related to your topic.
Linda Birkmann

Human delivery question

Post by Linda Birkmann »

I read somewhere that a dose of pulsatilla will turn a breech baby within 24 hr to the correct position.
Anyone know about this?
My daughter in law, first prevent, baby is booked for a section on April 6 because the baby is in a breech position. Due date is between April 13 to 16. Seems odd but then all this new way of doing things seem somewhat beyond odd to me any ways.
I was breech myself, no section required back then.
Anyone with experience or birthing knowledge please chime in, it's all appreciated.
Thank you

Linda Birkmann
Pussetoe Birmans
www.pussetoebirmans.com

Rochelle Marsden

Re: Human delivery question

Post by Rochelle Marsden »

Have only had one case of pulsatilla 200 not working on a breech. If it doesn't work its probably because baby hasn't got room to move or cord is round the neck preventing it. Best to give after 36 weeks.

Rochelle

Sent from my Huawei Mobile

Victoria Mashevsky

Post by Victoria Mashevsky »

At one of my first Homeopathic conference, someone did a presentation on this topic and the person from the audience - retired RN with what seemed like tons of experience said that Pulsatilla has to be in 10M potency to turn the breech. I never had a chance to used it for a client. My friend when faced with this, went to the OBGYN for routine check-up still hoping for the baby to turn on his own while waiting for the remedy to arrive. Long story short something happened during this "routine check-up" and she started leaking water few hours after coming home. Needless to say, they did C-section that very evening. The baby delivered by c-section does have a lot of Puls qualities.

Victoria M-Sky
about.me/VictoriaM

Rebekah Azzarelli

Post by Rebekah Azzarelli »

I've seen pulsatilla not work a bunch of times. I suspect, like treating anything else, that we want to find a remedy for the woman versus a remedy for the diagnosis.

There are a few issues that we're up against. A big one is that these days OBs do not assess fetal position at every visit, and if they do they might not mention that the baby isn't head down. Midwives, on the other hand, will palpate the uterus at every appointment, and as the pregnancy goes into the last 8 weeks they are very attentive to the baby's position to ensure a vaginal birth. They will recommend exercises for the mother to help get the baby to turn while there's still room and time to try a few things. Many know how to perform an external version, manually massaging the uterus and nudging the baby into the right position. Sometimes the babies flip again.

I knew an OB in NYC who'd do external versions for many of the women in the midwifery practice I worked in (the midwives didn't do versions). There are OBs out there who'll do it and it is worth the effort to find one (not necessarily change full care at the last minute, just a consult for a version) for a better chance of a vaginal delivery. I'd consider giving pulsatilla at the time of the version if the mom's symptoms fit.
I convinced my first baby to get his head down by doing handstands in a pool for as long as I could handle it one night. The next morning I woke up with a sore belly and a turned baby!

So often I hear about a pregnant mom who's just been told the baby is breech and they have to have a section. And too often they wait to tell the mom until the baby's space is pretty cramped. Breech deliveries are uncommon in the US and many practitioners don't have the skills anymore to assist them, so they schedule a section. I wouldn't attribute babies needing pulsatilla to this poor state of maternal care.

Here's wishing for a vertex presentation!

Best,
Rebekah

Dale Moss

Post by Dale Moss »

Pulsatilla has that reputation, but according to Harry van der Zee’s Miasms in Labor, breech presentations, in his experience, are predominantly sycotic. He’s used Medorrhinum to treat such babies after birth. Is there anything in the background of your daughter or her husband that suggests the sycotic miasm?

Peace,
Dale

Linda Birkmann

Post by Linda Birkmann »

Sorry Dale, I don't know what that is
There is nothing behind my son, she was 1 of identical twins, born very early at only 2 pounds.
Linda Birkmann
Pussetoe Birmans
www.pussetoebirmans.com

Dale Moss

Post by Dale Moss »

The sycotic miasm is one of Hahnemann’s classic miasms. It usually means a history of gonorrhea somewhere in a person’s background (hence my question).

Peace,
Dale

Pauline Ashford

Post by Pauline Ashford »

Can also assist this by making more room – lying in a bed with foot end raised allows baby to drop out of pelvis and turn more easily – of course if head is engaged this wont work

Turned both my babies this way (pre Homeopathy days for me or would have tried Pulsatilla) found out which way they were lying that day and then just niggled them till they turned

Had to turn them as otherwise was required to go to the ‘big smoke’ for last 4 weeks of my pregnancy and live in a motel till bub came – wasn’t going to do that so worked on turning them.
Wish I could have added Pulsatilla at the time as it would have fitted me to a tee at that point too.!
Pauline
Pauline Ashford

Maleny Homeopathy

B. Health Science – Comp Med; Adv Dip Health Science - Hom

Homeopathy, Dorn spinal and headache treatment,

Lymphatic drainage massage, Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT), Reiki

130 Ansell Rd, Witta, QLD 4552 Ph 07.54944101

paulineashford@dodo.com.au

www.malenyhomeopathy.com

Hrs: Tues 12-9pm, Wed & Thurs 9-5

Please Note: if you ring in the ½ hour before I start – you have a better chance of being able to speak to me in person.
Virus-free. www.avast.com

Return to “Minutus YahooGroup Archives”