Does this affect this group?

In this forum, we have placed all the messages related to migrating the YahooGroup to this Forum so you can see what happened. These messages have been moved here from the YahooGroups Archive. The forum has been locked, no new posts allowed.
Tanya Marquette

Re: Does this affect this group?

Post by Tanya Marquette »

Yes, 'they' is Yahoo. And agreed we should move the archives asap but Io, as someone mentioned also

has strict limits on vaccine discussions.
t

Shannon Nelson

Post by Shannon Nelson »

I haven’t seen anything saying that io “has strict limits on vaccine discussions.” Did I miss something? Or are you making that assumption based on the quote: "Not accepted: "Groups dedicated to the promotion of anti-vaccination ideologies”.
“… dedicated to the promotion of” is really quite different from “have members and discussions in opposition to…”.

There are all sorts of groups and people who oppose vaccination (to varying degrees and for varying reasons). And there are homeopaths who do NOT necessarily oppose all vaccination. (And others who oppose it but only privately.) But the great point is:
The stated purpose of Minutus is “the study of Classical Homeopathy”. It was never “dedicated to the promotion of anti-vaccination ideologies”. But in any case—if there’s a better idea, then that will be a better idea!
Okay, no more on it from me…

Cheers,
Shannon

Leilanae

Post by Leilanae »

Hi Shannon,

I "read" it a bit different. I "saw"the focus on ideologies (*normative beliefs and values") and vaccination being one of several/many ideologies. Did a dictionary check on both ideology and epistemology. See #108102

If I got "lost" on that side trip, somebody please let me know.

Atb,

Leilanae

Tanya Marquette

Post by Tanya Marquette »

I don't know the "normative beliefs and values" means that much. Many ideologies are not normative
for a society but are believed in by individuals or fringe people. However, I find ideologies to be systems

of ideas with a particular focus. Believing in a religion, for example, is not an ideology but a belief system.

The ideology would be more the system of ideas with a particular goal such as promotion of a religion for

ruling the country. Promotion of democracy is an ideology just as nazism is.
t

Miri HaCohen

Post by Miri HaCohen »

someone said she/he was able to download the conversations to PDF. Can you share how to do so please? Thank you.
I will be happy to see this group move to a different location that is okayed by all. It will be a shame to lose this community.
Miri

Return to “Migration Archive”