Does this affect this group?

In this forum, we have placed all the messages related to migrating the YahooGroup to this Forum so you can see what happened. These messages have been moved here from the YahooGroups Archive. The forum has been locked, no new posts allowed.
Tanya Marquette

Re: Does this affect this group?

Post by Tanya Marquette »

Well this really goes to the heart of the matter--controlling free speech about
a drug corporation lobby! So even if Minutus talks about homepathy and health in general,

if we ever mention vaccine dangers our group would be censored or cut out.

My suspicion about the trashing of archives is due to their not wanting to have to review

what we have discussed in the past for censoring so it becomes much simpler to just
erase it all. Think we need a better solution than Io.

t

Dale Moss

Post by Dale Moss »

Groups.io looks interesting, although the only extant group that might conceivably relate to homeopathy is “Conscious healing,” which has 600 members and deals with supplements, essential oils, etc. Not exclusively or even primarily homeopathy.

If Minutus doesn’t wish to move, I suppose some enterprising soul could establish a new group — but, please, not on Facebook. Their claim to copyright of everything on their site is problematical and offensive. Groups.io claims not to track members, which is a plus.

Peace,
Dale

Elizabeth Brandegee

Post by Elizabeth Brandegee »

I just found the same platform and others are going there. https://groups.io/ looks good so far.
Agree not to migrate to Facebook if possible.
One other option is joining HWC (Homeopathy World Community).
Elizabeth Byszeski
---In minutus@yahoogroups.com, wrote :
Groups.io looks interesting, although the only extant group that might conceivably relate to homeopathy is “Conscious healing,” which has 600 members and deals with supplements, essential oils, etc. Not exclusively or even primarily homeopathy.

If Minutus doesn’t wish to move, I suppose some enterprising soul could establish a new group — but, please, not on Facebook. Their claim to copyright of everything on their site is problematical and offensive. Groups.io claims not to track members, which is a plus.

Peace,
Dale

Bob Needham

Post by Bob Needham »

I'll second that suggestion Victoria !

bob

Victoria M-Sky
about.me/VictoriaM

Leilanae

Post by Leilanae »

Hi Tanya.
I didn't think about that part............was still in the "qualifying" stage:

"Ideology...........is a set of normative beliefs and values that a person or
or other entity has for non-epistemic reasons. These rely on basic assumptions about reality that may or may not have any factual basis" ...............Wikipedia

"Epistemology.............is the study of the nature and scope of knowledge and justified belief. It analyzes the nature of knowledge and how it relates to similar notions such as truth, belief and justification. It also deals with the means of production of knowledge, as well as skepticism about different knowledge claims" ..............unknown

What are your thoughts about the above? If I'm understanding it correctly homeopathy does NOT qualify???????
Leilanae

Shannon Nelson

Post by Shannon Nelson »

Oops……

Well, we can get around that because this is NOT a group “dedicated to the” etc. Really, IT’S NOT. Homeopathy per se has traditionally NOT taken an “anti” position on ANY “medical matters”. When I went through my training (admittedly some decades ago) it was emphasized to us, over and over again, that we must not get between a client / patient or ours, and any “medical” decisions they chose to make, or any advice given to them by “their (medical) doctor”—even if it just killed us to keep our mouth shut. Offering information and opinions, fine. But NOT giving anything that could be construed as “medical advice”, because that way lies lawsuits.

So long as this remains a homeopathy group—and not an “anti-vaccination” group, we can do it.

I fervently hope that we wouldn’t be monitored or etc., and have information and expressions of opinion deemed inadmissible. But simply going by the wording given here—and by the FACT of what homeopathy is (including “individualization”, and “individual susceptibility”)—we would be okay there.

I’m certainly open to better ideas, but I think this one sounds workable.

Shannon

Shannon Nelson

Post by Shannon Nelson »

There’s certainly uncertainty, but… (below)
It does not say “should there be any mention”; it says “dedicated to” etc.
That is (at least hopefully is) a big difference.
I think that even just doing it in order to keep the archives would be reason enough—and if we do find the conversation stifled by intervention, then could explore other options too…
But where?
Shannon

Tanya Marquette

With all due respect, you are not understanding the problem. It is not what we think of ourselves, but

how Yahoo will see us. You cannot deny that homeopathy is part of the holistic protocols that Big Pharma

seeks to destroy. And Yahoo is not defining its standards or ideology based on itself but on the lobbying

efforts of the medical industry. We have 100's or 1000's of posts lambasting vaccines and allopathy and

that will be what they do.
But also to remember, the information is that ALL groups will lose their archives regardless of what they are
about.
t

Tanya Marquette

You miss the point-that they plan on destroying ALL archives of every group.
t

Shannon Nelson

Post by Shannon Nelson »

I know!

By “they” I assume that, at least at this point, you mean Yahoo.

And that’s why, IMO, we would be FAR better off moving them somewhere before December 14 (or whatever it was).
Let’s have all of the ideas.

Return to “Migration Archive”