Does this affect this group?

In this forum, we have placed all the messages related to migrating the YahooGroup to this Forum so you can see what happened. These messages have been moved here from the YahooGroups Archive. The forum has been locked, no new posts allowed.
Tanya Marquette

Re: Does this affect this group?

Post by Tanya Marquette »

I think it was a big surprise to the oligarchy that the public would make such massive and successful use of the internet for organizing,

communicating real information and exposure of the ruling elite's nefarious doings. The mass media had been doing the job of controlling

public thinking but the internet was side stepping that and we are seeing their backlash. Must organize and push back. The FCC just

got a SCOTUS ruling that they can interpret net neutrality as they will which is to totally ignore the mass public demand for it.

t

Chuck Solomon

Post by Chuck Solomon »

I am sending this thread to my programmer, Mike the web designer.
Mike, can you suggest where "Minutes yahoo email group of homeopaths" can go ????????
Yahoo says they are going to restrict or sensor all yahoo groups and you can see we are worried that it will affect this group, if true????

Can you suggest a better platform for the group, even if we had to pay something?????

The modrator of the group is Saroush, but he doesn't seem to be paying attention.

Chuck Solomon

GoNaturalHealing.com Please click on: Amazon (banner) Goes to your page on Amazon. Same low prices, order anything.

I am an approved affiliate for Amazon. Affiliate earnings support site. Thank you. My site offers free info on: Foods, herbs, Homeopathy & case studies explained.
Chuck Solomon 310/795-
6629 chucksolomon@yahoo.com
----- Forwarded Message -----
To: "minutus@yahoogroups.com"
Sent: Wednesday, October 16, 2019, 12:17:30 AM PDT
Subject: [Minutus] Re: Does this affect this group?
I think it does, we have to have an admin to run

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

Rochelle Marsden

Post by Rochelle Marsden »

Why don’t we just have a Closed or Secret Facebook Minutus group like other groups I belong to? Soroush can be an administrator and maybe choose others to help him
Rochelle
From: minutus@yahoogroups.com [mailto:minutus@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: 17 October 2019 10:13
To: Mike The Web Designer; Minutus
Subject: Fw: [Minutus] Re: Does this affect this group?
I am sending this thread to my programmer, Mike the web designer.

Mike, can you suggest where "Minutes yahoo email group of homeopaths" can go ????????

Yahoo says they are going to restrict or sensor all yahoo groups and you can see we are worried that it will affect this group, if true????
Can you suggest a better platform for the group, even if we had to pay something?????
The modrator of the group is Saroush, but he doesn't seem to be paying attention.
Chuck Solomon
GoNaturalHealing.com Please click on: Amazon (banner) Goes to your page on Amazon. &n bsp; Same low prices, order anything.

I am an approved affiliate for Amazon. Affiliate earnings support site. Thank you. My site offers free info on: Foods, herbs, Homeopathy & case studies explained.

Chuck Solomon 310/795-

6629 chucksolomon@yahoo.com
----- Forwarded Message -----

To: "minutus@yahoogroups.com"

Sent: Wednesday, October 16, 2019, 12:17:30 AM PDT

Subject: [Minutus] Re: Does this affect this group?
I think it does, we have to have an admin to run

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

Tanya Marquette

FB is central to this problem of censorship, particularly against holistic groups. They have shut so many of them down.

t

Barbara Stephenson

Post by Barbara Stephenson »

If Yahoo does what they currently say by 14 December all files, all photographs, databases etc and very important for many groups the whole message content will be totally deleted.
While it will be possible to send and receive group emails logged into the email address on the web or using an email client like Thunderbird, it will be impossible to see or respond to any email on the group home page.
io groups (https://groups.io/) offer a transfer of the content of yahoo groups for a up front fee of US $110 (the annual cost, it is then possible to go down to "free group" after the first year). https://groups.io/static/transfer.
So I guess what the owner and members of this group have to decide is if they value the messages content of this group so much that the $110 can be raised and the owner of the group is willing to take charge of the transfer or make somebody else an extra owner temporarily to undertake this.
If the message content of the group is not regarded important enough to be saved, then there is no need to do anything.
Barbara

Tanya Marquette

This is pretty nasty. Many of us are on several yahoo groups that have archives with files of articles for reference.

One homeopathy group has many posts on gardening and homeopathy and it would be impossible to copy all of them and

I doubt the group would be paying to move them. I am quite suspicious of this whole proposed change and think people should

be questioning and protesting it. Yahoo, at the very least, owes us a real explanation to justify what they want to do.

t
If Yahoo does what they currently say by 14 December all files, all photographs, databases etc and very important for many groups the whole message content will be totally deleted.
While it will be possible to send and receive group emails logged into the email address on the web or using an email client like Thunderbird, it will be impossible to see or respond to any email on the group home page.
io groups (https://groups.io/) offer a transfer of the content of yahoo groups for a up front fee of US $110 (the annual cost, it is then possible to go down to "free group" after the first year). https://groups.io/static/transfer.
So I guess what the owner and members of this group have to decide is if they value the messages content of this group so much that the $110 can be raised and the owner of the group is willing to take charge of the transfer or make somebody else an extra owner temporarily to undertake this.
If the message content of the group is not regarded important enough to be saved, then there is no need to do anything.
Barbara

Barbara Stephenson

Post by Barbara Stephenson »

I totally agree with you. It is pretty nasty and many groups are going to be hit very badly with losing very valuable archives.
There are some ways to download the messages privately, however without looking into it further, I am not sure about the details.
I have been a member of many yahoo groups for many years and can assure you that this has not come as a total surprise. Yahoo groups have had absolutely zero support from yahoo for months and it has been quite obvious that they want to get rid of the groups.
Yahoo did not care at all about the damage they did to many groups when they forcefully "neonized" every group and I doubt that they care now.
Barbara

Kristy Lampe

Post by Kristy Lampe »

I occasionally watch Nightly Business Report on PBS (USA), and I have seen many segments in the past few months that talk about how all these Internet services are “finding new way” to raise more income in order to keep up their stock prices and dividends.
So I have to wonder if they are using this “threat to remove big files” (that take up a lot of cloud space without generating revenue) to panic people into buying storage space.

It seems to me this is carefully planned, and that they will likely offer “solutions” in the coming days and weeks… for a tidy fee, of course!

Kristy

Soroush Ebrahimi

Post by Soroush Ebrahimi »

Dear All
Thank you for raising this issue.
I am only your humble moderator. Minutus is owned by Dr Ardavan Shahrdar.
I will bring the matter to this issue.
Best wishes

Soroush

Shannon Nelson

Does this affect this group?

Post by Shannon Nelson »

Here’s a Google page with lots of links about it. Not looking good…

https://www.google.com/search?client=fi ... roups+down

According to this one: https://www.searchenginejournal.com/yah ... st/330695/

We have until Monday (Oct. 21) to talk here, and “all Groups content will be removed on December 14th.”

It further says: "Going forward, Yahoo Groups will become harder to join as any currently public group will now be restricted or private. They can still be found in a search, but users will have to submit a request to join them.

In order to save content from a group before it’s removed, simply sign in to your Yahoo account and download the files directly from your group’s page. First you’ll have to request the data, then Yahoo will send an email when it’s ready for download.” [italics mine]

I’m embarrassed to say, I don’t even know what this means! Does this mean that each individual email one wants to save would need to be separately requested and downloaded? The main ones I’d “always” meant to go back for were Irene’s re her ICT pictures.

Return to “Migration Archive”