Grain Brain

Here you will find all the discussions from the time this group was hosted on YahooGroups and groups.io
You can browse through these topics and reply to them as needed.
It is not possible to start new topics in this forum. Please use the respective other forums most related to your topic.
John R. Benneth

Grain Brain

Post by John R. Benneth »

Bad gut flora can give you Alzheimers, make you go insane: eat sauerkraut?
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/artic ... =955798773

John Benneth, Homoeopath
PG Hom - London (Hons.)
http://johnbenneth.com
503- 819 - 7777 (USA)

healthinfo6

Re: Grain Brain

Post by healthinfo6 »

Has to be raw sauerkraut.
Synergy Kombucha drink, fermented kombucha in article, is raw and available in most health food stores, Whole Foods.
Trilogy is my fav with tangy raspberries, tart lemons and spicy ginger.
http://synergydrinks.com/index.php/prod ... gy-trilogy
Susan

Vicki Satta

Post by Vicki Satta »

John,

Thanks for the article. I would have missed it, and I want to read the book!

Je suis FERMENTISTA! .... and YES eat sauerkraut, and not necessarily the Mercola way. Here is the link to the interview Dr. Mercola did w/Sandor Katz, my fermentation guru. Watch the whole thing and you will see that Dr. Mercola is on a new BUSINESS venture and then you will see Sandor, the # 1 fermentation guru in the world, knock off his arguments about starter cultures. Some processes require starter cultures/spores. I will be making natto for the first time in the first/second week of June. That one requires spores and heat, which is radically different from the wild fermentation Sandor teaches his students. I'm trying to find the way to produce the heat without spending money I don't have on a dehydrator... but once I have the tools I seriously intend to eat natto myself, but I think only true blue health addicts will be able to get past the smell!!

Here is the link:

Mercola is selling CULTURES that you do not need to ferment food. Yes, healing the gut is the most important step anyone can take toward overall health. I live it. I preach it. I follow my own sermons! However, once you understand that Mercola has a $$$ interest in fermentation, then I recommend that you visit wildfermentation.com and that it becomes your source of knowledge about fermentation.

Thanks for sending this link... it will help me make my case!

Now that Big Pharma knows it's true, they are nervous. The research about fermentation is out there and advancing daily. We are on a roll ... silently and without much noise because our intent in teaching and providing product for those who are too busy to ferment their own food. Our mission is being advanced by love and concern for humanity. My vision is to teach moms and dads to grow their own food and ferment it in their own kitchens. Parents are the only ones who can teach the children of the future how to eat! That's how we all learned. I'm always grateful to my mom for never buying Coke and Pepsi as we grew up. Once they are hooked on fast/processed/sugar JUNK FOOD it's difficult because they are expecting the same sugary taste in anything they drink!

I've had interesting experiences even trying to introduce Beet Kvass to young people. Unless they are athletic and need it the nutrients in the kvass to increase their stamina, they tend to say NO to the taste and the nutrients in beets! After talking with this 24 year-old kid last week he told me: 1) he had never eaten beets in his life; 2) he drinks fruit drinks (made by Coke and Pepsi) and eats processed food; 3) he seeks health but he didn't like the Beet Kvass. So I will ferment water kefir grains and come up with a second ferment that meets his taste requirements!

I drink BEET KVASS multiple times a day. I'm writing up a product work sheet for each of the ferments I recommend as starters. While googling BEET KVASS I discovered a commercial product (beet SHOTS) that a corporate entity is selling to athletes! I looked at the product, read the hype and pushed myself further toward the education component of my small business. Why? Because if (in the USA especially) we don't teach young moms and dads to grow their own food and to ferment it in their kitchens, the American children and the American healthcare future will continue to spiral down. Why would someone think a shot of beet juice in a bottle is better than fresh kvass? I think it's because they simply eat what they have always eaten. They have to be educated. People who learn to eat healthy food become responsible for their own health become better patients for homeopaths! I'd love to see every homeopath in this group hook up with a fermentista who can work with their patients. I'm working on an introduction to fermentation to present to a local naturopath I had a meet and greet with 2 years ago! She offers nutrition consults to her, and it seems like a good idea for expanding my business, so let's see what happens.

Anyway, I also found some great research on KIMCHI while working on my product work sheets. It's also a new project for June or July after the hot peppers are growing and being harvested. I can get a recipe anywhere and make Kimchi, but I'm going directly to the Korean community and some people I know who make it like we make bacon and eggs for breakfast. I want to teach the real thing.

End of my rant! But John, do encourage your patients to ferment and improve the way they eat... YES! It should make your work easier, no?

Vicki

homeopath

Post by homeopath »

Can you copy paste this article, as the link is apparently shows encrypted numbers only.
Ovais

Sent from Type Mail

Be careful about reading health books—you may die of a misprint ~ attributed to Mark Twain (1835-1910).

Return to “Minutus YahooGroup Archives”