Prostate question

Here you will find all the discussions from the time this group was hosted on YahooGroups and groups.io
You can browse through these topics and reply to them as needed.
It is not possible to start new topics in this forum. Please use the respective other forums most related to your topic.
D C Rona

Prostate question

Post by D C Rona »

A gentleman in late 70's is having one symptom – must rise frequently at night to urinate, with slight diminishment in flow. No pain, no burning, no discharge, no feeling of incomplete emptying, no daytime symptoms. About 15 years ago he had these symptoms – which later developed to point where flow was very difficult, back pressure developed sufficient to injure one kidney, and he had TURP (transurethral resection of the prostate). No cancer detected, procedure worked, urination restored until about 3 months ago. (He does see his MD and urologist regularly and there are no current 'warning signs' of prostate cancer.) He would like to avoid another TURP. Stress is definitely a factor in his life at this time. There are no other physical symptoms, and he is active (yoga and dancing). Yes – I know I am not presenting the full case – this is a simple question about remedies to study that are specifically associated with prostate health/symptoms.
Exploring the remedies usually associated with prostate issues – most have characteristic pains, burning, or discharges as part of their picture. Very few seem to be specific to the 'general' situation of simple enlargement of the prostate and difficulty passing urine. So far, only Sabal serrulata and ferrum picricum come up for their association with senile prostatic hypertrophy and night time frequency, without the additional symptoms. Anyone have suggestions about other remedies I should make sure to study or experiences you could share that might help this gentleman?
Thank you in advance.
Donna

D C Rona PhD, ND, DHM
www.NaturopathOnTheWeb.com
Rona@consultant.com

vicki h

Re: Prostate question

Post by vicki h »

sorry this has nothing to do with homeopathic remedies, but when my son eats wheat he has to go pee ever hour it seems. it effects him in the daytime too, but not to the extent as when he is laying down or sitting too long. but he is only 17 yo

To: minutus@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, August 9, 2012 1:53 PM
Subject: Re: [Minutus] Prostate question
A gentleman in late 70's is having one symptom – must rise frequently at night to urinate, with slight diminishment in flow. No pain, no burning, no discharge, no feeling of incomplete emptying, no daytime symptoms. About 15 years ago he had these symptoms – which later developed to point where flow was very difficult, back pressure developed sufficient to injure one kidney, and he had TURP (transurethral resection of the prostate). No cancer detected, procedure worked, urination restored until about 3 months ago. (He does see his MD and urologist regularly and there are no current 'warning signs' of prostate cancer.) He would like to avoid another TURP. Stress is definitely a factor in his life at this time. There are no other physical symptoms, and he is active (yoga and dancing). Yes – I know I am not presenting the full case – this is a simple question about remedies to study that are specifically associated with prostate health/symptoms.
Exploring the remedies usually associated with prostate issues – most have characteristic pains, burning, or discharges as part of their picture. Very few seem to be specific to the 'general' situation of simple enlargement of the prostate and difficulty passing urine. So far, only Sabal serrulata and ferrum picricum come up for their association with senile prostatic hypertrophy and night time frequency, without the additional symptoms. Anyone have suggestions about other remedies I should make sure to study or experiences you could share that might help this gentleman?
Thank you in advance.
Donna

D C Rona PhD, ND, DHM
Rona@consultant.com

comdyne2002

Post by comdyne2002 »

Sounds like a classic case of gluten intolerance. This is easy to test for and this simple test works with most allergic reactions to foods.

The test was developed by the late Dr. Arthur Coca and is a real winner IMO.

While resting and before eating, take your pulse. Eat one suspect type of food and wait 15 minutes and take your pulse again while still resting, of course. If the pulse rate goes either up or down by more than 10 points, your body is reacting to the substance. Most of the time the rate will go up but it can also go down; don't know why and Dr. Coca didn't explain it or I wasn't paying that much attention. He wrote a book about titled 'The Pulse Test'. Caveat Emptor! Carmi Hazen

----------------------------------------------------------------------

...when my son eats wheat he has to go pee ever hour it seems. it effects him in the daytime too, but not to the extent as when he is laying down or sitting too long. but he is only 17 yo

Lora

Post by Lora »

think about Urtica Urens-- In several clinical studies the nettles have demonstrated effectiveness in the treatment of many prostate conditions. The nettles make more testosterone bioavailable for the body's use by blocking the sex hormone-binding globulin. This sex hormone binding globulin has been linked to prostate disorders.
Lora

Dr. DHMS

Post by Dr. DHMS »

For prostate issues normally HPV is responsible. Anti HPVs can be thought of if there is fear of enlargement, like Thuja, Lyco, Calc and Staph.

Sent: Thursday, August 9, 2012 10:53 PM
Thank you in advance.
Donna

D C Rona PhD, ND, DHM
Rona@consultant.com

Sheri Nakken

Post by Sheri Nakken »

we don't treat or try to eliminate HPV which isn't really the cause anyway.
We treat the whole person and the whole symptom picture - not some so-called virus, which is not alive anyway.

Sheri

At 08:54 PM 8/9/2012, you wrote:
Sheri Nakken, former R.N., MA, Hahnemannian Homeopath
http://homeopathycures.wordpress.com/ & http://vaccinationdangers.wordpress.com/
ONLINE/Email classes in Homeopathy; Vaccine Dangers; Childhood Diseases
Next classes start August 2

healthinfo6

Post by healthinfo6 »

Donna,
I've been using the herb Parsley in a capsule from Nature's Way and have looked at the remedy PETROSELINUM SATIVUM which is parsley. It has a rubric sudden urge to urinate. Cantharis is also mentioned for that. Parsley is also very high vitamin K.
http://www.edoses.com/homeopathic-medic ... tivum.html
http://www.homeopathyayurveda.com/remed ... s/parsley/
Susan

Soroush Ebrahimi

Post by Soroush Ebrahimi »

Dear Sheri
Dr Shahrdar's (owner of Minutus) work shows that many micro organisms are causal in acutes and the subsequent chronic diseases.
He had shown his work in Repertorium Virosum (unfortunately Hacked and about to be re-established).
You said:

"We treat the whole person and the whole symptom picture" Absolutely correct.
You continued " - not some so-called virus, which is not alive anyway."
The micro organisms may remain alive in the system - as per cases of post MMR gut problems and also shingles.
But in the same way that the micro organism for syphilis creates the syphilitic picture, about which Hn wrote extensively, all others are able to do the same and create their own pictures. This is the true meaning of miasm. It takes an expert to recognise such pictures. Dr Shahrdar's repertory is a great aid in this regard.
Kind regards

Soroush
From: minutus@yahoogroups.com [mailto:minutus@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Sheri Nakken
Sent: 10 August 2012 05:22
we don't treat or try to eliminate HPV which isn't really the cause anyway.
We treat the whole person and the whole symptom picture - not some so-called virus, which is not alive anyway.

Sheri

At 08:54 PM 8/9/2012, you wrote:
Sheri Nakken, former R.N., MA, Hahnemannian Homeopath
http://homeopathycures.wordpress.com/ & http://vaccinationdangers.wordpress.com/
ONLINE/Email classes in Homeopathy; Vaccine Dangers; Childhood Diseases
Next classes start August 2

Jeff Tikari gmail

Post by Jeff Tikari gmail »

I would like to suggest Baryta Carb
Jeff

Jeff Tikari gmail

Post by Jeff Tikari gmail »

Regarding treating the whole person, there are exceptions...pls see aphor 7
Jeff