Corona Virus - why so severe?

Here you will find all the discussions from the time this group was hosted on YahooGroups and groups.io
You can browse through these topics and reply to them as needed.
It is not possible to start new topics in this forum. Please use the respective other forums most related to your topic.
Debra Lamana

Corona Virus - why so severe?

Post by Debra Lamana »

Hello All,
I have been trying to find credible information about the actual symptoms of the corona virus in China that are leading patients to succumb. Has anyone found any reports that explain whether patients are dying due to organ failure? high fever than can not be controlled? Other? What is the leading cause of death? Is it the same for most people who succumb?
It seems essential to find out what is causing the death of people with this illness, to better understand what is taking place and in the event that it should become widespread in this country. Deb L.

Dale Moss

Re: Corona Virus - why so severe?

Post by Dale Moss »

Alas, there have been no detailed reports about the symptoms of the corona virus. According to one survivor’s account, his initial symptom was that he was so exhausted he couldn’t eat, then body aches, then later that he was coughing so much he thought he’d die.. He ran a fever, but it doesn’t seem to have gone over 102F. No description of his cough or whatever else was going on, of course, because the medical profession doesn’t see the value of symptoms. Why bother describing what you’re only going to suppress?

Since the corona virus is related to the SARS virus some years back, I’d suggest everyone research how homeopaths treated that.

I also e-mailed my patients, telling them of homeopathy’s illustrious history in dealing with epidemics, warning them against taking ANY anti-pyretic should they run a fever, and setting out a few simple things to do to protect themselves.

Peace,
Dale

Steve Scrutton

Post by Steve Scrutton »

This website suggests the main symptoms, and some matching remedies.

Coronavirus homeopathic care - Homeopathy - IQ Homeopathy

The Indian health ministry is currently recommending Arsenic which they feel most matches the current flu outbreak.
India Advises Homeopathic Remedies for Coronavirus - IQ Homeopathy

Basically, the symptoms don’t appear to be much different to ‘regular’ flu - if there is such a thing

Steve Scrutton

Roger

Post by Roger »

I tend to agree with Rappoport that it is another in a long line of over-hyped “epidemics” that will fade in a few months.
SARS, Zika, Ebola, swine flu, etc.

One of the biggest killers in Wuhan until this epidemic was…. pneumonia, from the air pollution. Its one of the most polluted cities in China.

Debra Lamana

Post by Debra Lamana »

Thanks, Dale and All who replied. It is a concern that there is much media hype about deaths in China from this illness, yet so few details specifying the actual symptoms that are leading to loss of life. Perhaps like many viruses it is an opportunistic illness that affects those with chronic illness and the elderly more seriously --and that by exacerbating existing illness, that is what may lead to loss of life? So many unanswered questions. . .
Thanks to all who have posted info with regard to remedy recommendations. Deb L.
Alas, there have been no detailed reports about the symptoms of the corona virus. According to one survivor’s account, his initial symptom was that he was so exhausted he couldn’t eat, then body aches, then later that he was coughing so much he thought he’d die.. He ran a fever, but it doesn’t seem to have gone over 102F. No description of his cough or whatever else was going on, of course, because the medical profession doesn’t see the value of symptoms. Why bother describing what you’re only going to suppress?
Since the corona virus is related to the SARS virus some years back, I’d suggest everyone research how homeopaths treated that.

I also e-mailed my patients, telling them of homeopathy’s illustrious history in dealing with epidemics, warning them against taking ANY anti-pyretic should they run a fever, and setting out a few simple things to do to protect themselves.

Peace,
Dale

Ellen Madono

Post by Ellen Madono »

Hi,

Roger that is an interesting perception. Die from pollution. Lots of cities in China are at risk then. India should be a scary place too. I doubt that pollution is the only factor.

I am watching how people get the virus. The prodromal period is so long and symptoms do not necessarily show. That is the allopathic idea of symptoms are not showing. In influenza, some people do not show symptoms but they can be contagious. Paul Herscu says that the reaction to the coronavirus is slow. This seems to be true based on Japanese News reporting on individual cases. After taking the appropriate remedy, 2 days are needed before the effect of the remedy shows. According to Japanese news, before they got the laboratory testing equipment organized, people would go into the hospital several times with what looked like pneumonia. After about the 3rd time and support from lab testing, they would get the verdict of the coronavirus. That could be 10 days into the beginning of symptoms. If you look at Herscu's timeline, most of the symptoms should be gone. http://paulherscuepidemics.blogspot.com ... tions.html

Herscu is suggesting Gels. The Japanese evening news is also describing "dumb, droopy, dull and dizzy." (No one talks about dizzy actually, but the 4th D is compulsive). The extreme weakness that does not improve after a week seems central to choosing Gels. But this is not a treatment for organ failure or even pneumonia. It is the remedy for an influenza-like prodromal period. As in influenza, if the early symptoms can be alleviated, then the symptoms are not likely to progress. In addition, Herscu suggests the typical influenza symptoms for Merc, Eup-perf for body aching and if not the Bryonia type lack of movement and sociability or Ars coldness then go in that direction. I do not know what experience he is basing these suggestions on. There were outbreaks in Egypt around 2012, so this is not an unknown disease. But the point is, at first it looks like influenza. Since it is so easy to get the virus, everyone around the patient should be looking for those influenza symptoms. The Japanese are saying 85% will not progress to even mild hospital symptoms. 3% will become serious. On the other hand, they say nothing that suggests that they actually go to China and find out what is going on. I suspect that the Taiwanese are the best informed. I think what we are all asking is what are the symptoms if the problem gets past the prodromal state? You have to be already very weak to immediately experience organ failure. So, what are the pneumonia symptoms? Read the newspaper coming from Taiwan and Hong Kong?

I have a question. If the pneumonia-like symptoms vary based on other chronic diseases of air pollution, should the genius epidemicus be still effective? I can see finding a genius epidemicus in the prodromal state, but if later, isn't this kind of prolonged disease already individualizing? Maybe there is a genius epidemicus for the start of pneumonia-like symptoms. Not for organ failure.

Lou Klein said around 2012 that the Egyptian cases showed a specific weakness for the Kidney. The bat as the carrier for SARs seemed particularly interesting to him although the Egyptian case the carrier was the Camel.
Ellen Madono

Rochelle Marsden

Post by Rochelle Marsden »

Thank you Ellen, I found that an interesting and informative sensible read!!
Rochelle
Rochelle Marsden MSC RSHom MNWCH

Southport Homeopathic Practice

Registered Homeopath and EFT ( Advanced) Practitioner, Matrix Reimprinting Practitioner

www.southporthomeopathy.co.uk

https://www.facebook.com/southporthomeopathicpractice/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/621281734568831/

http://www.southporthomeopathy.co.uk/privacy_notice

I am on a register accredited by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA)
From: minutus@yahoogroups.com [mailto:minutus@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: 17 February 2020 04:39
To: minutus@yahoogroups.com; Debra Lamana
Subject: Re: [Minutus] Corona Virus - why so severe?
Hi,
Roger that is an interesting perception. Die from pollution. Lots of cities in China are at risk then. India should be a scary place too. I doubt that pollution is the only factor.
I am watching how people get the virus.. The prodromal period is so long and symptoms do not necessarily show. That is the allopathic idea of symptoms are not showing. In influenza, some people do not show symptoms but they can be contagious. Paul Herscu says that the reaction to the coronavirus is slow. This seems to be true based on Japanese News reporting on individual cases. After taking the appropriate remedy, 2 days are needed before the effect of the remedy shows. According to Japanese news, before they got the laboratory testing equipment organized, people would go into the hospital several times with what looked like pneumonia.. After about the 3rd time and support from lab testing, they would get the verdict of the coronavirus. That could be 10 days into the beginning of symptoms. If you look at Herscu's timeline, most of the symptoms should be gone. http://paulherscuepidemics.blogspot.com ... tions.html
Herscu is suggesting Gels. The Japanese evening news is also describing "dumb, droopy, dull and dizzy." (No one talks about dizzy actually, but the 4th D is compulsive). The extreme weakness that does not improve after a week seems central to choosing Gels. But this is not a treatment for organ failure or even pneumonia. It is the remedy for an influenza-like prodromal period. As in influenza, if the early symptoms can be alleviated, then the symptoms are not likely to progress. In addition, Herscu suggests the typical influenza symptoms for Merc, Eup-perf for body aching and if not the Bryonia type lack of movement and sociability or Ars coldness then go in that direction. I do not know what experience he is basing these suggestions on. There were outbreaks in Egypt around 2012, so this is not an unknown disease. But the point is, at first it looks like influenza. Since it is so easy to get the virus, everyone around the patient should be looking for those influenza symptoms. The Japanese are saying 85% will not progress to even mild hospital symptoms. 3% will become serious. On the other hand, they say nothing that suggests that they actually go to China and find out what is going on. I suspect that the Taiwanese are the best informed. I think what we are all asking is what are the symptoms if the problem gets past the prodromal state? You have to be already very weak to immediately experience organ failure. So, what are the pneumonia symptoms? Read the newspaper coming from Taiwan and Hong Kong?
I have a question. If the pneumonia-like symptoms vary based on other chronic diseases of air pollution, should the genius epidemicus be still effective? I can see finding a genius epidemicus in the prodromal state, but if later, isn't this kind of prolonged disease already individualizing? Maybe there is a genius epidemicus for the start of pneumonia-like symptoms. Not for organ failure.
Lou Klein said around 2012 that the Egyptian cases showed a specific weakness for the Kidney. The bat as the carrier for SARs seemed particularly interesting to him although the Egyptian case the carrier was the Camel.
Ellen Madono

Dale Moss

Post by Dale Moss »

Hi, Ellen

Herscu’s remedy suggestions are based on what he’s seen in the Northeastern U.S. in conventional flu. It has nothing to do with the corona virus, as so far no American homeopaths have seen a case. So far…

If there is a long prodrome, with significant weakness and exhaustion manifesting before other symptoms, Gelsemium would be a good remedy to keep in mind.

I’m curious as to how the Chinese are treating this. I’d suspect they’re using pharmaceutical antivirals, not herbs. To what effect? The conventional stand-by here is Tamiflu, which shortens conventional influenza by only a day at best.

Peace,
Dale

Bob Needham

Post by Bob Needham »

THanks Ellen for this VERY informative information. I t certainly gives one a good symptom guideline to watch for as well as remedies to consider.

bob

Return to “Minutus YahooGroup Archives”