Important: Discussions on vaccinations are not permitted, here!

In this forum, we have placed all the messages related to migrating the YahooGroup to this Forum so you can see what happened. These messages have been moved here from the YahooGroups Archive. The forum has been locked, no new posts allowed.
Kristy Lampe

Re: Important: Discussions on vaccinations are not permitted, here!

Post by Kristy Lampe »

It's pretty common in homeopathy to treat the bad effects of any kind of health issue... colds, flus, cuts (surgical or accidental), grief, prescription medications, etc.
We even have a whole bunch of rubrics called "Never well since..." (insert your "Befallment" word here)
Hahnemann's concept of "miasms" arose from carefully observing the pattern of long-term bad effects of surviving 'something' long enough to procreate.
Perhaps we should find a way to discuss our cases that doesn't mention the current buzz-words?
Kristy

Shannon Nelson

Post by Shannon Nelson »

Hi Peter,

I’d love some clarification. There is actually a vast difference between whether a group is “dedicated to the promotion of anti-vaccination ideologies”, and whether “vaccinations” itself is a “forbidden topic”. A vast and important difference — are you able to tell us just which is the case here, where the line would be drawn?

Thanks,
Shannon

Ginny Wilken

Post by Ginny Wilken »

Peter, I concur. "Net Neutrality" is a buzzword for something that will actually rob us of freedom and reward the big money enterprises. It is very rare to find anything rational in the media about it. Thank you for clarifying; everyone needs to understand.
On the vaccine issue, it should be easy enough for homeopaths to discuss damage from them without railing loudly against the vaccines and their use. We are, after all, focused on symptoms, not causes. The bots that comb through posts are looking for buzzwords we can pretty easily avoid, I would think.

ginny

--

Ginny Wilken

gwilken@fastmai

Peter Walker
Site Admin

Post by Peter Walker »

I just sent this message to their support (most likely Mark himself) asking for clarification:
Hi,

I have been running a project to archive about 70 Health-Related Yahoo Groups before they all went offline, as many of them had really important information in them, yet they were often being run by people not technically capable of saving their groups, themselves. I assisted quite a few groups to migrate to groups.io and other platforms and one question that came up quite often was the policy to not permit "Groups dedicated to the promotion of anti-vaccination ideologies. "

So, let me explain the kind of questions I was being asked, and frankly did not know what to advise. With thousands of documented cases of healthy kids being harmed for life within a week of being vaccinated, there were many of these groups that at least discussed the problem of how to reduce the risks by vaccinating later, choosing which kind of vaccine to accept (for example some advised to only use kosher vaccines as Jews are clever and rightly especially careful) as some vaccines have much lower risk factors than others (maybe at higher cost), advising to only vaccinate when the child is healthy as many problems were being observed when children were vaccinated while being ill because the illness plus the vaccine overloaded the immune system. Then there were discussions as to if to avoid vaccines with Thiomersal, as many see dangers in that kind of vaccine. Discussions advising against vaccinating at all are actually rare, but there are certainly discussions providing good advice as to how, when and which vaccines are to be used and I think censoring advice like that will only lead to more kids and adults getting hurt trough ignorance. Being forced to vaccinate while the kid was ill or too young was seen as one of the most dangerous avoidable scenarios where groups like these can provide good advice.

Then there are the cases of those that had already apparently been harmed by vaccines seeking advice as to how to detoxify, which remedies helped such people to regain their health again. Discussions were often simply advising people to ensure they are healthy when they get their shots and to perhaps delay vaccinating little kids as the statistics showed the risks were greatly reduced when the kids got their shots at an older age - that kind of thing. Now I would not class any of those discussions as being "anti-vaccination" - more "better vaccination" by advising people how to minimise the risks by sharing good information and advice.

So, with all these open questions, we need clearer guidelines as to what kind of discussions are permitted on groups.io and which are not. Then there is the fact that there were no such restrictions on YahooGroups and then after these groups have migrated to groups.io, do the owners then have to read through many thousands of past messages in their archives to then actively delete any past discussions that were vaccine related? Does this policy apply only to discussions made on groups.io, or can some long-forgotten discussion from say 2001 result in a group being deleted simply because the owner had missed that old topic as it was so long ago?

So, as you can see, this is not a black and white issue, it is hard to understand where the limits lie and which discussions are permissible and which are not. None of the groups I am talking about are "dedicated to avoiding vaccinations" as such, but these topics do sometimes get asked as people are simply looking for advice both pre-emptively and after the worst has happened. I personally think that advice should be permitted that allows parents to reduce the risks of vaccinations by learning the best and safest possible ways of using vaccines safely and there are cases where pre-existing conditions and allergies may mean the best would be to not take or at least delay certain vaccines.

What do we have to do to abide by this rule? Which of these scenarios are permissible and which have to be censored? Do these groups have to retroactively delete past discussions or does this only apply to new discussions here on groups.io

As you can see, there is a lot of confusion about this policy and I am simply asking these questions to better advise these groups and to avoid groups being deleted out of ignorance or because they missed to delete some discussion from 1999.

I look forward to a qualified answer to this important topic as all these groups simple just want to help people have better, healthy lives.

Shannon Nelson

Post by Shannon Nelson »

Peter, this is a wonderful note — and we’ll very much look forward to the answers!
Shannon

Carol Boyce

Post by Carol Boyce »

Thanks for your patience Peter while we sort all this out.
Much as I hate to say this, and as ridiculous as the situation is, it is the time when certain discussions will be censored in the mainstream internet - as they already are within MSM.
Who pays the piper calls the tune.
We are in the middle of a huge paradigm shift as we move from material to immaterial - homeopaths and others like Rife are used to this - they have spent their whole careers

working in a realm denied by vested interests of the material world and not yet fully accepted by the general public.

It is crucial to preserve our archives and make them accessible to homeopaths - the member list is also important although I know it had been infiltrated as all our groups have been.
Homeopaths are in the firing line at the moment re the V topic and it is hard to discuss the topic even in our closed groups unless we have been able to vet every member. Impossible

in Minutus.

I am very much against censorship and I also accept that at this point in our history we may have to do things that are less than ideal in order to keep the flame of truth alive.
Will look forward to io's response to your questions Peter and if we have to keep such discussions to a particular forum as you suggested in order to preserve the rest then I am (reluctantly) willing to so
for the bigger vision.
Carol B

Carol Boyce

Post by Carol Boyce »

Thanks for your patience Peter while we sort all this out.
Much as I hate to say this, and as ridiculous as the situation is, it is the time when certain discussions will be censored in the mainstream internet - as they already are within MSM.
Who pays the piper calls the tune.
We are in the middle of a huge paradigm shift as we move from material to immaterial - homeopaths and others like Rife are used to this - they have spent their whole careers

working in a realm denied by vested interests of the material world and not yet fully accepted by the general public.

It is crucial to preserve our archives and make them accessible to homeopaths - the member list is also important although I know it had been infiltrated as all our groups have been.
Homeopaths are in the firing line at the moment re the V topic and it is hard to discuss the topic even in our closed groups unless we have been able to vet every member. Impossible

in Minutus.

I am very much against censorship and I also accept that at this point in our history we may have to do things that are less than ideal in order to keep the flame of truth alive.
Will look forward to io's response to your questions Peter and if we have to keep such discussions to a particular forum as you suggested in order to preserve the rest then I am (reluctantly) willing to so
for the bigger vision.
Carol B

Peter Walker
Site Admin

Post by Peter Walker »

I am now already working on a new forum system that will solve all these issues. It will contain all the previous posts from Yahoo, be easy to use, have no censorship issues at all (just no personal attacks), and if all things work well, will even allow posting via email.

We will be the test forum for this new system so might have glitches at first, but from what I have seen so far, this will be perfect for this group.

Only problem, we need to raise the costs of this implementation of $300 (one time only). So far, only $10 has come in and I certainly do not plan to pay the $290 out of my pocket. So please get everyone to contribute to pay these costs as we cannot release to everyone until the costs are met. I am open to let some beta testers try it out when it is ready.

Return to “Migration Archive”