Changes to the Minutus YahooGroup - Posting via Email!

Welcome to the Minutus Forum. If you have technical question or comments about this forum, please post them here so that we can see them and respond.
Peter Walker
Site Admin

Changes to the Minutus YahooGroup - Posting via Email!

Post by Peter Walker »

Every time a whole bunch of individual messages get sent out from the YahooGroup, I get a whole load of emails asking me to remove them from the YahooGroup. The latest "SOS" topic brought in a lot of complaints and we lost a load of important members including some who had been posting themselves until recently.

In order to prevent further damage to the group, I have been forced to restrict posting to the YahooGroup so that only the Daily Digest can go out as arranged.

Posting to the forum and even the Minutus groups.io group have not been affected and posts there can continue as before. The best way to reach the entire group is simply to post on the Minutus Forum. I sent out posts with videos only yesterday, explaining how to do that. Posts to the forum are sent out via the digest to the YahooGroup and as individual emails to groups.io.

The forum unfortunately does not have the technical infrastructure to accept posts via email. phpBB forums have been in use since 2000 and none of the developers found this to be an important feature in all these years as it is so easy to post online or via the app.

I have obtained a quote from the programmer to add this functionality to the forum. It would have to be specially programmed to add this functionality. 

Regards

Peter Walker
https://minutus.forums.group

P.S. If you have problems logging into the forum after following instructions, send me a message with a list of all the email addresses you used on the YahooGroup and I will help you to get logged in. I will keep supporting your group until the end of April, after that I will ask Soroush to take over.

Peter Walker
Site Admin

Re: Changes to the Minutus YahooGroup - Posting via Email!

Post by Peter Walker »

I am glad to announce a change of plan as follows:

The Forums.Group project is about to be announced on InDieGoGo as a new project with the aim of raising enough funds to fully fund the entire project and at the same time make it much more well known to the wider world. Forums.Group has been setup to provide a new means of migrating lost YahooGroups to a new platform with their existing archives and members.

The Posting via Email addition is to be funded through incoming funds from backers and of course that feature will then be added to this forum. It may take a little longer to implement, but it does mean you guys do not have to pay anything for this feature, just be a little patient while it is being implemented. Although posting via email was not planned and I personally do not see a need for it, I do understand that such a feature will make it easier for those transitioning from being used to a mailing list and a forum.

So hold tight, your new forum will be getting even better, soon.

Feel free to post new topics and replies on the forum, now. If you are having problems logging in, send me a message with a list of all the email addresses you have used on the YahooGroup and groups.io and I will check it out for you.

Return to “Forum Feedback”