Homeopathy is Dying

Here you will find all the discussions from the time this group was hosted on YahooGroups and groups.io
You can browse through these topics and reply to them as needed.
It is not possible to start new topics in this forum. Please use the respective other forums most related to your topic.
Roger

Homeopathy is Dying

Post by Roger »

Well, not dying exactly, but getting old.

I havent attended a lot of homeopathy workshops but the ones that I have are attended by 50-70s year old folks. These are people who found out about homeopathy the old fashioned way in the 1980’s and 90’s during the resurgence of homeopathy. It had almost died prior to that and people like Vithoulkas and this students resuscitated it.

The Gen X and Millennials seem to be MIA. Please, correct me on this if you see otherwise. They came of age with the internet and social media which is strongly biased against homeopathy. If you havent read the wikipedia article on homeopathy, you should. Its a complete hit piece.

I think we as homeopaths have to work to reach out to these younger folks and get them interested in homeopathy or it will die.

Roger

Ellen Madono

Re: Homeopathy is Dying

Post by Ellen Madono »

Dear Roger,

I am not sure about how to attract the younger generation. My kids are interested in simple stuff like not getting the coronavirus. They are the generation that you are talking about. I am preparing info letters on homeoprophylaxis. Elderly people respond, but my kids do too. My idea is to lead them in with one hook and then another.

However, I don't have a lot of hope for them.. They seem to have a poor short term memory. I help them and they forget. They are not at all interested in why I could help them. I was always interested in self-sufficiency. So, being able to heal myself was important. They think all the good stuff are a given.. They plan to buy it all in a store. I think of their attitude as a lack off gratitude. Not to me, but to the principles that are involved in attaining good things like healing. I raised them poorly.

Blessings,
Ellen

Rebekah Azzarelli

Post by Rebekah Azzarelli »

Dear Ellen,
I don't think you did a poor job of parenting! It's not everyone's interest to be self sufficient with healing, that's why historically there have been healers. If everyone was focused on healthcare not a lot else would ever get done.

My adult children will ask for a remedy and defend homeopathy (well especially me) if someone is being ignorant about it and saying it doesn't work or it's just a placebo, but they have no interest in pursuing learning more about it. They have a healthy if not a little intense skepticism of conventional medicine so I appreciate that. My youngest is nine so he doesn't really know that there's anything else.

I disagree that homeopathy is dying and I know many young mothers (social media reveals this!) who are pursuing learning homeopathy, starting with caring for their families and some go on to study more formally. There are powerful forces working against homeopathy, as always, but there's still love and interest.

All the best,
Rebekah

Kristy Lampe

Post by Kristy Lampe »

Hello Roger,
I attended the Joint American Homeopathic Conference put on by NCH last June in Baltimore.
Yes, it was a great “old-time-reunion” for us older folks, but I was pleasantly surprised at the number of young-ish attendees – I believe there were about 40 students from the various homeopathic schools, and quite a number of moms there to learn how to use homeopathy for themselves and their families.
Many of the students could afford to come because they were awarded scholarships from various homeopathic manufacturers.
Moms came because Baltimore was within driving distance of their homes, and because they felt welcomed in the milieu. Two of them mentioned to me that they hoped to study formally in a few years after their children were a bit older.
Many of us ‘older folk’ got our start in homeopathy because we attended a seminar, a lecture, or a study group.
If we would take it upon ourselves to take our knowledge and love of homeopathy out into our communities NOW, we might be able to foster the next generation of homeopaths.
Kristy

Virus-free. www.avg.com

Roger

Post by Roger »

Encouraging news

Roger

Return to “Minutus YahooGroup Archives”