Re aspirin and blood pressure meds of elderly

Here you will find all the discussions from the time this group was hosted on YahooGroups and groups.io
You can browse through these topics and reply to them as needed.
It is not possible to start new topics in this forum. Please use the respective other forums most related to your topic.
Carol Orr

Re aspirin and blood pressure meds of elderly

Post by Carol Orr »

Just heard that France and Italy are telling their people to stop aspirin and ibuprofen and some other things. Maybe the elderly are being attacked because many are on baby aspirin as a blood thinner. Or even any blood thinner . Or the kind of blood pressure meds they are on. Just watched a YouTube about mice who were given sars and the blood pressure meds that ended in “pril” and died. That video recommended calcium channel blockers over the pril meds and maybe ace inhibitors but I’m not sure cause don’t have that kind of mind . But here is the video:

Sent from my iPhone

Dana Ullman, MPH

Re: Re aspirin and blood pressure meds of elderly

Post by Dana Ullman, MPH »

Friends,

Here's the GUARDIAN's article on anti-inflammatories:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... -infection

As many of you know, I've been writing about avoiding ANY fever-suppressing drug from the beginning of thi epidemic...and I predicted problems and deaths linked to their usage, just like what happened during the 1918 flu pandemic!

--Dana Ullman

Heidi Junger

Post by Heidi Junger »

I remember you saying this, Dana. Thank you for sharing!

'Modern' people seem to have lost the knowledge that the body has ways to at least try to re-balance itself.

In my childhood, we let fevers run their course, and even encouraged them when we had the flu (used many extra blankets to increase the temperature measured by increased sweating).
Heidi
Friends,

Here's the GUARDIAN's article on anti-inflammatories:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... -infection

As many of you know, I've been writing about avoiding ANY fever-suppressing drug from the beginning of thi epidemic....and I predicted problems and deaths linked to their usage, just like what happened during the 1918 flu pandemic!

--Dana Ullman

Carol Boyce

Post by Carol Boyce »

Yes Dana, agreed. We have all been advising no anti-inflammatories, no paracetamol, asprin etc - let the fever do it's work.

Italians have been using Ibuprofen at home with impunity apparently.

There is also the issue of Hypertensives taking ACE inhibitors as a complicating factor.
I have been doing a lot of number crunching to help people get their feet back on the ground and encourage people to come out from behind their fear filter.
I've been ciculating this - better coming from a Dr but the figures concur.
https://swprs.org/a-swiss-doctor-on-covid-19/
What we should be much more concerned about is the amount of social control being imposed - most / all of

which will still be on the statute books when this blows over.
Carol B

Return to “Minutus YahooGroup Archives”