Moving archives to another site

In this forum, we have placed all the messages related to migrating the YahooGroup to this Forum so you can see what happened. These messages have been moved here from the YahooGroups Archive. The forum has been locked, no new posts allowed.
Sherill

Moving archives to another site

Post by Sherill »

I would move to MeWe. Tanya what do you know about it being not that friendly?

Sherill
From: minutus@yahoogroups.com [mailto:minutus@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Sunday, December 15, 2019 3:15 PM
To: minutus@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Minutus] Moving archives to another site (See***)
How about creating a new discussion group on MeWe, which works kind of similarly to FaecesPuke but without all the problems and privacy issues.

Tanya Marquette

Re: Moving archives to another site

Post by Tanya Marquette »

MeWe does not archive anything and if like FB, it is not research friendly. I also do not think

individuals can save their posts as we do with emails.
I also saw one group move there and shortly thereafter move to Io where they could

archive their files and communications.

t

Victoria Mashevsky

Post by Victoria Mashevsky »

Why in the world would we move to .io if they already suppress anti-vac discussion?! Even if they will preserve all 3000+ membership, what is the point to have all these members who can't talk openly? Honestly, I was so impressed with Rife group after my short encounter with it, that I do not understand why can we not move there?

carol

Post by carol »

Why aren’t we thinking or talking about rife . Maybe I’m incorrect but it sounds like it would cost 3.00 per person and rife has already transferred all the files/archives to their site. And how are we all communicating anyway since it is after the 14th? Are things just the same as always except there will be no saving of anything in archives anymore? I don’t know if rife got a complete file of all our email addresses.. but surely , if not , someone could help Sororesh figure it out.

Sent from my iPhone

Tanya Marquette

I don't know about Rife group. Does it preserve the archives and files?

My original objection to Io was the potential censuring as well as the fee to move which could have

been avoided if we did it ourselves. My change in position was out of desperation to see our group

saved--at least until we found a better home.
t

Tanya Marquette

Oh, that sounds complicated.
Your group will not archive our posts?

Can we research the archives?

No emails from your group? OOOh, that is nasty for me. I really do not like going onto the web

to get my emails.

What do you mean that messages cannot be inserted into the forum system? Are you meaning the old messages?

I think the old messages can be inserted into Io--am I correct on this?

t

Return to “Migration Archive”