Saving Archives - More info

In this forum, we have placed all the messages related to migrating the YahooGroup to this Forum so you can see what happened. These messages have been moved here from the YahooGroups Archive. The forum has been locked, no new posts allowed.
Debra Lamana

Saving Archives - More info

Post by Debra Lamana »

I am still waiting for the download of my requested data. And, wanted to advise
that it would be wise for several members here to request data for this group (you will in fact receive data for all groups you are subscribed to) because a friend notified me yesterday that two of the data folders she received from YG are corrupted with malware, so not usable.
She has resubmitted the request for her data, but of course, now must wait again. I have no idea how widespread it is that people are receiving data folders that are corrupted with malware.

Also wanted to agree with Leilanae's concern about lack of privacy and data mining with Groups.io. It is linked to Google and FB - that should be the huge tip-off that this group is not a good choice for smart people in this group, those who understand that they sell our personal information for profit and keep everything you write in their mega databases. I don't have the perfect answer about a group site that is not data-mined. However, there are groups that are fee-based for service that might be safer. It does not seem to be wise to move to Groups. io, because others are saying it is 'easy' . Deb L.

Return to “Migration Archive”