group files

In this forum, we have placed all the messages related to migrating the YahooGroup to this Forum so you can see what happened. These messages have been moved here from the YahooGroups Archive. The forum has been locked, no new posts allowed.
Tanya Marquette

group files

Post by Tanya Marquette »

The information I am getting from others is that

1. We can download all the files onto different computers. Don't know
how they can be divided as

I don't know how Yahoo works but this is what this other group
did. They they uploaded them onto the new group

2. Given Ardavan's absence over a few years now, I think it safe to
assume he is not interested in his involvement and

wouild have no problem in our taking over the group and moving it.
I am also sure he would support the survival

of our group/files as opposed to losing it all in short order.

t

Debra Lamana

Re: group files

Post by Debra Lamana »

Tanya,
With regard to making copies of the information in Files: at Catwell, several of us downloaded every article one by one. The problem here at Minutus seems to be that 'Files' is not accessible any longer and seems not to have been for some time. When you are on the message board page, the 'button' to click on Files is displayed in gray type, not black, which indicates that it can not be opened.
Perhaps Soroush may have been given the moderator privilege to reset this by Ardavan, but, it is the owner who sets the privileges that even the moderator can perform.
The 'Files' are still active and accessible at Catwell, so something changed in terms of group settings here at Minutus, at some point, such that now Files are not able to be opened. Deb L.

Shannon Nelson

Post by Shannon Nelson »

What might have been in Minutus’ “Files”? I gather that’s unrelated to the old emails?
Shannon

Ellen Madono

Post by Ellen Madono »

My guess is also that Dr. Shahrdar is not corresponding with our group. I have received no notice from his dear friend Nader Moradi either. The world is such an unstable place, it is hard to know what to think.
Best,
Ellen Madono

Leilanae

Post by Leilanae »

Hi Ellen,
I'm in the States. Tonight there was a conversation with a man who now resides in the States. It was his opinion that what is happening has happened before and will probably happen again. The government raises the price of petro and then the price of other things rise too. The people do not agree........ Hopefully things will work out soon.
Atb,

Leilanae

Madih

Post by Madih »

I'm in in any contribution.

Hi Ellen,
I'm in the States. Tonight there was a conversation with a man who now resides in the States. It was his opinion that what is happening has happened before and will probably happen again. The government raises the price of petro and then the price of other things rise too. The people do not agree........ Hopefully things will work out soon.
Atb,

Leilanae

Barbara Stephenson

Post by Barbara Stephenson »

If I remember correctly, the "Files" section was already disabled when I had a look last month. Whether it was empty or disabled at some point by yahoo I do not know.
Yahoo groups have not worked right for years, in particular a lot of things have been broken since they were "neonized".
Barbara

Ellen Madono

Post by Ellen Madono »

Leilanae,
Not sure if you really meant to contact me. The Japanese government put a 2% tax rise and food. Not a peep from the electorate.

Tanya Marquette

I am not sure on what files minutus has/had. It seems that there was a position or policy not to send attachments.

What other files would there be? URL's sent in emails I don't think would be saved as a file? Correct me if I am wrong.

t

Tanya Marquette

Not sure to what you are referring Leilanae?
If talking about group files, in the US this is all being done thru private businesses which is what social media is all about.

Of course they are working in cahoots with the government as government promotes mainstream corporate interests.

This is just a new level of surveillance and control of the public's ability to have its own dialogue and develop its own

narrative. This has always been very frightening to the corporate elites.
t

Return to “Migration Archive”