[P4H] yahoo shutting down all discussion groups!

In this forum, we have placed all the messages related to migrating the YahooGroup to this Forum so you can see what happened. These messages have been moved here from the YahooGroups Archive. The forum has been locked, no new posts allowed.
Tanya Marquette

[P4H] yahoo shutting down all discussion groups!

Post by Tanya Marquette »

here another free group to check out and think about.
i like that they presumably have no censorship of subject matter
There is a Yahoo group called Modsandmembers. I recommend it for anyone trying to move a Yahoo Group to another site. They are very up to date on alternatives,avoiding fees, etc. Groups.io has been overwhelmed by Yahoo groups moving there, but I think it may still be possible to move a smaller list there for free. But it does seem to vary from day to day as they handle the big new load.
Yahoo groups should continue to function as Emailed messages, just no saved messages, files, photos, website, etc.

Cindy T

Shannon Nelson

Re: [P4H] yahoo shutting down all discussion groups!

Post by Shannon Nelson »

Thanks for that, Tanya! From my reading, this looks like a very promising information source rather than any place we could move the list to.

Has anyone here joined it, as a place to glean suggestions from? Tanya, since your concerns are very clear and specific, maybe you would have a chance to check out possibilities with them?

Shannon

Return to “Migration Archive”