IO

In this forum, we have placed all the messages related to migrating the YahooGroup to this Forum so you can see what happened. These messages have been moved here from the YahooGroups Archive. The forum has been locked, no new posts allowed.
Janys

IO

Post by Janys »

IO is great.. Other groups I am on that have switched are already up and running, and everything was transferred beautifully. IO was started by someone who was involved in the original YahooGroup creation.

Only problem now is that they are experiencing a bottleneck jam at this time to all the people switching. They did free transfers until end of August. Started charging $110 to transfer until yesterday, and it is now up to $220. After the year, it goes to free because all the transfer service aren't needed. However, the money was raised in a matter of hours with people on the lists donating to keep them going. This list is large enough to raise funds fast. (I myself would make a contribution of $ ) . It can be done by someone opening an official Paypal account. Also, some are transferring with the thought to transfer somewhere else later if it doesn't work for them. At least everything is painless and easy to do get everything moved. IO is cutting of at the end of November for taking on more people.

Yes the anti-vaccination censorship stance could be troubling. If worse comes to worse, one could transfer later or maybe create a sub group somewhere else for that subject alone, but at least not under this crazy deadline.

Also, I have seen a lot of ambivalence from list owners on other lists I'm on taking the wait and see approach after Oct. 28 since the files won't be deleted until Dec. 14. Absolutely crazy IMO. It certainly will only get harder and more expensive. On one group, I know for sure that the Yahoo group owners are sending messages (maybe through the Yahoo Admin.. line) not getting through to the list on this subject. Maybe that is why we are not hearing something from the Minutus owner on some other lists. (maybe. just a thought).

Don't know Word Press, but doesn't seem work in a format that would work (to me anyway ) for the little I know. IO works like yahooGroups but only more seamless it seems.

Also, personally, I am not on Facebook and never will be so there will be no continuation of this list for me if it moves. Maybe that's the case for others as well. Facebook claims ownership over content for one, could never contain an archive (I think), and is said to be more superficial.
Jan
In a message dated 10/23/2019 5:58:25 PM Eastern Standard Time, minutus@yahoogroups.com writes:

Janys

Re: IO

Post by Janys »

Also Google has joined the censoring companies on all fronts including vaccination. Doesn't seem they wouldn't extend this practice to GoogleGroups or many types of alternative medicine as the search medicine does..
One other group I know tried this at first, but there were problems/headaches from the get go. People couldn't get in even when added to it by the owner first. They trashed the idea of Google Groups in a hurry, thankfully.

Tanya Marquette

Post by Tanya Marquette »

I would stay away from anything Google. They have been integral to surveillance and censorship efforts from the beginning.

We need a platform that has independence from censorship and data collection.

t

Janys

Post by Janys »

That's right. I agree. That's why I mentioned their (Google's) censorship problem.
I was only responding to Shannon's message to compare IO and Wordpress, so shared what I knew about IO. I just threw in the Google Groups at the last minute because I saw it come up elsewhere on this list.

Seems to me an easy choice about a move, but lots of circles from groups all over the place but not up to me.

No decision/action is a decision in itself.
I would stay away from anything Google. They have been integral to surveillance and censorship efforts from the beginning.

We need a platform that has independence from censorship and data collection.

tanya
Hide message history

Shannon Nelson

Post by Shannon Nelson »

Thank you, Jan! Can you say anymore about the format of Wordpress? I guess you are saying it does not offer a choice between Digest or individual emails? Is it one where everything happens on a webpage?

Hennie Duits

Post by Hennie Duits »

https://groups.io/

for info.

Op 24-10-2019 om 23:00 schreef homeopathconsult@aol.com [minutus]:
--
Dit e-mailbericht is gecontroleerd op virussen met Avast antivirussoftware.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus

Return to “Migration Archive”