Saving Archives

In this forum, we have placed all the messages related to migrating the YahooGroup to this Forum so you can see what happened. These messages have been moved here from the YahooGroups Archive. The forum has been locked, no new posts allowed.
Chuck Solomon

Saving Archives

Post by Chuck Solomon »

Mike thinks he will still be able to save our group, despite these comments I found. Hard telling what yahoo will do or when, they just don't care.

Quotes I found:

Yahoo Groups archivists despair as Verizon blocks their preservation efforts ahead of shutdown
Some rumors persist that among the current investors of nextdoor.com 3 are “retired” figures from 3-letter government organizations, suggesting that nextdoor.com 3 is one of those “civilian” companies which does the kind of citizen data-collection which governments are not permitted to do themselves. (For those not familiar with this phenomenon, “retired” government agents launch these “consultant” companies and use their carreer contacts to market and sell dossier “products”, and are therefore government-funded loopholes around laws protecting privacy and democracy).
I have great sympathy for the people and communities affected by this, but I think it’s timely to remind everyone of the rules:

1. Don’t run anything essential on a free service.
2. Don’t run anything without a plan to migrate it elsewhere at a moment’s notice.
3. Don’t run anything on Yahoo!
To that I, Chuck, would add:
Always know what's really goin' on. It's probably not what you think.
GoNaturalHealing.com Please click on: Amazon (banner) Goes to your page on Amazon. Same low prices, order anything.

I am an approved affiliate for Amazon. Affiliate earnings support site. Thank you. My site offers free info on: Foods, herbs, Homeopathy & case studies explained.
Chuck Solomon 310/795-6629 chucksolomon@yahoo.com

Return to “Migration Archive”