DOG with Leaky Heart Valve....

Here you will find all the discussions from the time this group was hosted on YahooGroups and groups.io
You can browse through these topics and reply to them as needed.
It is not possible to start new topics in this forum. Please use the respective other forums most related to your topic.
Vicki Satta

DOG with Leaky Heart Valve....

Post by Vicki Satta »

Leilanae,

10 1/2 years old

They did the first echocardiogram and said the valve was too thick… causing the problem. What I don’t understand is that he was ALWAYS reverse sneezing. Joe and Irene dealt with that AFTER Dr. Dodds diagnosed “hypothyroidism”. From day one when I picked him up at the airport, he was a "different” dog… always searching for food, eating anything he could get in his mouth, reverse sneezing like crazy…always looking for food. To this day I’m not sure if he had hypothyroidism or not, but whatever Dr. Joe and Irene and Joe did stopped what was happening & he seemed healthy again.

So maybe it was the heart then? The first echocardiogram and the other testing showed the valve problem. They ordered Pimobendan 10mg compounded after the first and second tests in a NJ lab, 1/2 Pim given 2 times a day.

This time (2nd test) they ordered the same Pim (a half 2 times a day) and added the Laxis, which has another name on the bottle. He takes a whole pill with the 1/2 Pim and food an hour later.

He drinks a lot of water! I give him “natural spring water”… sourced/bottled in El Dorado Springs canyon near Boulder, so he gets no water from the Denver Water Board! I haven’t tracked the exact amount he drinks per day (should I track it?), but output quickly noted after we started the Lasix. I now have to take him outside every 2-3 hours and after eating!! I have happily changed my schedule so I can take him out. He signals me when he has to go out. I try to write it down, but NOT doing a great job of documenting… but I can say that when we go out, he urinates. Mostly a lot… I’m moving to Costa Rica when his problems are resolved b/c I can’t leave him.

He does make it through the night because we go out before sleeping. Then we go out right away upon awakening...

Now there is no coughing/sneezing with the pills. I don’t know what to do about his food. His lust for eating has stopped. He needs bones, but will NOT eat chicken period. He’ll only eat the Niman pork ribs and tenderloin (raw/some baked/broiled and mixed grain-free @#$%. His raw food diet w/bones has turned into the best grain-free kibble I can find + raw meat pieces and bone. He is no longer the dog waiting for food, and that is for sure.

Thanks so much,
Walter and Vicki

Leilanae

Re: DOG with Leaky Heart Valve....

Post by Leilanae »

Vicki,
As Dr. Roz was on this case earlier, have you contacted him?

Atb,

Leilanae

Vicki Satta

Post by Vicki Satta »

I have not…. because I don’t have $$ to pay him and I can’t ask him (or anyone else) to put there life and time into this. Yesterday he really bad. I want to take him off the drugs, but I cannot do it until I am sure that the case is clear. Yesterday I did Reiki for about 6 hours. He refuses to eat (like for 3 days, and I’ve tried everything!)

His canines need to be scaled and his gums need a remedy…. But I have this DENTAL TIPS…. Would it do anything maybe to just clean the mouth and teeth? It doesn’t smell good. The ? Is … can I use homeopathy and BIG PHARMA pills? I hate it, but even the best homeopathic vet in Metro Denver told me not to do it. Yesterday I gave pills and Aconite… the throwing up water and foaming looking stuff stopped. I am going to try the soup I made yesterday and froze. He is feeling much better, but the heart is still pounding. I will spend several hours today with Reiki. That was likely the turning point.

Thanks for caring… money is not in my world right now. Walter is a dog with fortune. He found me and I helped him have the best life possible. Then I went broke!!

Anyway. I will come up with the solution….

Vicki

Allen Coniglio

Post by Allen Coniglio »

Use Calc Renalis 6C in his water to clean tartar from the teeth. If you need something stronger, try 30C.
Virus-free. www.avast.com

Dr. Joe Rozencwajg, NMD

Post by Dr. Joe Rozencwajg, NMD »

Money is not a problem.

I simply do not have anything else to offer for Walter, I have gone through all the safe options I can think of.
Dr. J. Rozencwajg, NMD
"The greatest enemy of any science is a closed mind"

www.naturamedica.co.nz

Ginny Wilken

Post by Ginny Wilken »

At the risk of repeating things or of speaking out of line, have you tried Crataegus to stabilize his heart action? On the chance that Walter is folding his tents, I would look at Ars in as high as 10m, to calm him and help him transition. He has done his best, and been a good dog for you, but these heart valve issues will likely only get more serious now, with the drugs just artificially prolonging things. I'm sorry, but I do so hate to see them suffer through the worst days, just to try to stay with us and keep us happy. Can you speak with an animal communicator for some insight?
All our best,

ginny

--

Ginny Wilken

gwilken@fastmail.fm

Vicki Satta

Post by Vicki Satta »

ain
Yes… I thought he was leaving, but then after the Reiki he decided to eat. He would almost start eating and then turn away like it “thought it was poison.” Today he ate and drank a LOT/LOT of water. Why water? Now he is throwing up the water again, and hanging out on the porch. His stomach seems to still be upset Ginny… but he can’t poop because he has nothing in his stomach, but I need to look at his butt because it was like all blocked up with hair, which he is shading a lot. Coat looks very bad.
Yes if you think it’s a good idea. I’ll contact my DOG LADY friend now.
Thanks… I will do it after I go and check on him. I have never used an animal communicator before.

Vicki and Walter with love.

Vicki Satta

Post by Vicki Satta »

GINNY: I use the GEMMO VERSIO… I asked Joe and he said he told me to give it a try..

Do you think the remedy might be more helpful? I can buy it on Wednesday. I do not want him to suffer. I told hi

Dr. Joe Rozencwajg, NMD

Post by Dr. Joe Rozencwajg, NMD »

In my experience the gemmo is the most effective when there is organic problem.
Dr. J. Rozencwajg, NMD
"The greatest enemy of any science is a closed mind"

www.naturamedica.co.nz

Ginny Wilken

Post by Ginny Wilken »

I use Crataegus pretty often, for my own arrhythmias and threadiness. I also used it for my OLD dog, who was ill with everything, one of which was a murmur, and who was on Lasix towards his passing. It seems to have an instantaneous strengthening and quieting effect. 30c or 200c is commonly available, and I would be cautious - using one dose and waiting to see.
He's drinking water because he needs it; the Lasix pulls fluid out of his tissues, where he has been accumulating it around his heart. But his body interprets this pooling of fluid as a lack of hydration elsewhere.
The communicator should be able to get a read on his desires and intentions. Dogs often stay with us longer than they might, because they are concerned about our ability to get along without them. This is especially true, perhaps, of "heart" dogs, who come to help us. Ask what HE wants, and give him permission to tell you.
As long as he is eating, even a bit, he probably wants to stay longer:)
ginny

--

Ginny Wilken

gwilken@fastmail.fm

Return to “Minutus YahooGroup Archives”