Lyme’s disease

Here you will find all the discussions from the time this group was hosted on YahooGroups and groups.io
You can browse through these topics and reply to them as needed.
It is not possible to start new topics in this forum. Please use the respective other forums most related to your topic.
Ellen Madono

Lyme’s disease

Post by Ellen Madono »

Hi,

I just got an email from my son who says he’s been diagnosed with Lyme’s disease. The doctor told him that it’s easy to take care of with antibiotics.

Judging from Dale’s many difficult Lyme’s disease patients, this doctor must be a fool. Or he’s normal smart and is stringing my son along.

What should I tell the boy? He’s 34 years old, a black and white digital computer programmer. I’ve helped him a number of times with Homoeopathy, but he tends toward conventional authorities.

I was about to blast him with a scary email, and then I realized that I was putting myself in a very bad position. So I haven’t replied to his email.

He’s also been told that he has thickening of the septum of the heart.

This is a boy who never learn to cook and eats out every day. He eats at his company cafeteria, so things could be worse. But the point is, he’s not good at lifestyle changes. Inflexible as a thickened heart septum would be.

My mother died of enlargement of the heart and my brother has the same valve regurgitation. But he took care of it with chelation therapy. I don’t know that my son has a valve problem. But it seems he should get a second opinion and go for more tests. Because he has a Corporate job, paying for testing is not a problem.

He had a kidney stone a few months ago. So he’s very freaked by his own body. Again he didn’t seek Homeopathy from me and did the normal allopathic routine. This is one of the problems of raising your kids so they don’t have physical problems, supposedly. Since they don’t have problems, they grow up dumb.

Best,
Ellen Madono

Ellen Madono

Re: Lyme’s disease

Post by Ellen Madono »

I am thinking about the long term effects of destroying the bacteria in my son's gut. Since Lyme's is a very severe disease, the antibiotics must be strong also. In the following report, it says that the antibiotic is aimed at the specific virus. Here is a NIH (National Institute of Health) report that is a bit old. https://www.niaid.nih.gov/diseases-cond ... t-research 1 week of treatment for early discovery of Lymes is not so bad. But 4 weeks would really do major damage to your gut health. When they do the four-week treatment, are they using the narrowband antibiotic (one specific for one type of virus) or are they lost and they are throwing every kind of antibiotic at the patient? They are saying that they are researching Lymes one disease, but New Hampshire and SF have different birds so those birds are infected with different tics which are infected by different viruses. This study is old. Maybe you can find newer reports. Find research and research in the Bay area might help???

Nan Wood

Post by Nan Wood »

Ellen,
You may want to listen to/read some of Dr. Jay Davidson’s Lyme Disease information. He has a Lyme you tube series, written material and has been active in online summits re: Lyme Disease.
I hope all goes well for your son addressing Lymes.

Nan
Sent from my iPhone

Ellen Madono

Post by Ellen Madono »

Wow, he looks very committed. I will read his site. Thank you. I hope I get a chance to help my son.

Tanya Marquette

Post by Tanya Marquette »

I treated Lyme with homeopathy the first time I had it along with some herbs.

Second time, I used mainly Low level laser for which I had a protocol along with a bit of acupuncture and herbs.

I know others who use mainly herbs for treating it.
The docuseries Nan mentioned is pretty good. I have watched several of those series on different topics and have been impressed

with the wealth and quality of information presented by a wide range of people, many doctors, many holistic practitioners, all of whom

do various holistic protocols.

t

Ellen Madono

Post by Ellen Madono »

How impressive, Tanya. I am freaked by the severity of the disease. But if he lets me treat it now, he has a lot more hope. I have to wrap my emotional mind around this. Mostly the problem is treating a family member. I remember when your daughter had the crushed bones. You treated her and she is not an easy person. I think some strong meditation is in order.
Blessings,
Ellen

Tanya Marquette

Post by Tanya Marquette »

Yes, Ellen. It can take a lot of inner strength to deal with a family member who can present mental/emotional stresses to putting themselves in their mother's care. My best advice is to just stay focused and centered and try to negotiate around the interpersonal obstacles presented. At some point you can only do what they will let you do. I think best would be getting them to work with someone else to avoid the personal obstacles to cure that can be presented.

But treating Lyme is like anything else. I had to ask myself, as I do others, why did you need that disease at that moment? What was going on that made you vulnerable to such an invasion? Not easy to ask anyone, but particularly so to a child of yours.

t

Maria Bohle

Post by Maria Bohle »

Many tears ago one of our homeopathic ancestors (Burnet?) was asked what he would do if a patient came in with Gonnorhea. He said he would give him a remedy and send him right out. The person asked if he did not believe his remedies could cure it? He said he had no doubt his homeopathic remedies could cure it, but it was such a nasty disease and moved so fast just in case he did not give the right remedy the first time the disease would make much mischief and become entrenched during that time period.

I feel the same way about Lyme. Give a good remedy but also give an antibiotic with this one.

People who get bulls eyes and get an antibiotic right away usually do fine. It is the less than reactive patient who has Lyme disease that entrenches that is difficult.

Ellen Madono

Post by Ellen Madono »

Hmmm Good question. I will see him in 2 months, but I think he should see someone else soon. He lives in Silicon Valley. I will talk to him about getting treatment.

Dale Moss

Post by Dale Moss »

Hi, Ellen

I’m sorry about your son’s attitude. I feel blessed that mine grew up committed to alternative medicine, but I’ve known other kids who were raised on homeopathy and rebelled. Though later these same returned to it, chastened, so there’s hope for your boy.

As far as his treatment for Lyme is concerned, I’d recommend the antibiotics, specifically a course of amoxicillin for one month. The go-to antibiotic is currently doxycycline, but it wrecks many a gut. Amoxicillin, though kinder and gentler, will do the job. He may likely have co-infections with other bacteria, which seem to be more common these days.

You certainly can treat Lyme acutely (and it is preferable to antibiotic treatment), but I wouldn’t do it long distance, especially without knowing about co-infections (and most drs. don’t test for those). It’s probably safer to let him do the antibiotics, then treat with Ledum and the nosode to make sure the disease is gone.

BTW, the difficult Lyme cases I’ve been handling of late are mainly 1) patients whose guts have been destroyed by doxycycline, and/or 2) patients where Lyme has been diagnosed — but it’s not what’s really going on.

Have you ever considered gifting him some cooking lessons with a chef in his area?

Peace,
Dale

Return to “Minutus YahooGroup Archives”