Feline with racing heart

Here you will find all the discussions from the time this group was hosted on YahooGroups and groups.io
You can browse through these topics and reply to them as needed.
It is not possible to start new topics in this forum. Please use the respective other forums most related to your topic.
Nan Wood

Feline with racing heart

Post by Nan Wood »

A friend brought her kitty to veterinary ICU at 3 this morning and is at
a loss for what to do. Marley is on oxygen for extreme shortness of breath and has a galloping heart rhythm, they thought perhaps cardiomyopathy.
He's not stable to transfer to a Cardiology Vet.
She doesn't give up easily on a kitty, and rarely puts a kitty to sleep.The bill is already more than is affordable but she wants to do all she can for him if there are hopeful options.
This friend's household has been under extreme stress for the past month, this could be in part a reaction to the stress. She's living in a motel while a third of her house was demolished, treated for water damage and mold and is now being rebuilt. Her kitties had to be confined to much smaller areas than they are used to, and the constant noise and constant schedule changes are taking a toll on all of them. She is an RN and is a Feline Rescue now without any income until the house is back to normal and she returns to work. She's very receptive to suggestions from anyone who has had experience with rapid heart symptoms in kitties without having to move Marley as he is on oxygen.
I apologize if this posting is not appropriate for this group. There can be a delayed posting time in the Catwell group where I've also posted. Thank you, best regards,
Nan

Ginny Wilken

Re: Feline with racing heart

Post by Ginny Wilken »

I would use Crataegus, either in potency or the tincture. I have stopped my own symptoms, and those of others to whom I have given it. Then take the case from there.
ginny

--

Ginny Wilken

gwilken@fastmail.fm

Nan Wood

Post by Nan Wood »

Thank you, Ginny. If 30C or perhaps only 6C are the only potencies she can purchase, can you suggest a dosing protocol suited to an acute situation? (Would 200C be appropriate in an acute situation if she can find it locally?) The tincture or extract may take longer to take effect re: heart rate. I'm hoping the homeopathic would have a more immediate response. I was able to search several articles on veterinary use of crataegus thanks to your suggestion. Nan Wood

Leilanae

Post by Leilanae »

In general, it's easier to increase potency than decrease it.
(Minimum dose)
Atb,

Leilanae

Ginny Wilken

Post by Ginny Wilken »

Nan, I have never needed more than one dose of Crat to address irregular/speeding heart rate. On more than one occasion, I had the tincture handy and dosed a single time, then went on to use a 30c when it became available. I have used a dry pellet, but prefer to make a solution.
Strangely, I had a very fatiguing day yesterday, with less recovery time/therapy and a late bedtime. I lay in bed for an hour or so before realizing my heart was very accelerated, with occasional big "thumpy" beats. I got up and found the Crat 30c solution and took a dose. I returned to bed, my heart slowed to normal, and I fell asleep immediately. I keep 200c pellets in my first aid kit, just in case.
I would not have a problem with sequential doses if it worked but wore off, assuming other aspects of the case did not point to other remedies.

--

Ginny Wilken

gwilken@fastmail.fm

Dr. Joe Rozencwajg, NMD

Post by Dr. Joe Rozencwajg, NMD »

Ginny, Crataegus is more than a "heart remedy"...I suppose you had a look at its full MM, homeopathic, herbal and gemmotherapic?

I would like to reaffirm here that IMO every single remedy, as "small" as it is labelled, can be a full, deep acting Simillimum.
Dr. J. Rozencwajg, NMD
"The greatest enemy of any science is a closed mind"

www.naturamedica.co.nz

Ginny Wilken

Post by Ginny Wilken »

Joe, I try never to underestimate a remedy:) About gemmo, though, I remain clueless. Thank you for the reminder!
ginny

--

Ginny Wilken

gwilken@fastmail.fm

Dr. Joe Rozencwajg, NMD

Post by Dr. Joe Rozencwajg, NMD »

Why clueless? it is not different than reading a homeopathic or herbal MM, it integrates both + other methods + some specifics that were discovered because of the special method of extraction...
Dr. J. Rozencwajg, NMD
"The greatest enemy of any science is a closed mind"

www.naturamedica.co.nz

Nan Wood

Post by Nan Wood »

One dose would be mercy and grace. I'm glad it's had such a favorable response for you. I hope it brings good response for kitty Marley as well. I agree, a case workup would benefit him. After your suggestion I saw an online link to VCA's, Veterinary Clinics of America, reference to use of hawthorn, primarily tincture, in cardiac cases. Kitty is at a VCA clinic. It was a useful segue way to the topic of homeopathic crataegus. The vet's open mindedness was welcome. Marley is more stable & coming home for continued care. Thank you for pointing us in a hopeful direction. Best regards, Nan Wood -------------------------------------------- On Sat, 9/1/18, Ginny Wilken gwilken@fastmail.fm [minutus] wrote: Subject: Re: [Minutus] Feline with racing heart To: "Nan Wood nwood@att.net [minutus]" Date: Saturday, September 1, 2018, 2:52 PM Nan, I have never needed more than one dose of Crat to address irregular/speeding heart rate. On more than one occasion, I had the tincture handy and dosed a single time, then went on to use a 30c when it became available. I have used a dry pellet, but prefer to make a solution. Strangely, I had a very fatiguing day yesterday, with less recovery time/therapy and a late bedtime. I lay in bed for an hour or so before realizing my heart was very accelerated, with occasional big "thumpy" beats. I got up and found the Crat 30c solution and took a dose. I returned to bed, my heart slowed to normal, and I fell asleep immediately. I keep 200c pellets in my first aid kit, just in case. I would not have a problem with sequential doses if it worked but wore off, assuming other aspects of the case did not point to other remedies. -- Ginny Wilken gwilken@fastmail.fm On Sat, Sep 1, 2018, at 12:30 AM, Nan Wood nwood@att.net [minutus] wrote: Thank you, Ginny. If 30C or perhaps only 6C are the only potencies she can purchase, can you suggest a dosing protocol suited to an acute situation? (Would 200C be appropriate in an acute situation if she can find it locally?) The tincture or extract may take longer to take effect re: heart rate. I'm hoping the homeopathic would have a more immediate response. I was able to search several articles on veterinary use of crataegus thanks to your suggestion. Nan Wood

Nan Wood

Post by Nan Wood »

Thank you, Leilanae. The homeopathic pharmacy had 30C in stock. Cartaegus required a Rx which the Vet agreeably phoned in. The pharmacy's homeopathic personnel suggested a dose 2 - 3 x's today. In lieu of giving the pellet directly I follow Irene's suggestion to add to water, succuss 100x's.... Best wishes, Nan On Sat, 9/1/18, leilanae@verizon.net [minutus] wrote: Subject: Re: [Minutus] Feline with racing heart To: minutus@yahoogroups.com Date: Saturday, September 1, 2018, 10:32 AM In general, it's easier to increase potency than decrease it. (Minimum dose) Atb, Leilanae

Return to “Minutus YahooGroup Archives”