Does this affect this group?

In this forum, we have placed all the messages related to migrating the YahooGroup to this Forum so you can see what happened. These messages have been moved here from the YahooGroups Archive. The forum has been locked, no new posts allowed.
Leilanae

Re: Does this affect this group?

Post by Leilanae »

Attention: Starting December 14, 2019 Yahoo Groups will no longer host user created content on its sites. New content can no longer be uploaded after October 28, 2019. Learn More

Chuck Solomon

Post by Chuck Solomon »

I think it does, we have to have an admin to run

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

Vicki Satta

Post by Vicki Satta »

YES! Did you get the security warning that is likely “CLICK BATE” with all of that @#$% about Yahoo security and ………...? That needs to be looked into. If true, they sold to VERIZON if the @#$% they sent is true. If you didn’t get that message and WANT to see it let me know and I will forward. No guarantee it’s not spam.

We need to set up a FREE STANDING (is there such a thing today?) group. We may have to pay for it. Aren’t you getting strange/strange messages from everyplace? The change info I got says we have to go.

Didn’t you all receive that message? Probably a scam/hoax or ??? Anyway, we need a new home… YES!

VICKI

Tanya Marquette

Post by Tanya Marquette »

This sounds like a nightmare if I understand correctly.
Yahoo will not end the groups but there will no longer be any history of files and photos.

How can all the years of discussion be saved? And how many groups are people members?

Who has the tech know how to figure this out?

t

Tanya Marquette

One of my groups has signed onto MeWe. I am not sure it has the flexibility to which we are accustomed and

not sure about its ability to save info.
Is it possible Yahoo is part of the censoring efforts being imposed?
t

Carol Boyce

Post by Carol Boyce »

Where is Saroush? He is the moderator?? I have not received any notifications form yahoo but then I don't use it apart from this group.
There must be a way to archive the years of conversation before this happens.

I searched for news about this imminent threat - could find nothing except this from July regarding accounts inactive for 12 months. :

https://blogs.constantcontact.com/yahoo ... -accounts/

Saroush are you out there?

Carol B

Barbara Stephenson

Post by Barbara Stephenson »

There is a message from yahoo that all group files will be deleted in December, you should be able to see the notice by going to the group‘s webpage.
Io groups still offer Files sections for groups.
Barbara
Sent from my iPhone

Tanya Marquette

what is "Io" groups?

t

Vicki Satta

Post by Vicki Satta »

Great then say NO THANKS and don’t suggest google groups or APPLE pie… PLEASE. CENSORSHIP is in full swing on YouTube (owned by google). Let’s forget Apple and google. Apple sold out years ago. I know I’m negative, but we must have some tech people who can figure this stuff out. I’m running from censorship and EVERYTHING that is going on right now. DEEP STATE is on to the max right now.

BEST…
Vicki
P.S. Please… is anyone checking out/paying attention to 5G… If yes, are you willing to put that piece of APPLE PIE in your ear for a dose of 5G? I’m not.

Vicki

Tanya Marquette

Vicki

No, you are not being negative. I call it being realistic and not keeping blinders on because it seems more

comfortable than being angered by the increasing censorship being imposed on us. But without full

consciousness and a willingness to fight back we will be totally doomed.
Last nite on the Dem debates (I did watch a portion of it) I heard only a wee word about big monopolies

controlling our information and the focus very rapidly turned to a demand to focus on anti-trust/anti-monopoly

issues and that also got squashed almost instantly.
t

Return to “Migration Archive”