Metallic taste in mouth

Here you will find all the discussions from the time this group was hosted on YahooGroups and groups.io
You can browse through these topics and reply to them as needed.
It is not possible to start new topics in this forum. Please use the respective other forums most related to your topic.
Carol Orr

Metallic taste in mouth

Post by Carol Orr »

Anyone have a list of remedies that have metallic taste in mouth after a migraine. And maybe an idea of why this would happen. Could I swab my Mouth and find out what metal it is?When I had 4 day migraine a month ago my husband could smell the metal in the room.

Sent from my iPhone

Rochelle Marsden

Re: Metallic taste in mouth

Post by Rochelle Marsden »

Complete 2018, Mouth; salivation; metallic taste; headache, during: (1) adam,

That is all I could find!!
Rochelle
From: minutus@yahoogroups.com [mailto:minutus@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: 27 March 2020 17:18
To: minutus@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Minutus] Metallic taste in mouth
Anyone have a list of remedies that have metallic taste in mouth after a migraine. And maybe an idea of why this would happen. Could I swab my Mouth and find out what metal it is?When I had 4 day migraine a month ago my husband could smell the metal in the room.

Sent from my iPhone

Healthseeker

Post by Healthseeker »

Carol,
I have a small program for Boericke where I am able to enter up to 3 search terms or rubrics at a time and then filter them together. I found the following when searching for "Headache" "Metallic" together:
Arsenicum album - headaches relieved by cold, other symptoms worse and (not necessarily “with”) metallic taste.
Bismuthum - has headache alternates with gastralgia and (not necessarily “with”) tongue coated white; sweetish, metallic taste
Merc sol - has Catarrhal headaches; much heat in head and (not necessarily “with”) Sweetish metallic taste
Pulex irritans - has frontal headache and (not necessarily “with”) metallic taste - also, thirsty, especially with headache
Radium - has frontal headache and (not necessarily “with”) metallic taste
Separately, just "metallic" also brought up:
AESCULUS HIPPOCASTANUM Mouth. metallic taste.
ARSENICUM ALBUM Mouth. metallic taste.
BISMUTHUM Stomach. Tongue coated white; sweetish, metallic taste.
COCCULUS Stomach. metallic taste.
CUPRUM ARSENICOSUM Mouth. Tongue thickly coated, dirty brown, white, metallic taste; thirst.
CUPRUM METALLICUM Stomach. Strong metallic taste (Rhus).
INDIGO Stomach. metallic taste.
MERCURIUS SOLUBILIS Mouth. Sweetish metallic taste.
NITRO - MURIATIC ACID Mouth. metallic taste (Cupr met).
PULEX IRRITANS Mouth. metallic taste.
RADIUM Mouth. metallic taste.
SARSAPARILLA Mouth. Tongue white; aphthae; salivation; metallic taste; no thirst.
YOHIMBINUM Head. Disagreeable, metallic taste.

A few months ago, I too had a persistent metallic taste in my mouth, which I finally resolved with Aesculus hippocastanum. I don't recall having had a headache then. I rarely do though.
Suki

This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
www.avast.com

Debra Lamana

Post by Debra Lamana »

Carol,
A thought about the metallic taste . . . do you have any amalgam dental fillings? Could anything have happened to compromise a filling? Deb

Sent from my iPhone

Tanya Marquette

Post by Tanya Marquette »

May be dealing with some metal toxicity which could also be part of the migraine.

I used to get metal taste in my mouth. At one point it was getting bad and there was brain fog,

low grade headache (unusual for me), and a couple other sx which I forget. I got tested for metal

levels which were high and did a detox with humic/fulvic acid and increased probiotics. It helped

a lot. I also used charcoal and calc. bentonite clay, both for detoxing.

t

Tanya Marquette

Post by Tanya Marquette »

Yes, that is one source of metal toxicity--mercury in particular
Another could be deodorants with aluminum.

Check your cooking pots for aluminum ones and dont' use.

These are all major sources of aluminum toxicity but the list is not exhaustive.

t

Leilanae

Post by Leilanae »

Most interesting is "my husband could smell the metal in the room".
MOUTH
Metallic, odor: Berb, lyc MERC-I-F mez
Metallic odor: brassy: lyc

Return to “Minutus YahooGroup Archives”