All messages at Rife site now?

In this forum, we have placed all the messages related to migrating the YahooGroup to this Forum so you can see what happened. These messages have been moved here from the YahooGroups Archive. The forum has been locked, no new posts allowed.
Elizabeth Brandegee

Re: All messages at Rife site now?

Post by Elizabeth Brandegee »

It would be better to use the Rife format, as with the current yahoogroup setup there is no option for digest version. Getting each and every email in my box is too cluttery.
Elizabeth
True. I went to the Rife site, and nothing is happening there. Apparently we all continue to use this yahoo email list and everything is going well...
Dr. Joe Rozencwajg, NMD.
"The greatest enemy of any science is a closed mind"

www.naturamedica.co.nz

Shannon Nelson

Post by Shannon Nelson »

Barbara, I think it would be GREAT if we can you these several available platforms in order to start (re-start) separate groups with separate focuses—like “in the old days”. Maybe one to be strictly classical; another to be ore eclectic; another perhaps specifically for cases and study.

Anybody but be missing the “cases and study” group? Or talk about other-than-classical methodology?

Shannon

Ellen Madono

Post by Ellen Madono »

Why don't we just make a big group effort to go over to the Rife site? Then, occasionally, or even every day, we can leave a message on Minutus saying where we are actually talking. As long as stragglers don't get lost, we can make the transfer. I paid some money to make this happen. So, let's do it.

Tomorrow, I will be on the rife site talking about coronavirus vaccination prospects. I am very worried.
Ellen Madono

Peter Walker
Site Admin

Post by Peter Walker »

Hi Everyone,

let me up update you all on the current situation on your group, as there is obviously still some confusion.
I have been working for some time now to get your entire group transferred to the new https://forums.group platform I am starting. The process of getting everything transferred correctly and setup was much more complicated than planned, but I am glad to say the job is just about complete. I have been keeping Soroush up to date so that he can be your moderator on the new platform and he has already seen the posts on the prototype platform. Last minute problems have caused a minor delay, but we are really just about ready to switch everything to the new platform. This is what is planned for the Minutus group:
1. Once I am happy the data transfers of archives and members to the new platform is working correctly, the decision will be made to transfer everything on the same day.
2. The new forum at https://minutus.forums.group will be opened complete with your entire YahooGroup message archives and the posts you have been making since then on YahooGroups and groups.io.
3. All members from the previous YahooGroup and new members from groups.io will already have accounts setup on the new platform. Emails will be sent out to everyone with their new login details.
4. Note that members who changed their email addresses over the years will have an account for each email address. This was needed as Yahoo did not have a reliable username system for those that did not have a Yahoo-ID. It will be possible to consolidate accounts into one, but not immediately. This was a major problem during the transfer, as the only reliable way of matching messages to users was via the email address.
5. On the same day the forum is opened, new messages via the YahooGroup and groups.io will be stopped. Everybody needs to use just one platform and not three.
6. The minutus groups.io group will be frozen and eventually deleted. It is then no longer needed.
7. The Minutus YahooGroup will be used to send out a daily digest of new messages on the forum.
8. All new posts have to be written online on the new forum; it is no longer possible to reply via Email.
9. Replying is possible from the digest by clicking on the link in the digest.
10. The new system uses the popular and very reliable phpBB forum system. It is highly stable and used by hundreds of thousands of communities, worldwide. It is likely that many members will already be familiar with using such forums, it is not difficult.
11. You will be reunited with your complete message archive going back to the beginning. It will be much easier to view older threads and respond to them. Whereas the current groups have always been about the topic of the day, the new system will allow for much more diverse discussions an the wide range of topics discussed in the past.
12. All past topics will initially appear in one section with currently 24705 shown on 989 pages. That is a lot of past messages to read through. I suggest a group of volunteers work together to move these topics into the respective categories so that messages can be better found. If several people work on this, the job can be done in a reasonable time.
Your group was used as the prototype to setup the entire forums.group platform and perfect the migration process. As there were just so many issues to resolve, this caused a number of delays. Once everything is working properly, it should be possible to migrate several groups a day – but only if the migration process has been perfected.
So, please hold tight and your new forum will be ready in a matter of days. It will be a much better platform than before and the only significant thing for you to get used to is that you have to make posts online instead of via Email.
You can learn more about the new platform at https://forums.group and if you want to practice, your demo forum is still available at https://minutus.rifeforum.com although that will be closed when your new forum goes live.

Regards

Peter Walker
The Rife Forum
www.rife.de
www.rifewiki.org
www.rifeshop.com
www.rifeforum.com
groups.rifeforum.com
groups.io/g/rifeforum
rifegroup.groups.io/g/Rife
gadgetheaven.net

Rochelle Marsden

Post by Rochelle Marsden »

Thank for that. I now understand that the new platform hasn’t started yet, we will get an email when it has, we have to reply online (which for me will be rather a pain!!) .
Rochelle
From: minutus@yahoogroups.com [mailto:minutus@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: 05 April 2020 19:01
To: minutus@yahoogroups.com; 'Ellen Madono'
Cc: Minutus@rifegroup.groups.io
Subject: RE: [Minutus] All messages at Rife site now?
Hi Everyone,

let me up update you all on the current situation on your group, as there is obviously still some confusion.
I have been working for some time now to get your entire group transferred to the new https://forums.group platform I am starting. The process of getting everything transferred correctly and setup was much more complicated than planned, but I am glad to say the job is just about complete. I have been keeping Soroush up to date so that he can be your moderator on the new platform and he has already seen the posts on the prototype platform. Last minute problems have caused a minor delay, but we are really just about ready to switch everything to the new platform. This is what is planned for the Minutus group:
1. Once I am happy the data transfers of archives and members to the new platform is working correctly, the decision will be made to transfer everything on the same day.
2. The new forum at https://minutus.forums.group will be opened complete with your entire YahooGroup message archives and the posts you have been making since then on YahooGroups and groups.io.
3. All members from the previous YahooGroup and new members from groups.io will already have accounts setup on the new platform. Emails will be sent out to everyone with their new login details.
4. Note that members who changed their email addresses over the years will have an account for each email address. This was needed as Yahoo did not have a reliable username system for those that did not have a Yahoo-ID. It will be possible to consolidate accounts into one, but not immediately. This was a major problem during the transfer, as the only reliable way of matching messages to users was via the email address.
5. On the same day the forum is opened, new messages via the YahooGroup and groups.io will be stopped. Everybody needs to use just one platform and not three.
6. The minutus groups.io group will be frozen and eventually deleted. It is then no longer needed..
7. The Minutus YahooGroup will be used to send out a daily digest of new messages on the forum.
8. All new posts have to be written online on the new forum; it is no longer possible to reply via Email.
10. The new system uses the popular and very reliable phpBB forum system. It is highly stable and used by hundreds of thousands of communities, worldwide. It is likely that many members will already be familiar with using such forums, it is not difficult.
11. You will be reunited with your complete message archive going back to the beginning. It will be much easier to view older threads and respond to them. Whereas the current groups have always been about the topic of the day, the new system will allow for much more diverse discussions an the wide range of topics discussed in the past.
12. All past topics will initially appear in one section with currently 24705 shown on 989 pages. That is a lot of past messages to read through. I suggest a group of volunteers work together to move these topics into the respective categories so that messages can be better found. If several people work on this, the job can be done in a reasonable time.
Your group was used as the prototype to setup the entire forums.group platform and perfect the migration process. As there were just so many issues to resolve, this caused a number of delays. Once everything is working properly, it should be possible to migrate several groups a day – but only if the migration process has been perfected.
So, please hold tight and your new forum will be ready in a matter of days. It will be a much better platform than before and the only significant thing for you to get used to is that you have to make posts online instead of via Email.
You can learn more about the new platform at https://forums.group and if you want to practice, your demo forum is still available at https://minutus.rifeforum.com although that will be closed when your new forum goes live.
Regards
Peter Walker

The Rife Forum

www.rife.de

forums.group

www.rifewiki.org

www.rifeshop.com

www.rifeforum.com

groups.rifeforum.com

groups..io/g/rifeforum

gadgetheaven.net

Rochelle Marsden

Post by Rochelle Marsden »

Thank for that. I now understand that the new platform hasn’t started yet, we will get an email when it has, we have to reply online (which for me will be rather a pain!!) .
Rochelle
From: minutus@yahoogroups.com [mailto:minutus@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: 05 April 2020 19:01
Subject: RE: [Minutus] All messages at Rife site now?
Hi Everyone,

3. All members from the previous YahooGroup and new members from groups.io will already have accounts setup on the new platform.. Emails will be sent out to everyone with their new login details.
6. The minutus groups.io group will be frozen and eventually deleted. It is then no longer needed..
Regards
Peter Walker

The Rife Forum

www.rife.de

forums.group

www.rifewiki.org

www.rifeshop.com

www.rifeforum.com

groups.rifeforum.com

groups..io/g/rifeforum

gadgetheaven.net

Ellen Madono

Post by Ellen Madono »

Thanks Peter. I will stay here until I hear from you..

homeopath

Post by homeopath »

THAKS for the update!
Sherill
From: Minutus@rifegroup.groups.io [mailto:Minutus@rifegroup.groups.io] On Behalf Of Peter Walker
Sent: Sunday, April 05, 2020 12:01 PM
Subject: Re: [Minutus] All messages at Rife site now?
Hi Everyone,

Be careful about reading health books—you may die of a misprint ~ attributed to Mark Twain (1835-1910).
Sherill

Post by Sherill »

THAKS for the update!
Sherill
From: Minutus@rifegroup.groups.io [mailto:Minutus@rifegroup.groups.io] On Behalf Of Peter Walker
Sent: Sunday, April 05, 2020 12:01 PM
Subject: Re: [Minutus] All messages at Rife site now?
Hi Everyone,

Peter Walker
Site Admin

Post by Peter Walker »

Rochelle,

I have been using online forums for years where you have to reply online. This works well even on smartphones and it is really not that different to replying in your email app. The advantages are massive as you suddenly have much better access to previous topics and can easily reply to topics posted years ago. An analogy would be to compare a daily newspaper (the topic of the day) with the vast knowledge available in a library. The difference really is that profound and opens up over a 100 thousand posts made on Minutus in the past.
You will soon find that it is the current situation that is a pain with your mailbox getting flooded with messages every day, incl. topics that so not interest you. It is much better to be able to browse through the topic titles and look at those posts that interest you.

Regards

Peter Walker
The Rife Forum
www.rife.de
www.rifewiki.org
www.rifeshop.com
www.rifeforum.com
groups.rifeforum.com
groups.io/g/rifeforum
gadgetheaven.net

Return to “Migration Archive”