Peter: Some questions

In this forum, we have placed all the messages related to migrating the YahooGroup to this Forum so you can see what happened. These messages have been moved here from the YahooGroups Archive. The forum has been locked, no new posts allowed.
Debra Lamana

Peter: Some questions

Post by Debra Lamana »

Hello Peter,
There are a few aspects of your forum's relationship with Groups.io that are a bit confusing (I've not been a member of a forum before). So a few questions for you to help clear things up?
The groups that are listed on your site all indicate that they are linked to Groups.io, this is in italics. I understand that Groups.io hosts the software for the groups to communicate, but does this mean that they also will have a copy of every message that is posted? What about posts that may include discussion about their prohibited topic -- is Minutus 'safe' from having these posts being monitored by security people at Groups.io?

What is not fully clear (to me) is the relationship between the Rife forum and Groups.io: if at some point, Groups.io mandates that Topics X and Y can not be discussed --and they issue that mandate to you, do you still have the freedom to allow those topics to be discussed at your site? Do you have guaranteed unrestricted rights as the owner of the forum to continue to allow unrestricted discussions? I suspect that there may be other members here who would also appreciate clarification about these issues.

Lastly, just a friendly reminder that things may be more quiet than usual as it is the Christmas and Winter holiday season. Many people are busy with holiday preparations and may not be reading as often as usual. Deb
Hi Deb,

I am working on moving the group to your own forum where you will have full freedom of speech and your existing message archives can be fully restored. This new forum will be open to all topics without censorship, your groups will just have to make the occasional donations to cover the running costs (server and traffic costs for sending out all the emails, etc.), but they are relatively small once it is all setup. We can alternatively consider allowing advertising if that is an issue, otherwise the forum has no advertising.
It will take several days before it is fully setup and tested, particularly as the festive season will be slowing down such work. It should be ready by the new year. Those that donate will be let on early to help check it out..

We also still need to raise the costs of setting up this new system. Some donations have come in, but we are not there, yet. Details and donations can be made here: https://groups.rifeforum.com/minutus.php#donate
A screenshot of the new phpBB based forum can also be seen there. It runs on my own webserver that is also used to run the Rife Forum as well.
Until all is setup and working, we can continue our discussions on the current group on groups.io.

Regards

Peter Walker
The Rife Forum
www.rife.de
www.rifewiki.org
www.rifeshop.com
www.rifeforum.com
groups.rifeforum.com
groups.io/g/rifeforum
rifegroup.groups.io/g/Rife
gadgetheaven.net

Debra Lamana

Re: Peter: Some questions

Post by Debra Lamana »

Subject: [Minutus] Peter: Some questions

Hello Peter,
There are a few aspects of your forum's relationship with Groups.io that are a bit confusing (I've not been a member of a forum before). So a few questions for you to help clear things up?
The groups that are listed on your site all indicate that they are linked to Groups.io, this is in italics. I understand that Groups.io hosts the software for the groups to communicate, but does this mean that they also will have a copy of every message that is posted? What about posts that may include discussion about their prohibited topic -- is Minutus 'safe' from having these posts being monitored by security people at Groups.io?

What is not fully clear (to me) is the relationship between the Rife forum and Groups.io: if at some point, Groups.io mandates that Topics X and Y can not be discussed --and they issue that mandate to you, do you still have the freedom to allow those topics to be discussed at your site? Do you have guaranteed unrestricted rights as the owner of the forum to continue to allow unrestricted discussions? I suspect that there may be other members here who would also appreciate clarification about these issues.

Lastly, just a friendly reminder that things may be more quiet than usual as it is the Christmas and Winter holiday season. Many people are busy with holiday preparations and may not be reading as often as usual. Deb
Hi Deb,

I am working on moving the group to your own forum where you will have full freedom of speech and your existing message archives can be fully restored. This new forum will be open to all topics without censorship, your groups will just have to make the occasional donations to cover the running costs (server and traffic costs for sending out all the emails, etc.), but they are relatively small once it is all setup. We can alternatively consider allowing advertising if that is an issue, otherwise the forum has no advertising.
It will take several days before it is fully setup and tested, particularly as the festive season will be slowing down such work. It should be ready by the new year. Those that donate will be let on early to help check it out..

We also still need to raise the costs of setting up this new system. Some donations have come in, but we are not there, yet. Details and donations can be made here: https://groups.rifeforum.com/minutus.php#donate
A screenshot of the new phpBB based forum can also be seen there. It runs on my own webserver that is also used to run the Rife Forum as well.
Until all is setup and working, we can continue our discussions on the current group on groups.io.

Regards

Peter Walker
The Rife Forum
www.rife.de
www.rifewiki.org
www.rifeshop.com
www.rifeforum.com
groups.rifeforum.com
groups.io/g/rifeforum
gadgetheaven.net

Peter Walker
Site Admin

Post by Peter Walker »

Hello Deb,

The Rife Forum itself is located at www.rifeforum.com and it is running on a webserver I exclusively control that is physically located in Germany. Groups.io have no control over that forum at all and cannot tell me what can or cannot be posted there.

That same server is also hosting the new Minutus Forum that is currently being prepared to take over. Due to the holiday season, that process will take a bit longer as we are all a little preoccupied by Santa…
Now there is also a Rifeforum group on groups.io (was previously on YahooGroups) that is a so-called announcement group. When someone writes a post on the www.rifeforum.com website, an email with that message is sent to the rifeforum at groups.io for redistribution to all the members of that group that like to receive new posts via Email. It is simply for redistribution, nothing more.

See: https://www.rifeforum.com/forum/threads ... -via-EMail
The website has a large number of categories and I can select which ones are sent to groups.io – in fact if you look at the website, you will see that most of those sections have a little blue groups.io logo to signify that those posts are also sent to the Rifeforum group. Go down that list and you will find under Other Health Topics, there is a section called “Vaccinations” that does NOT have that blue label. Posts in that section are simply not sent to groups.io and therefore do not pose an issue for groups.io. If a member of the website wants to receive new posts via email from there, too – they can subscribe to that section individually.
Members of the website can of course read those posts at any time.
So, if groups.io mandates that for example I cannot report on the dangers of 5G, then I will simply stop sending those messages to the groups.io group. The posts on the forum website can continue on regardless.
The Minutus group is currently on groups.io until the new forum is fully up and running. Once that happens, we will move all members to the new forum and will then no longer need this group at groups.io or the YahooGroup. All discussions remain on the forum and groups.io have no link to that forum – it is a totally different system and groups.io will not even see the posts, let alone have any say in what is said. There is no big tech company running that webserver, just me and the German server company that hosts the server for me. They have no interest or control over what I put on that server, as long as I am not breaking any laws.
As messages on a forum do not need to be sent out via Email, all communications can remain within the system, even private member-to-member communication remains in the forum database, with simply a notification that a message is waiting sent via email. Such online forums are the best way of keeping discussions private to the forum members, as it is no longer necessary to send everything out via email.
So as long as I can pay the bills, then the forum is the place to be. Unfortunately, the yearly Forum costs have only been paid by 44% so my next job will be to make my Christmas Video to my forum members asking them to donate to make up the difference. That are usually good at that as they recognise how valuable the forum is. Maybe I will let you guys see my video as well…

Last year’s Christmas message and video can be seen here: https://www.rifeforum.com/forum/threads/8206
I too hope to have some time off celebrating Christmas – we still call it that where I live…
A Merry Christmas to all, and if you have some other religion or not, then the respective seasons greetings that you like to hear.

Regards

Peter Walker
The Rife Forum
www.rife.de
www.rifewiki.org
www.rifeshop.com
www.rifeforum.com
groups.rifeforum.com
groups.io/g/rifeforum
gadgetheaven.net

Debra Lamana

Post by Debra Lamana »

Peter,
Thanks for the extended explanation. Enjoy celebrating the Winter holidays. Deb
Hello Deb,

The Rife Forum itself is located at www.rifeforum.com and it is running on a webserver I exclusively control that is physically located in Germany. Groups.io have no control over that forum at all and cannot tell me what can or cannot be posted there.

That same server is also hosting the new Minutus Forum that is currently being prepared to take over. Due to the holiday season, that process will take a bit longer as we are all a little preoccupied by Santa…
Now there is also a Rifeforum group on groups.io (was previously on YahooGroups) that is a so-called announcement group.. When someone writes a post on the www.rifeforum.com website, an email with that message is sent to the rifeforum at groups.io for redistribution to all the members of that group that like to receive new posts via Email. It is simply for redistribution, nothing more.

The website has a large number of categories and I can select which ones are sent to groups.io – in fact if you look at the website, you will see that most of those sections have a little blue groups.io logo to signify that those posts are also sent to the Rifeforum group. Go down that list and you will find under Other Health Topics, there is a section called “Vaccinations” that does NOT have that blue label. Posts in that section are simply not sent to groups.io and therefore do not pose an issue for groups.io. If a member of the website wants to receive new posts via email from there, too – they can subscribe to that section individually.
So, if groups.io mandates that for example I cannot report on the dangers of 5G, then I will simply stop sending those messages to the groups.io group. The posts on the forum website can continue on regardless.
The Minutus group is currently on groups.io until the new forum is fully up and running. Once that happens, we will move all members to the new forum and will then no longer need this group at groups.io or the YahooGroup. All discussions remain on the forum and groups.io have no link to that forum – it is a totally different system and groups.io will not even see the posts, let alone have any say in what is said. There is no big tech company running that webserver, just me and the German server company that hosts the server for me. They have no interest or control over what I put on that server, as long as I am not breaking any laws.
As messages on a forum do not need to be sent out via Email, all communications can remain within the system, even private member-to-member communication remains in the forum database, with simply a notification that a message is waiting sent via email. Such online forums are the best way of keeping discussions private to the forum members, as it is no longer necessary to send everything out via email.
So as long as I can pay the bills, then the forum is the place to be. Unfortunately, the yearly Forum costs have only been paid by 44% so my next job will be to make my Christmas Video to my forum members asking them to donate to make up the difference. That are usually good at that as they recognise how valuable the forum is. Maybe I will let you guys see my video as well…

Last year’s Christmas message and video can be seen here: https://www.rifeforum.com/forum/threads/8206
I too hope to have some time off celebrating Christmas – we still call it that where I live…
A Merry Christmas to all, and if you have some other religion or not, then the respective seasons greetings that you like to hear.

Regards

Peter Walker
The Rife Forum
www.rife.de
www.rifewiki.org
www.rifeshop.com
www.rifeforum.com
groups.rifeforum.com
groups.io/g/rifeforum
gadgetheaven.net

Debra Lamana

Post by Debra Lamana »

Peter,
Thanks for the extended explanation. Enjoy celebrating the Winter holidays.
Deb
Hello Deb,

Now there is also a Rifeforum group on groups.io (was previously on YahooGroups) that is a so-called announcement group.. When someone writes a post on the www.rifeforum.com website, an email with that message is sent to the rifeforum at groups.io for redistribution to all the members of that group that like to receive new posts via Email. It is simply for redistribution, nothing more.

Regards

Peter Walker
The Rife Forum
www.rife.de
www.rifewiki.org
www.rifeshop.com
www.rifeforum.com
groups.rifeforum.com
groups.io/g/rifeforum
gadgetheaven.net

Return to “Migration Archive”