The Future on Minutus - Alternatives to groups.io

In this forum, we have placed all the messages related to migrating the YahooGroup to this Forum so you can see what happened. These messages have been moved here from the YahooGroups Archive. The forum has been locked, no new posts allowed.
Dr. Joe Rozencwajg, NMD

Re: The Future on Minutus - Alternatives to groups.io

Post by Dr. Joe Rozencwajg, NMD »

I do not use a VPN when dealing with Paypal as it always checks the origin of the payments and warns the owner, it is one of the safety measures.

But I use Paypal a lot, and this never happened; the few websites I trust and allow to know my location always have it right.
Dr. Joe Rozencwajg, NMD.
"The greatest enemy of any science is a closed mind"

www.naturamedica.co.nz

Heidi

Post by Heidi »

I don't blame you for being cautious; hackers are always on.

BTW: Rats smell really great! We had many lab rescues and they actually smelled good (although the older boys could get 'musky' :-)

Heidi
Apparently my post a few days ago was not seen.... I went on the donation site, registered, logged in, then tried to use Paypal. It immediately asked me to confirm it was me as the log in happened from Berkeley, California, and I am a long way from there. Immediately shut down the computer. Tried again later, same thing.

Call me paranoiac, but that looked like someone trying to hijack my Paypal account.... I smell a rat...
Dr. Joe Rozencwajg, NMD.

www.naturamedica.co.nz

Dr. Joe Rozencwajg, NMD

Did you ever encounter a rat coming out of the sewers? Ugh....
Dr. Joe Rozencwajg, NMD.

www.naturamedica.co.nz

Peter Walker
Site Admin

Post by Peter Walker »

Hi,

here is an update on the planned migration to a new phpBB forum platform on my servers with intact YahooGroup Archives.
The technical preparations are nearing completion and the move to the new platform could happen by the end of January.
However, I need to pay the provider for converting your archives to the new system. He charges me $200 for the conversion work plus $1 per thousand messages which would be $109 = $309 in costs that I have to pay this guy to migrate the messages to the new forum. So far, only $158.99 has come in from your group so we are $150.01 short on paying the migration costs – On that I do not earn a cent for my costs or time, in fact I am still losing as PayPal/Stripe take their cut on the incoming payments so that $309 donated means I actually only receive about $280 and have to make up the difference myself.
Unfortunately, since Joe got outraged because PayPal got his location wrong and he subsequently did not pay the $10 he wanted to donate, not one person from your group has donated to the migration fund.
Let me point out that other groups have paid me over $3000 in the past month for my assistance with helping their groups migrate or for Windows archives and not one payment caused any problems. All money paid arrived properly and I provided the promised assistance. In fact, while writing this message, another much larger group gave me the order to transfer their group to groups.io. They have already paid me in full. But somehow your group does not seem to be interested in recovering your past archives so I have decided, why should I care. Those that donated have received offline archives so they are covered.
With the money you guys have contributed, I can complete setting up the new forum for you and importing all the members to it. You will have a new home where you can discuss what you want to – your members will be all transferred and future discussions are possible. But. all your past discussions will be lost, but those that want to see them can still download an offline version from https://groups.rifeforum.com/minutus.php
If your group can raise the missing $150 by the end of this week, it is still possible to restore your archives – otherwise you can just start the new forum with a clean slate. As I have given up on your group being prepared to pay the running costs for the forum, I will instead setup advertising on the forum to at least recover some of my own costs.
Once I have everything all setup, I will give Soroush moderator access and I will leave you guys to continue on from there.
I tried hard to rescue your group, but it has become obvious to me that you do not value your archives enough to pay for the restoration costs, let alone for all my time helping you out.

Minutus is not my group, I have just been trying to help you guys out of this mess.
I wish everyone here a Happy New Year.

Regards

Peter Walker
The Rife Forum
www.rife.de
www.rifewiki.org
www.rifeshop.com
www.rifeforum.com
groups.rifeforum.com
groups.io/g/rifeforum
rifegroup.groups.io/g/Rife
gadgetheaven.net

Dr. Joe Rozencwajg, NMD

"the $10 I wanted to donate"?????

How do you assume to know how much I wanted to donate?

Quite easy to attack one single person who expressed a genuine concern
about exposing his financial avenue of payment in a way that never
happened before and make him the scapegoat! Let it be known that I asked
Paypal for an explanation and none was forthcoming...but now you really
did it for me.

Dr. Joe Rozencwajg, NMD.

www.naturamedica.co.nz

Peter Walker
Site Admin

Post by Peter Walker »

"the $10 I wanted to donate"?????

How do you assume to know how much I wanted to donate?”
Here is your unpaid order for $10 (below), that is how I know.
Joe, it is nothing personal or meant as an attack on you. You were very loudly complaining about an issue you perceived to be a problem. I suggested you pay by Credit Card instead, but you then just continued to paint the payment system as some kind of scam – which it isn’t. I am not surprised nobody else wanted to donate after your outburst. It is just a shame that the archives of your group cannot be restored because not enough funds were donated. It is just $150 that are missing, provided I am still prepared to do all the work for free, after all this aggravation.
I have no idea why PayPal played up with your order thinking you were in California - that caused this situation. I have received hundreds of payments through that channel and have never heard anyone else have this problem. I suspect your ISP simply routed your Internet connection via a proxy in California.
Who knows, maybe nobody else wanted to donate anyway and it has nothing to do with your complaints that nobody else donated. None of us know that, I just reported factually that after your complaint, no other donations came in. It might just be a coincidence. This is not about blame, this is about restoring your group that is in this mess through no fault of mine.
From the start, trying to help your group has been difficult. First, I was ignored, then you guys ignored my pleas for urgency until it was too late to migrate your group normally. When I told you guys I had archived your group and you could download a copy for use at home, I just got complaints that it would cost them the price of a Pizza. That was the first time I realized just how unimportant it is for you guys to keep your archives. When I was finally told who the moderator was, it was too late – Yahoo had pulled the plug. Then there were further hurdles until I got access to the group. I was finally able to download the membership list and just needed the funds to cover the costs for plan B, but those funds have not been met and I am certainly not going to contribute those funds myself – I have already contributed way too many hours of my time trying to get you guys sorted out. For my efforts, all I get is being bad-mouthed.
Had it not been for all those delays, your group would have been migrated for $50. Plan B costs $309 and for all my efforts and aggravation, I do not get to keep a cent of that for my efforts to save your group.
So right now, I am giving your group a final chance. Raise at least that $150 by Saturday, because after that I will migrate your group to the new platform without your archives and then I will be out of here – Your group just does not want my help and also does not value your archives being restored – I have got that now.

You can donate on this page: https://groups.rifeforum.com/minutus.php
Regards
Peter
Sent: Monday, December 23, 2019 10:03 PM
To: orders@rifeforum.com
Subject: Order number 191224-MG22
Order number: 191224-MG22
Invoice Address/Shipping address

Company:

Natura Medica Ltd

First Name:

Dr. Joe

Last name:

Rozencwajg, NMD

Country (ISO 3166/A2):

NZ

New Zealand

Email address:

homeosensei101@gmail.com
Product list

Name

Quantity

Price

Subtotal

Minutus group donation, $10
Donation for recovering Minutus messages to https://rifegroup.groups.io/g/Minutus
Those who donate will receive a digital download of the Minutus YahooGroup archives including Windows Software to display and search, etc.

$10.00

$10.00

Payment: PayPal

$0.00

Total price

$10.00
Payment
PayPal

Regards

Peter Walker
The Rife Forum
www.rife.de
www.rifewiki.org
www.rifeshop.com
www.rifeforum.com
groups.rifeforum.com
groups.io/g/rifeforum
gadgetheaven.net

Peter Walker
Site Admin

Post by Peter Walker »

Hi Ellen,

If you just want to donate to an email address, just send the money via PayPal to rifeforum@rife.de and include a message that the funds are for the Minutus group. That will work.

Regards

Peter Walker
The Rife Forum
www.rife.de
www.rifewiki.org
www.rifeshop.com
www.rifeforum.com
groups.rifeforum.com
groups.io/g/rifeforum
gadgetheaven.net

Elizabeth Brandegee

Post by Elizabeth Brandegee »

Could those who agree with this change and who have/are willing to do the pmt please respond here or privately?
I do not see a problem with it but wonder who is on board.
Thanks,
Elizabeth

Maria Bohle

Post by Maria Bohle »

Have not been keeping up.
Can I have a short version of what is being asked?

Ellen Madono

Post by Ellen Madono »

Maria, I am not keeping track very well, so this probably not all true. Also, there are probably other issues. I am intending to state facts without my opinions. I am hoping that others will correct me.

1. Peter Walker from the Rife forum is saying he has prepared a site to keep our archives. But it costs him 300 dollars to do this. Before he said it costs $200. He has done some of the mechanical work already on his site assuming that we will commit to the move.

2. No one came forward to put our archives on your site. The British Institute of Homeopathy in the USA. I understand that you need a technically competent person.

3. Peter is asking that we donate something like $10 dollars if we can manage that as individuals to meet the bill. At $300 dollars, Tanya is saying if 20 people donated $15 we would foot the bill. He is asking for donations for all the sites that he is archiving.

4. If you go to his site, it is private. The content of his site is not mainstream so he is also vulnerable to attack.

5. Several people have said they have downloaded the Archives, so we have not lost them.

6. The question is where should we put them and where should we carry on our discussions?

7. The online mail format that we are all accustomed to appears to be not totally possible on Peter’s site. I am not clear about the mechanics of that.

Best,
Ellen Madono

Return to “Migration Archive”