After months of work, the Minutus forum has opened with your complete YahooGroup archives from the beginning until April 7, 2020. You can view your complete archives there and also reply to any topic and post new ones in a range of new categories. I will continue to provide technical support on this forum, but Soroush will take on the job of moderating content where necessary. This is by far the best home for the Minutus group:
- The new forum uses the phpBB 3.30 forum software with a number of extensions. Very user-friendly and easy to use.
- You can read and post messages and replies on the forum or via an app. Just as easy to use as via email, without clogging up your email account.
- For technical reasons, it is NOT possible to post via Email. New posts are also not currently being sent out via email, but is being investigated.
- Forums are actually superior to mailing lists – Mailing lists are like a newspaper, only the topic of the day. Forums are like a library with easy access to each of the books (topics) in the archives.
- Everyone from the Minutus YahooGroup should already have an account on the new forum with access to their respective existing posts.
- Members that used more than one email account with the YahooGroup and made a post, will have an account for each address.
- It is possible to merge the accounts into one. Contact user Peter Walker if this applies to you with a list of all your email accounts to combine.
- Instructions on how to obtain your username and password are displayed clearly and this can be done within a couple of minutes.
- Posting is done online or via an app – much more conveniently than via email.
- iOS and Android users can use the TapaTalk app to easily read and post on the forum from your smartphone or tablet.
- All your archives have been restored there and are now online.
- It is now much easier to read posts made in the past
- Your files and photos can be found here.
- At the bottom of each post, there are links to 10 similar posts enabling you to find related topics posted even up to 20 years ago.
- A daily digest of new posts made on the Minutus Forum is being posted to the Minutus YahooGroup via email. and reposted on the Minutus group on groups.io (membership required).
- The forum has a selection of categories and we need volunteers to help move the existing posts into the respective sections.
- Please make sure you are logged in and start using the new forum, now.
- This is now the ONLY platform I will continue to actively provide support for. My temporary job of technically moderating the YahooGroup and Minutus group on groups.io is now complete – I have other jobs to work on.
This was the original home of the Minutus group. Yahoo removed the archives on December 16, 2019 and severely reduced the capabilities to control the group. In recent times, the YahooGroup has been doing all kinds of strange things beyond the control of the moderators. We have been seeing people complaining about receiving messages without even being members. They can even post, yet their email addresses are not listed in the member list. We can therefore not prevent these people from receiving posts from our group and they are unable to unsubscribe, either. Members who were previously set to receive no email are now being shown as set to receive Individual Emails. Many members that joined years ago are now surprised to suddenly be receiving emails from us. Moderation capabilities have been severely curtailed and often trying to make simple changes just gives an error message. The YahooGroup has become unmanageable and I can only recommend to not use it any more for posts – use the Minutus Forum instead, that is a much better platform.
- As YahooGroups no longer store the posted messages, everything posted there is sent out immediately – there is no digest feature available at all.
- Some members have continued to post to the YahooGroup, that is further splitting the energies of the group. We now have a new and powerful platform with the Minutus Forum – please move all new topics to the Minutus Forum.
- A daily digest of posts made on the Minutus Forum is now being automatically posted to the YahooGroup. This allows lurkers that have not yet logged into the forum to continue to be informed of current topics. This should now be the only use of the YahooGroup.
- Recent topics posted on the YahooGroup have now been reposted on the Minutus group on groups.io and future posts made there should now automatically appear there as well. The groups.io group does offer its own digests, for those that want them.
- The reasons that continuing to post to the YahooGroup is not a good idea are that all posts are not archived (although I have started to redirect them to groups.io), there is no digest option forcing everyone to have their mailboxes to be flooded every day with every individual emails or leave the group. There are now a lot of complaints from people who do not want to receive all this chit-chat, but do want the Forum Digest. There are more than enough diverse categories on the forum for well organized parallel discussions that people can selectively read whereas the YahooGroup rams every single post into people’s inboxes if they want them or not. The only other option is to leave the YahooGroup and then miss out on the digests – the official role of the YahooGroup. Move the discussions to the Forum, then people can choose what they want to read.
- My job as moderator of the YahooGroup was necessary to help organize the rebuilding of the group into what has not become the Minutus Forum. That job is done and I no longer see it as my job to manage the YahooGroup anymore.
- I strongly advise against continuing to use the YahooGroup for chatting and to move such discussions to the forum instead. I will certainly now stop providing support for the YahooGroup and will not respond to questions posted there anymore. Discussions can continue on the forum or for the die-hards on groups.io.
- Please address any future enquires for assistance to the original moderator Soroush. I have assigned him full moderator rights to the YahooGroup. Again, it should now only be used to redistribute the Daily Digest.
- If you want to unsubscribe from the YahooGroup, send an email to [email]email@example.com?subject=Unsubscribe[/email] with Unsubscribe on the subject line? If that does not work, contact Soroush for assistance, for example at firstname.lastname@example.org
This was initially setup as a replacement for the YahooGroup after the archives went offline. Every member of the YahooGroup was sent an invite, but only just over 100 members actually joined at the time. It is a modern replacement for a YahooGroup and can do everything the YahooGroups used to be able to do and more. Posts from the YahooGroup are now being automatically reposted to this group. It is possible to continue discussions via Email there and is certainly a better place to do so than the YahooGroup.
- Like a YahooGroup, it is one long stream of discussions without being sorted into categories.
- Messages are being archived and can be read online.
- Digests are available. Members of the YahooGroup who just want to receive messages in the digest, can leave the YahooGroup and join this group instead.
- Posting via Email is possible, for the die-hards that have not yet discovered the numerous advantages of using a forum.
- Although I am officially the owner of this group, I have assigned Soroush moderation rights and I will be now withdrawing my support except for technical issues that Soroush cannot handle.
I am the British owner of the Rife Forum (www.rifeforum.com) and am involved in various projects. My day-job, so to speak, is running a microscope company www.grayfieldoptical.com.
I am also involved in numerous other projects including https://gadgetheaven.net and am even the webmaster of the Star Trek New Voyages Fan-Film series: www.stnv.de. I joined this group as part of my project to archive 70 Health-Related YahooGroups after Yahoo announced their plans to remove the archives. I am still offering those archives for download and offline reading on Windows PCs. https://groups.rifeforum.com
After seeing that your active group was heading for disaster with the imminent deletion of the YahooGroup archives with no appropriate action being taken, I spoke up and offered my assistance to secure this group. I have no background in homeopathy, I am however heavily involved in Rife resonance therapy as well as being a computer expert with deep experience in running YahooGroups and forums. By the time my assistance was accepted, it was too late to properly migrate your group to groups.io – three days earlier would have been enough, but my messages got held up in moderation. Since then, I have been providing technical assistance and helping to moderate the Minutus group with the aim of restoring your archives and members online on a new platform. This cost me hundreds of hours of my time, but the job is now complete with the opening of the Minutus forum. As I have had to neglect my other projects to help your group recover from the loss of your archives and group integrity, I now have to step back from supporting the YahooGroup and your groups.io group and will only be providing technical support for the forum in future. I used this situation to start the new https://forums.group platform and your group was used as the prototype for setting up this new service. The aim is now, to offer other lost YahooGroups the ability to migrate to Forums.Group and regain their archives and integrity again. I therefore will have to step back from supporting your group as the reasons for me being here have now been resolved. I spent hundreds of hours rescuing your group without pay where the $311 donated was all spent on costs and it was not even enough. But it is now time for me to move on to my other projects including preparing the forums.group platform for other groups that need to be restored. I have provided the forum and it is fully functional, but it is up to you to actually use it.
“You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink”
is a suitable phrase to describe the current situation. Believe me, the forum is by far the best place to make your group thrive. Do not make the mistake of trying to hold on to your old ways by continuing to use the more than broken YahooGroups system. It is good enough to distribute the digest, everything else just results in your posts being lost to future readers and only seen by a few. Posts on the forum are well preserved and can easily still be found and read 10 years from now. What you post on the YahooGroup will be mostly forgotten a week or so later. I know this from my years of running forums and groups of my own and it also took some time for my members to recognise the advantages of the forum system, but now it is a thriving community.
Either way, I have given you as much good advice as I could and it is now your responsibility to learn from it. My job here is done and I have left you an excellent platform for your future discussions. It does cost money to run a forum like the Minutus Forum and as your group was the prototype, I have set it up with premium features and without advertising for now. You have until next April to decide if you can then invest the $150 per annum to continue at that level or to have your group reduced to the Free hosting level with less features and advertising to cover costs. More details at https://forums.group
Thanks to those who worked with me to restore your group to the Minutus Forum. It is now up to you guys to use it responsibly in the future. I am still around for emergencies, but I will be withdrawing from the day-to-day support of your group.
Best wishes and I hope your group will continue to thrive.