Formatting for the Daily Digest

Welcome to the Minutus Forum. If you have technical question or comments about this forum, please post them here so that we can see them and respond.
tely49

Formatting for the Daily Digest

Post by tely49 »

Peter, is there any way to add numbers to the threads that are summarized in the daily digest, similar to how it's done in Yahoo and groups.io?  In its current format, it's hard to tell when one post ends and another one starts, and it's also hard to tell which threads the posts belong to.  Thanx!

Peter Walker
Site Admin

Re: Formatting for the Daily Digest

Post by Peter Walker »

I did say the digest is not perfect, yet. I have just made some changes and we will have to wait until the next one is sent to see if it looks better.

tely49

Post by tely49 »

Wonderful -- thanx, Peter!  And as long as you're making changes, the "From" field for the daily digest has a bunch of characters -- not a word.

Oh, and one more thing -- I sent you an email yesterday about setting up another forum.  Thank you!

tely49

Post by tely49 »

Oh, never mind -- the problem in the "From" field is now fixed!

Peter Walker
Site Admin

Post by Peter Walker »

tely49 wrote:Oh, never mind -- the problem in the "From" field is now fixed!
The strange codes in the from field comes from me changing the email provider to Amazon to improve deliverability. There were too many bounces when using the standard provider as soon as you try to send a mass email. Disadvantage of using Amazon is that I have to pay them for each email sent.

Sent from my LIFETAB_P970X using Tapatalk

tely49

Post by tely49 »

Thank you, Peter!  And would you please respond to the private email I sent you a few days ago about setting up another forum?

Tely

Peter Walker
Site Admin

Post by Peter Walker »

I have made a change to the formatting of the Daily Digest. Up until now, the posts were split horizontally with the topic, time and poster details on the left and the text on the right. It has now been changed to have those details on the top and the post using the full width beneath it. This looks better and means you have less to scroll in your emails. The new format starts with the Daily Digest of May 19, 2020 which should include this post.

A minor change has also been made to the individual emails sent to the groups.io list. Replies now start with "Re: " on the subject line.
If you are only on the Minutus YahooGroup and would like to receive each new post immediately and individually via email, you just need to join the Minutus group on groups.io, here: https://rifegroup.groups.io/g/Minutus

Return to “Forum Feedback”